Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-01-2020, 13:46   #151
Stigura

Right. Cool! This means we've come to a seamless juncture at which to Halt. Perfect

Ye see; I need another machine? Okay. It'll probably be a week before I can get the hp to Dean O'. Obviously, I'm not gonna dash out, trying to buy one before he's had a fiddle.

And I need to mess with my modem? Again; The gods are smiling! Because, that's Exactly what I'm talking to 3 about! They're sending me a newer version of the one I have!

So, ye see? It's the absolutely Perfect moment to put our tools down. Sigh a deep sigh. And leave the workshop. You can wander off and get on with enjoying what ever it is you enjoy. I can go and start work on finishing a trap which has been the focus of much discussion on DIY.

I get my pension on the 31st. Shall we make that a date, for a little regroup and debrief? I should have the new modem by then. I'll also have a far clearer vision of what I'll be trying next.

Of course, if anything should crop up, before then? I'll hit this thread to recall ye. Right now though? I'm in a cuddly, warm space. Simply looking forward to the day when I can say " I run Linux. " (Tell ye what, John? I'll bet I'll become bloody insufferable! Practically accosting strangers in the street, to ask them why They don't run Linux! )

Weee! See that? I just went from " Lynux " to " Linux ". Must have been driving you spare all this time! I suddenly doubted myself and googled it. It's like a tiny fragment of dyslexia stuck in my brain. Always had it. Get an 'idea' of a word at first glance? Murder to shake it.

Anyway, I'll shut up. It's enthusiasm. I did it on the other place too

A Million 'Thank You's', Johnboy. Enjoy ye Oh so well earned break from me! LOL!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-01-2020, 14:00   #152
Johnboy1951

Just so you know ...... when I refer to other machine I mean HP if it is working.
No point in buying something unnecessarily.

Do keep running that Linux Live USB so you become familiar with it.

If you get the chance please do boot Win in the Acer and then reboot into the liveUSB to see if the internet then works in Linux.
I am interested in that result.
Thanks.
22-01-2020, 18:02   #153
Stigura

John! I'm back ~ On Linux!!!

Sorry I took so long. Spent the afternoon breaking my bits with 3 and my brain over this trap I'm trying to engineer.

Did what ye asked, look. Been sitting here, all day, on doze. Never realised, I must have fired up this morning, trying straight for Linux. (Had I been doing that all along?! Doubt it. But, dunno!)

Anyway, yeah; Rebooted from doze. Chose the Traveler stick I have linux on. Boosh! Here I am

So, there's ye question answered ~ seemingly?
22-01-2020, 18:19   #154
Johnboy1951

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigura View Post
John! I'm back ~ On Linux!!!

Sorry I took so long. Spent the afternoon breaking my bits with 3 and my brain over this trap I'm trying to engineer.

Did what ye asked, look. Been sitting here, all day, on doze. Never realised, I must have fired up this morning, trying straight for Linux. (Had I been doing that all along?! Doubt it. But, dunno!)

Anyway, yeah; Rebooted from doze. Chose the Traveler stick I have linux on. Boosh! Here I am

So, there's ye question answered ~ seemingly?
Yes, answered indeed. Thanks.

For the present use that to get connected in the LiveUSB until something better is sorted.

Boot Win ..... reboot choose USB .... boot into Linux and you should be connected.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion