Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Youths Rugby

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

the whole set up is a shambles,since the development officers got involved things have got worse,the system of bringing players automatic from the u18 youths into the u19 the following season without holding trials etc is crazy,this is what happened this year
    and look what we are getting,it's fact a lot of limerick club players not getting a look in,are we going to do the same next year with the youths
    after they were beaten easily enough by the munster b/c schools recently
    There is problems with the system and some(certainly not all) are being caused through the development officers involvement
    Not every youths player involved in the 19s was in the youths squad last year,
    there was not any open sessions at the end of last season for players to be looked at but the coaches of the 19s must have been looking at games/ hearing reports from coaches etc as 2 nenagh players were called by ray egan sometime in may and one of them had barely played for nenagh during last season
    Limerick players are getting a look in, not to the extent that some of those clubs expect but they are getting looked at.

The youths did lose to the b/c schools but were missing several players for that game and considerng they have done well against the main schools team, they will do fine in the interpros.
    I saw the youths play the connacht youths in st senans a few weeks back and the youths did alright against them in the poor conditions and lost with a weakened team due to the dominance of the huge connacht pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭muscleshirt

ormond lad wrote: »
    There is problems with the system and some(certainly not all) are being caused through the development officers involvement
    Not every youths player involved in the 19s was in the youths squad last year,
    there was not any open sessions at the end of last season for players to be looked at but the coaches of the 19s must have been looking at games/ hearing reports from coaches etc as 2 nenagh players were called by ray egan sometime in may and one of them had barely played for nenagh during last season
    Limerick players are getting a look in, not to the extent that some of those clubs expect but they are getting looked at.

The youths did lose to the b/c schools but were missing several players for that game and considerng they have done well against the main schools team, they will do fine in the interpros.
    I saw the youths play the connacht youths in st senans a few weeks back and the youths did alright against them in the poor conditions and lost with a weakened team due to the dominance of the huge connacht pack.
    all players came from last years youths,gleeson from neanagh
    was a youth last year, i know of no other,missing players is an old excuse,poor conditions is even worse, that said i hope they do well this year

all players came from last years youths,gleeson from neanagh
    was a youth last year, i know of no other,missing players is an old excuse,poor conditions is even worse, that said i hope they do well this year
    not all, nearly all the clubs players involved were Munster/Irish youths last year but 4 or 5 were not.
    If you had been at the game and seen the size of the connacht pack, you would know that it was a major factor, they were huge and they ground out a victory over smaller players on a crappy pitch, who defended like demons but eventually were just overrun, on a crappy day.
    Munster will play connacht in the sportsground and unless it is a horrible day munster will win as their backline is far superior

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/9432.php
    Munster U18 Club Rep Side Well Prepared
    21 September 2011, 1:26 pm
    By The Editor

The Munster U18 Club representative side will begin their interprovincial campaign on Saturday, 24th September, taking on Ulster in Thomond Park, ko 1pm.

The Munster squad will come into the series well prepared after completing a very busy summer training programme. Following rigorous fitness screenings in early July, training has included weekly strength and conditioning work as well as twice weekly on-pitch sessions.
    The squad focused on player bonding last week-end starting at Tralee RFC where they watched Ireland's win over Australia and then met with the Club mini rugby players. The Munster players handed out promotional materials such as Munster posters and pens and spoke to the young players on the benefits of taking up sport from an early age.
    A pre interpro training game followed on the club grounds at Ballyard where the Munster U18 Clubs took on the Tralee U19 side.
    Following a presentation to both squads by Physiotherapist Collette Garvey on injury prevention and recovery, the Munster U18 Club squad travelled to Ballheigue, Co. Kerry, for their pool recovery session and an overnight stay.
    On Sunday morning as part of a team building exercise the squad were divided into teams and set a task to sculpture cartoon characters on the beach.
    Munster Rugby would like to thank Ed Barns for all his assistance with coordinating the week-end and Tralee RFC for the use of their facilities.
    Munster U18 Clubs Upcoming Fixtures:
    Sat. 1st Oct, Leinster U18 Clubs v Munster U18 Clubs, Donnybrook, ko 1pm
    Sat. 8th Oct, Connacht U18 Clubs v Munster U18 Clubs, Sportsground, ko 1pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

Limerick should have plenty players on Munster teams One o the few counties you see lads with rugby ball nearby n they usually head to UL What would people think of weaker counties being allowed put a representative side in schools comp Think it could highlight few new props and locks and scrumhalf outhalf talent Its a useful introduction before lads leave for university

• Advertisement

Limerick should have plenty players on Munster teams One o the few counties you see lads with rugby ball nearby n they usually head to UL What would people think of weaker counties being allowed put a representative side in schools comp Think it could highlight few new props and locks and scrumhalf outhalf talent Its a useful introduction before lads leave for university
    Limerick has had very few on munster and irish age grade teams in recent years, not exactly sure why though especially when club teams from limerick have done quite well in the club competitions.
    At youths interpro level in recent years most players seem to be from the east(tipp and waterford) and south(cork)
    Cork needs another top schools team as for a city of its size having just 2 A standard schools is terrible especially when limerick, including glenstal, has 5 and limerick has a much stronger clubs system.
    The youths u17 and 19 pan munster league is grand at highlighting potential players.(could do with some more publicity and more clubs to play especially at 19s level)
    Teams play in qualifying groups in their area then the top 4 in each area qualify for a pan munster last 16 where they get 3 games against the best club teams in the province-maybe in the future this stage of the competition could be expanded

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/9432.php
    Munster U18 Club Rep Side Well Prepared
    21 September 2011, 1:26 pm
    By The Editor

The Munster U18 Club representative side will begin their interprovincial campaign on Saturday, 24th September, taking on Ulster in Thomond Park, ko 1pm.

The Munstersquad will come into the series well prepared after completing a very busy summer training programme. Following rigorous fitness screenings in early July, training has included weekly strength and conditioning work as well as twice weekly on-pitch sessions.
    The squad focused on player bonding last week-end starting at Tralee RFC where they watched Ireland's win over Australia and then met with the Club mini rugby players. The Munster players handed out promotional materials such as Munster posters and pens and spoke to the young players on the benefits of taking up sport from an early age.
    A pre interpro training game followed on the club grounds at Ballyard where the Munster U18 Clubs took on the Tralee U19 side.
    Following a presentation to both squads byPhysiotherapist Collette Garveyon injury prevention and recovery, the Munster U18 Club squad travelled to Ballheigue, Co. Kerry, for their pool recovery session and an overnight stay.
    On Sunday morning as part of a team building exercise the squad were divided into teams and set a task to sculpture cartoon characters on the beach.
    Munster Rugby would like to thank Ed Barnes for all his assistance with coordinating the week-end and Tralee RFC for the use of their facilities.

Munster U18 Clubs Upcoming Fixtures:
    Sat. 1st Oct, Leinster U18 Clubs v MunsterU18 Clubs, Donnybrook, ko 1pm
    Sat. 8th Oct, Connacht U18 Clubs v MunsterU18 Clubs, Sportsground, ko 1pm

Munster U18 Clubs
    Tom O’Hare (Waterpark), Adrian Enright (Abbeyfeale), Mark Healy (Kanturk), Seamus Keating (Dungarvan), Cillian Ansboro (Youghal), Dylan Horgan (Highfield), Killian O’Keeffe (Crosshaven), Adam Walsh (Waterpark), Darren Coady (Waterpark), Jonathan Hayes (Nenagh Ormond), Laurence Houlihan (Dungarvan), John Madigan (Charleville), Kalani Moore (Waterpark), Oisin O’Meara (Kilfeacle and District), Jack O’Donoghue (Capt.)(Waterpark)
    Replacements: Padraig Keating (Clonmel), Eoghan Greene (Sunday’s Well), Niall O’Neill (Waterpark), Martin Mullane (Newcastlewest), Aaron Aitkinson (Ballina-Killaloe), Rory Parata (Sunday’s Well), Eamonn Chesser (Garryowen)
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/9437.php

The Leinster Under-18 Youths team to play Connacht at the Sportsgrounds, Galway on Sunday.
    15: Adam Byrne (Naas)
    14: Eoghan Feane (Portlaoise)
    13: Fergal Cleary (Navan)
    12: James Doyle (Greystones)
    11: James White (Enniscorthy)
    10: Stephen Duke (Gorey)
    9: Eoghan Carron (Skerries)
    1: Peter Dooley (Birr)Captain
    2: Cian Byrne (Tullamore)
    3: Brian Cunningham (Navan)
    4: Josh O'Rourke (DLSP)
    5: Diarmaid Hickey (Kilkenny)
    6: Eddie Earle (Gorey)
    7: Stephen Keelan (Navan)
    8: Killian Sweeney (Malahide)
    REPLACEMENTS:
    16: Shane Mulvany (Greystones)
    17: Shane Byrne (Wicklow)
    18: Stephen Gardiner (Gorey)
    19: Leon Martin (Tullamore) / Eoin O'Sullivan (Wicklow)
    20: Peter Connolly (Edenderry)
    21: Sean Moran (Kilkenny)
    22: Niall Campbell (DLSP)
    surprised to only see 3 gorey players in squad, they had a very good team last season u17 and were unlucky to lose to a very good galwegians side in the all ireland final

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭muscleshirt

Munster U18 Clubs
    Tom O’Hare (Waterpark), Adrian Enright (Abbeyfeale), Mark Healy (Kanturk), Seamus Keating (Dungarvan), Cillian Ansboro (Youghal), Dylan Horgan (Highfield), Killian O’Keeffe (Crosshaven), Adam Walsh (Waterpark), Darren Coady (Waterpark), Jonathan Hayes (Nenagh Ormond), Laurence Houlihan (Dungarvan), John Madigan (Charleville), Kalani Moore (Waterpark), Oisin O’Meara (Kilfeacle and District), Jack O’Donoghue (Capt.)(Waterpark)
    Replacements: Padraig Keating (Clonmel), Eoghan Greene (Sunday’s Well), Niall O’Neill (Waterpark), Martin Mullane (Newcastlewest), Aaron Aitkinson (Ballina-Killaloe), Rory Parata (Sunday’s Well), Eamonn Chesser (Garryowen)
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/9437.php
    no one on the squad from shannon,beaten in the final of the pan/munster u17 strange

no one on the squad from shannon,beaten in the final of the pan/munster u17 strange
    They had very few players in the north munster squad for the regional games last season iirc and afaik many of their best players are now schools tied, so unavailable for the youths

• Advertisement

Munster Youths beat Ulster 13-0. Trys for no. 8 jack o donoghue and prop jonny hayes, penalty by adrian enright
    The backrow of Oisin O Meara, Kalani Moore and Jack O Donoghue won the game for Munster, they were everywhere, Jack O Donoghue is a very very good player
    Backs were poor and unimaginative until subs Aaron Atkinson and Rory Parata came on. Both should start the next day

Munster Youths beat Ulster 13-0. Trys for no. 8 jack o donoghue and prop jonny hayes, penalty by adrian enright
    The backrow of Oisin O Meara, Kalani Moore and Jack O Donoghue won the game for Munster, they were everywhere, Jack O Donoghue is a very very good player
    Backs were poor and unimaginative until subs Aaron Atkinson and Rory Parata came on. Both should start the next day
    Munster 13 Ulster 0.
    Munster
    began their Under 18 Club Inter Provincial campaign with a thirteen point victory over Ulster at Thomond Park.
    Munster dominated the opening half and were thirteen up at the break with tries from Jonathan Hayes and Jack O’Donoghue and Adrian Enright kicked a penalty.
    Next up for Munster is a trip to Donnybrook next Saturday to face Leinster.
    Munster: Tom O’Hare (Waterpark); Adrian Enright (Abbeyfeale), Mark Healy (Kanturk), Seamus Keating (Dungarvan), Cillian Ansboro (Youghal); Dylan Horgan (Highfield), Killian O’Keeffe (Crosshaven); Adam Walsh (Waterpark), Darren Coady (Waterpark), Jonathan Hayes (Nenagh Ormond); Laurence Houlihan (Dungarvan), John Madigan (Charleville); Kalani Moore (Waterpark), Oisin O’Meara (Kilfeacle and District), Jack O’Donoghue Capt. (Waterpark).
    Replacements: Padraig Keating (Clonmel), Eoghan Greene (Sunday’s Well), Niall O’Neill (Waterpark), Martin Mullane (Newcastle West), Aaron Atkinson (Ballina-Killaloe), Rory Parata (Sunday’s Well), Eamonn Chesser (Garryowen)
    Ulster: Ryan Cobb (Dromore); Jonny Orr (Malone), Mathew McDonald (Banbridge), Graeme Currie (Portadown), Jonny Hillier (Malone); Adam Doherty (C)(Banbridge), Connor Henry (Malone); Mathew Davison (Portadown), Peter Cromie (Banbridge), Jonny McCreery (Banbridge); Iain McMenamin (Carrick), Russell Blair (Ballymoney); Mark Ferris (Carrick), Jordan Munnis (Ballymoney), Shane McBurney (Randalstown).
    Replacements: Daniel Maxwell (Dungannon), Luke Curlett (Dromore), Sean O’Hagan (Dungannon), Kacpar Kruzycki (Banbridge), Liam Gordon (Virginia), Ross Johnston (Ballynahinch), Don Mullan (Virginia).
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/9448.php

Leinster beat Connacht in interpro in sportsground today 12-5
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/newsroom/8544.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Mudfest

Hi Ormond Lad, Follow your posts, and find the majority of them good and you are very informative. I attended this U18 game and for me 5 and 7 for the munster lads were excellent. I honestly do not think there would be a side out there with a better second row, these two boys, Madigan and Houlihan (has a brother equally as good) are impressive. I don't want to 'down' lads, but I did think also the subs you named took their chances right enough. Thought the two centres were in general quite good. Kalaini Moore definitely came into it in a big way when 7 & 8 went off, which impressed me, finished very well. Jack O' Donoghue I have seen a good few times, seem to think he is developing a reputation that people are buying (maybe unfair of me) I agree a good player, expected more from him, for me he could work harder, isn't very hungry for a 'dirty' ball, whereas that Oisin O' Meara seems to thrieve on it, amazing work rate, seen him a few times too, light but seems to have serious hunger for it. Hope this team does well in their other two games, not a very big sized team, Ulster had a few big boys, but tried hard and will hopefully improve. Believe it is fantastic for these kids to play in Thomand, and a beautiful day for it, which probably contributed to so many of them suffering from cramp (along with their effort), well done to them .

Mudfest wrote: »
    Hi Ormond Lad, Follow your posts, and find the majority of them good and you are very informative. I attended this U18 game and for me 5 and 7 for the munster lads were excellent. I honestly do not think there would be a side out there with a better second row, these two boys, Madigan and Houlihan (has a brother equally as good) are impressive. I don't want to 'down' lads, but I did think also the subs you named took their chances right enough. Thought the two centres were in general quite good. Kalaini Moore definitely came into it in a big way when 7 & 8 went off, which impressed me, finished very well. Jack O' Donoghue I have seen a good few times, seem to think he is developing a reputation that people are buying (maybe unfair of me) I agree a good player, expected more from him, for me he could work harder, isn't very hungry for a 'dirty' ball, whereas that Oisin O' Meara seems to thrieve on it, amazing work rate, seen him a few times too, light but seems to have serious hunger for it. Hope this team does well in their other two games, not a very big sized team, Ulster had a few big boys, but tried hard and will hopefully improve. Believe it is fantastic for these kids to play in Thomand, and a beautiful day for it, which probably contributed to so many of them suffering from cramp (along with their effort), well done to them .
    I dont rate the Houlihan brothers that much, there is others who would be much better than them that should be in the squad. Not enough bite in them, madigan has much more mongrel in him
    Oisin O Meara is super, ive seen him play games at club level where he has made 30+ tackles and completely stop the opposition get any momentum at all, people keep saying he is too light but if he keeps playing like he does it wont matter. He probably could do with putting on a bit of weight to do well at a higher level but the way he plays with his tackling and in and around the breakdown he will survive and stand out at Irish youths level. Jack O Donoghue wasnt as good as previous games ive seen him play but kalani, Oisin and Jack won the game for munster, they didnt let the bigger Ulster team get any momentum at all.
    The backs were not great, they havent been great in any of the games I saw the youths play throughout the summer. They are too pedictable and the 2 subs that came on are a bit more unpredictable and IMO that is why they are not starting- they are much more willing to try things off the cuff and not stick to the gameplan
    They are not the biggest but when they play connacht up in galwey in 2 weeks as long as there is not a storm during on during the game, munster will win. I saw munster play connacht a few weeks ago in St Senans and the combination of a bad pitch with bad weather suited connacht perfectly, a dryer day on a better pitch will suit munster much more and they should win

• Registered Users Posts: 36 skip64

Excellent analysis of the game from Thomond Park on Saturday. also good to see the Schools win over Ulster. good to end on a winning note.
    Clubs game was good...a little nervous for some first caps in the opening 15min. 11,14,15.. Did well needed to see more ball spread wide…14 was excellent… could see his experience as it’s his second year with the Youths…. that 11 could do damage if fed the right ball.. 12 & 13 played well…12 had good hands kicked & rucked well. 10…a little naïve at times kicking inside the 22 in the opening 15min… maybe should have fed more out the line. Killian at 9 did well.. not afraid to call the shots…but right on Aaron when he came on. 6,7,8 were excellent with typical Waterpark attitude at 6 & 8. Spot on with Oisin at 7!!!. 4 & 5 were super in the line, excellent hands all through the game. Front row contested very well… and this showed at the scrum. Subs used well and did what was expected… Pity we did not see some scores in the second half… Good overall performance for guys getting 1st cap for Munster. Thomond Park looked super and the weather was excellent. We must recognise also that it was free entry with full program for School & Clubs. Good to see players being recognised across the province.
    The word on 8 is that he was out of action for some weeks on a bout of sickness. Good to see him back… also on his second year with the youths…

skip64 wrote: »
    Excellent analysis of the game from Thomond Park on Saturday. also good to see the Schools win over Ulster. good to end on a winning note.
    Clubs game was good...a little nervous for some first caps in the opening 15min. 11,14,15.. Did well needed to see more ball spread wide…14 was excellent… could see his experience as it’s his second year with the Youths…. that 11 could do damage if fed the right ball.. 12 & 13 played well…12 had good hands kicked & rucked well. 10…a little naïve at times kicking inside the 22 in the opening 15min… maybe should have fed more out the line. Killian at 9 did well.. not afraid to call the shots…but right on Aaron when he came on. 6,7,8 were excellent with typical Waterpark attitude at 6 & 8. Spot on with Oisin at 7!!!. 4 & 5 were super in the line, excellent hands all through the game. Front row contested very well… and this showed at the scrum. Subs used well and did what was expected… Pity we did not see some scores in the second half… Good overall performance for guys getting 1st cap for Munster. Thomond Park looked super and the weather was excellent. We must recognise also that it was free entry with full program for School & Clubs. Good to see players being recognised across the province.
    The word on 8 is that he was out of action for some weeks on a bout of sickness. Good to see him back… also on his second year with the youths…
    Jack O D had glandular fever and is only back training a week or 2, super performance on the back of that
    Jack subbed most of the interpros last year and Martin Mullane who was on the bench on saturday started ahead of him in the back row on last years youths team
    adrian enright the winger was also on last years youths
    Aaron Atkinson is only back from a serious injury a few weeks, should start next week at 9. offers a slight bit more
    Great to see interpros back in thomond there was a few years of them being played in dooradoyle but thomond is the place for them

Fair enough, I felt that Ulster looked vulnerable when the backs went at them, a few handling errors and space issues, kicking from hand far too much, quality of these generally poor, could understand kicking a bit when they had the breeze (was deceptive) but poor in that regard. Nerves come into it too and I would like to think the backs would improve, sub scrumhalf felt offered much more also, but again, would not like to knock any of them, they tried their best. Ulster left about 9 points behind them which if they chose to take them could of changed the complexion.

That Oisin lad reminds me of a jack russell who thinks he is a rottweiler, tough nut, gives his all and more, must be a very sore boy after games, he bounched of a couple of boys and came back to bite them, but like them all obviously loves the game, which in essence is great, if these boys enjoy and work together, hopefully they can do well.

People are down on munster underage at the moment, they have harder games on the way no doubt, would be good if they do well, nerves and being able to handle pressure big part of it too, but the ulster game should bring them on. Would think once they get to grips with more physical, bigger teams after the initial stages or so, like they did the last day they will do okay and also not show them any respect. So far there does not seem to be too much between teams in the youths, schools series so far.

Fair enough, I felt that Ulster looked vulnerable when the backs went at them, a few handling errors and space issues, kicking from hand far too much, quality of these generally poor, could understand kicking a bit when they had the breeze (was deceptive) but poor in that regard. Nerves come into it too and I would like to think the backs would improve, sub scrumhalf felt offered much more also, but again, would not like to knock any of them, they tried their best. Ulster left about 9 points behind them which if they chose to take them could of changed the complexion.

That Oisin lad reminds me of a jack russell who thinks he is a rottweiler, tough nut, gives his all and more, must be a very sore boy after games, he bounched of a couple of boys and came back to bite them, but like them all obviously loves the game, which in essence is great, if these boys enjoy and work together, hopefully they can do well.

People are down on munster underage at the moment, they have harder games on the way no doubt, would be good if they do well, nerves and being able to handle pressure big part of it too, but the ulster game should bring them on. Would think once they get to grips with more physical, bigger teams after the initial stages or so, like they did the last day they will do okay and also not show them any respect. So far there does not seem to be too much between teams in the youths, schools series so far.
    Trying hard not to be too harsh on them but the 12 from dungarvan who started is not a 12, he is a 10 and thats all. He will kick the ball every chance he gets(and he normally kicks very well) and is not a great distributer of the ball.
    He started at 10 for east in the regional trial games last season and looked very good because the east pack was so dominant over the opposition and he never had any opposition putting him under any pressure
    munster underage teams havent done very well in recent years except the youths team.at 19s and 20s we have been very poor the last few years.
    The youths and schools are almost level in munster and the youths are nearly beating the schools every 2nd game or so at interpro level, and in a few years the youths could have more players in the 19s squads than the schools

Jack O D had glandular fever and is only back training a week or 2, super performance on the back of that
    Jack subbed most of the interpros last year and Martin Mullane who was on the bench on saturday started ahead of him in the back row on last years youths team
    adrian enright the winger was also on last years youths
    Aaron Atkinson is only back from a serious injury a few weeks, should start next week at 9. offers a slight bit more
    Great to see interpros back in thomond there was a few years of them being played in dooradoyle but thomond is the place for them

I just don't believe his diagnosis was correct, if you know anyone who has had glandular fever, there is absolutely no way a kid could be back playing like he did after being diagnosed was it about two and a half months ago or there abouts, would take some near enough to twelve months to recover. Whatever he had or did not, he did do well and is a fine player. Important to have a bench, and replacements were good, which obviously makes it a competitive and hungry squad, Thomand great for them, they and their coaches and staff have worked hard, memorable for the kids,best of luck to them

• Advertisement

I just don't believe his diagnosis was correct, if you know anyone who has had glandular fever, there is absolutely no way a kid could be back playing like he did after being diagnosed was it about two and a half months ago or there abouts, would take some near enough to twelve months to recover. Whatever he had or did not, he did do well and is a fine player. Important to have a bench, and replacements were good, which obviously makes it a competitive and hungry squad, Thomand great for them, they and their coaches and staff have worked hard, memorable for the kids,best of luck to them
    Im 100% sure he had glandular fever as he didnt play or train with the youths for a few weeks late july/early august
    Great to see all the interpros in grounds like the sportsground and donnybrook

Correct on Jack...did not want to mention that sickness he had... took a lot out of him… but great potential. Aaron also back from injury.. probably correct with 12...he did play 10 all year...but thought he coped well Saturday....Coaches must see something in him. thought 10 was nervous… Let’s hope 15 will be OK.. took a bad knock some weeks ago in Midleton.. is a fine player. Note - Waterpark x 6 players, Dungarvan x 2 .. so 8 reps from Waterford???. Dungarvan/Waterpark had good games this year in the East clubs…stood out in the past 2 years.

skip64 wrote: »
    Correct on Jack...did not want to mention that sickness he had... took a lot out of him… but great potential. Aaron also back from injury.. probably correct with 12...he did play 10 all year...but thought he coped well Saturday....Coaches must see something in him. thought 10 was nervous… Let’s hope 15 will be OK.. took a bad knock some weeks ago in Midleton.. is a fine player. Note - Waterpark x 6 players, Dungarvan x 2 .. so 8 reps from Waterford???. Dungarvan/Waterpark had good games this year in the East clubs…stood out in the past 2 years.
    Fair enough on jack
    12 can kick the ball a mile that is the main reason he is in the team, isnt the best if you want to play an expansive game
    All those waterpark players who are in the squad are dual munster champs and are all ireland champs from the previous season. dungarvan had a lot of players in east squad last season with the help of some political decisions by some of the management team, they have some good players but will struggle at 19s level this year
    over half the squad is from east munster, hopefully clubs in the east can do as well as waterpark in the pan munster this season.
    Hopefully the north and south can arrange their leagues soon at 17s/19s level, have heard stories of some clubs struggling to field

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Glandular fever hits different people in different ways, some people get a short sharp dose that hits them really hard, but they recover quicker, while others don't get it so bad but take a lot longer to recover. I know people who suffered for the guts of a year, no energy, tiredness and feeling weak. On the other hand, I got it (long time ago now!) and spent a week in hospital on a drip, lost 2 stone in a week, but was back playing 2 months later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

How likely are any of these lads to make it to Academy level or thereabouts?

How likely are any of these lads to make it to Academy level or thereabouts?
    You would hope 1 or 2 make academy level or be very close with at least another 2 or 3 in and around the sub academy.

The East packed some big punches this year against the North & South especially. Not taking anything away from the west. Waterpark is the only big club in Waterford city. Look at the amount of clubs Cork & Limerick city are dealing with. Not sure if the East Development guys would like the phrase “political decisions by some of the management team”.
    East pack some fine clubs…Thurles/Cashel/Carrick/Waterpark/Kilfeackle/Dungarvan/Nenagh/Clonmel/Clanwilliam/Galbally/Fethard/Waterford City…am I missing anyone?. hard work done by committed people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Hopefully the north and south can arrange their leagues soon at 17s/19s level, have heard stories of some clubs struggling to field

What do you expect after how the Shannon/St. Mary's team was treated last year? There's definitely a perception that North Munster clubs and players aren't as "valued" as those from elsewhere.

OK..point taken my friend. dont know the full story so wont comment. for the youngster sake i hope its a numbers game and not adults dictating proceedings. thank you for the conversation today... best wished to the guys for the next 2 games. at the end of the day... these young men are enjoying the opportunity... and it seem we enjoy watching it :-)

• Advertisement

What do you expect after how the Shannon/St. Mary's team was treated last year? There's definitely a perception that North Munster clubs and players aren't as "valued" as those from elsewhere.
    Rubbish, clubs struggling to field has nothing to do with what happened to shannon-st marys last season. Shannon-st marys had someone in their matchday squad who shouldnt have been there, whether they were told by a committee member it doesnt matter. Move onto this season.

its not true at all saying that north players not being as valued as players from the other regions.
    The north have won the inter regional tournament twice in the last 5 years and had good enough numbers at munster level- not as much as in the past but areas like kerry, south tipp, waterford have had a few more in recent years than they did in the past due to lots of hard work by coaches in those areas as those areas have worked hard to catch up to clubs in the north

Advertisement