Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is a thread about the 2020 Six Nations, formerly the Five Nations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,742 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

awec wrote: »
    I just want to point out that four pints in Lansdowne Road tonight cost me €29.

Twenty nine euro.

Everyone involved in this is a disgrace and I hope their next ****e is a hedgehog.

That's what you get for buying pints in the Aviva. Did you buy all 4 at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Twenty nine euro.

Everyone involved in this is a disgrace and I hope their next ****e is a hedgehog.

€6.25 a pint plus the €1 deposit for the plastic cup.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Twenty nine euro.

What's wrong with a hip flask?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Realtalknow

Drunk D4 fans ruining the reputation of Irish fans as per usual in town tonight. Most arrogant and entitled people on earth.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Drunk D4 fans ruining the reputation of Irish fans as per usual in town tonight. Most arrogant and entitled people on earth.

This probably isn't the forum for you so.

I'll save you further embarrassment, bye.

• Advertisement

Very interesting weekend.

With the England loss the chance of a grand slam has diminished. If anyone was to win the Grand Slam from here I'd be looking at Wales. I still expect that French team to fall apart away from home at some stage during the tournament. So Wales are looking in a decent place albeit untested against Italy.

Hard to figure where Ireland's fortunes this tournament will be. I think we'll be better against Wales, If we can get some of the injured lads back and we build on yesterdays game it'll be tight enough.

I'm reminded of the start of Joe's tenure. We were sloppy and a bit abject against Australia. Two weeks later it took a miracle for a very strong All Blacks team to beat us.

• Administrators Posts: 53,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Very interesting weekend.

With the England loss the chance of a grand slam has diminished. If anyone was to win the Grand Slam from here I'd be looking at Wales. I still expect that French team to fall apart away from home at some stage during the tournament. So Wales are looking in a decent place albeit untested against Italy.

Hard to figure where Ireland's fortunes this tournament will be. I think we'll be better against Wales, If we can get some of the injured lads back and we build on yesterdays game it'll be tight enough.

I'm reminded of the start of Joe's tenure. We were sloppy and a bit abject against Australia. Two weeks later it took a miracle for a very strong All Blacks team to beat us.
    Both Farrell and Schmidt made dodgy calls at 9 for their first games in charge. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Twenty nine euro.

that's only the first pint. If you brought back cups each time it goes back to a euro cheaper. So 25.
    Working as usual in stadium. Complaints about prices weren't as bad as they usually are....

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭penybont exile

TBH the four teams who can win this are all still in with a shout ..... This time next week the mist will have lifted somewhat.

Pressure on England with an away game ..... Scotland can be awkward at Murrayfield.

France have a bye so will be sitting pretty.

Brings us to the main event next Saturday.

It's a 50:50 game for me ..... however if we can ensure a solid set piece for the duration I'm reasonably optimistic we'll get a positive outcome. Big IF though as our scrum wobbled a bit yesterday. Need to get back to our WC form in that dept .....

Both teams have selection issues ........ for us I'd start Tompkins (looks a natural), move North back to wing. G Davies & L William's onto the bench. In the pack shore up the front row with WillGrif John. I'd also be very tempted to start Moriarty with Faletau on the bench. If it's close going into the last quarter then I really fancy our chances as IMO we have the stronger bench ..... for Ireland who knows ...... injuries are going to dictate but I wouldn't be too displeased to see POM keep his spot. Would it be wishing too much for Faz SNR to bring in Dave K .......

Looking forward to it .... will be there .... won't be sipping over priced grog in the ground though .... plenty of decent venues around before and after for that ......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Twenty nine euro.

Demand dictates the price. You're buying it so ultimately you're responsible for the price.

....shame on you :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,388 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

This is what you get when you select a lock to play blindside flanker and a smallish openside at 8.

https://twitter.com/RugbyInsideLine/status/1224089732336037888?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 16,388 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Russell didn't return to Scotland camp for this week's training. No chance he's playing at all this Six Nations. Probably won't play for Townsend again either.

https://twitter.com/ScotsmanSport/status/1224315448369479681?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Clegg wrote: »
    Russell didn't return to Scotland camp for this week's training. No chance he's playing at all this Six Nations. Probably won't play for Townsend again either.

Probably for the best, Hastings went quite well on Saturday all things considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,554 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Clegg wrote: »

Great unseen work by Simon Zebo. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Probably for the best, Hastings went quite well on Saturday all things considered.

I'm a fan of Hastings. I think he has real class and will get much better with all this exposure.

Russell is obviously a quality player but sometimes you need a bit of restraint in the 10 position.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,267 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Now they have absolutely no back up though..

AdamD wrote: »
    Now they have absolutely no back up though..

Duncan Weir was called up after Russell was dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Scythica

England team named.

Furbank; May, Joseph, Farrell, Daly; Ford, Heinz; M Vunipola, George, Sinckler, Kruis, Itoje, Ludlam, Underhill, Curry

Replacements: Dunn, Genge, Stuart, Launchbury, Lawes, Earl, Youngs, Devoto

6/2 bench split

LCD's partner in labour, no idea what happened to Marler?

• Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

a bit tough on Ewels... but itoje / kruis with launchbury backup is probably englands best lock combo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

WALES TEAM TO PLAY IRELAND (Saturday February 8 KO 14.15 ITV & S4C)

15. Leigh Halfpenny (86 Caps)
    14. George North (92 Caps)
    13. Nick Tompkins (1 Cap)
    12. Hadleigh Parkes (26 Caps)
    11. Josh Adams (22 Caps)
    10. Dan Biggar (80 Caps)
    9. Tomos Williams (17 Caps)
    1. Wyn Jones (23 Caps)
    2. Ken Owens (74 Caps)
    3. Dillon Lewis (23 Caps)
    4. Jake Ball (43 Caps)
    5. Alun Wyn Jones (C) (135 Caps)
    6. Aaron Wainwright (19 Caps)
    7. Justin Tipuric (73 Caps)
    8. Taulupe Faletau (73 Caps)

Replacements:
    16. Ryan Elias (10 Caps)
    17. Rhys Carre (6 Caps)
    18. Leon Brown (7 Caps)
    19. Adam Beard (20 Caps)
    20. Ross Moriarty (42 Caps)
    21. Gareth Davies (51 Caps)
    22. Owen Williams (3 Caps)
    23. Johnny McNicholl (1 Cap)​

• Advertisement

I've a real mental block about Wales. I think it comes from their club performances but I look at that 23 and I don't see many players who would make an Irish 23.

Ken Owens, Wyn Jone, faletau from the pack.

North in the backs, Biggar into the 22 jersey.

And yet we always struggle against them. Gatland was a great coach, Pivac looks to have the calibre but needs to show it at National team level.

I've no idea what to expect from Saturday. I've a narrow Irish win but anything could happen from either team trashing the other to a narrow win for either.

North in the backs, Biggar into the 22 jersey.

Josh Adams before North, hes a shadow of what he once was, and has lost some pace.

both welsh SHs would be challenging ours too, and either could make an argument for starting in green.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Finding it s really difficult one to call; 16/1 on the draw?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Scythica

Scotland named.

Murrayfield Stadium

15. Stuart Hogg CAPTAIN (Exeter Chiefs) – 73 caps

14. Sean Maitland (Saracens) – 45 caps
    13. Huw Jones (Glasgow Warriors) – 24 caps
    12. Sam Johnson (Glasgow Warriors) – 10 caps
    11. Blair Kinghorn (Edinburgh) – 18 caps

10. Adam Hastings (Glasgow Warriors) – 17 caps
    9. Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors) – 29 caps

1. Rory Sutherland (Edinburgh) – 4 caps
    2. Fraser Brown (Glasgow Warriors) – 47 caps
    3. Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) – 26 caps
    4. Scott Cummings (Glasgow Warriors) – 9 caps
    5. Jonny Gray (Glasgow Warriors) – 56 caps
    6. Jamie Ritchie (Edinburgh) – 15 caps
    7. Hamish Watson (Edinburgh) – 29 caps
    8. Magnus Bradbury (Edinburgh) – 11 caps

Substitutes:
    16. Stuart McInally (Edinburgh) – 34 caps
    17. Allan Dell (London Irish) – 29 caps
    18. Simon Berghan (Edinburgh) – 24 caps
    19. Ben Toolis (Edinburgh) – 23 caps
    20. Nick Haining (Edinburgh) – 1 cap
    21. George Horne (Glasgow Warriors) – 11 caps
    22. Rory Hutchinson (Northampton Saints) – 4 caps
    23. Chris Harris (Gloucester) – 15 caps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Whens the French team announced?

Whens the French team announced?

when they sober up .....

bERHGMg_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

qcGWeqZ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

bERHGMg_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

2 saffa locks...Must be something in the water down there to make so many good big men.

hahashake wrote: »
    2 saffa locks...Must be something in the water down there to make so many good big men.

did you see the size of leRoux roets this morning???

good jesus he must have pushed more drugs than harold shipman !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,142 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Speaking of Saffas, the Mail is claiming they'll all be here this time a few years away
    [url]

Advertisement