Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

iPhone 6 - No PIN Number

• 24-01-2020 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭

My father gave my 12 year old son an old iPhone 6 but he cant remember the pin number.

Is there anyway this phone can be used again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

My father gave my 12 year old son an old iPhone 6 but he cant remember the pin number.

Is there anyway this phone can be used again?

Could be wrong but think it depends if it’s locked to the I cloud

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭djdunny

OP can you clarify when you say PIN number. Usually the PIN is for the SIM card that’s in the phone. Is it the passcode to gain access to the phone??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You can erase it and set it up as new.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

5uspect wrote: »
    You can erase it and set it up as new.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

Does anyone know how this can be done with the AssistiveTouch Home button? The physical Home button is not working.

Does anyone know how this can be done with the AssistiveTouch Home button? The physical Home button is not working.

Start with the phone in powered off status.
    Press and hold down the volume- button as first step. Keep it pressed until I say so :)
    Next, you need to also press power button until apple logo displays, then release power button while still keeping the volume- button pressed.
    Language selection option should then display.
    Okay, now you can let go of the volume button and do the setup stuff. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement