Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to apply for HAP

• 17-01-2020 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi

I am trying to leave an emotionally abusive relationship with my 2 children. As we will be made homeless I intend to apply for the housing list and hap.

Can anyone advise me on how to do this and how long it would take?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Bodes2224 wrote: »
    Hi

I am trying to leave an emotionally abusive relationship with my 2 children. As we will be made homeless I intend to apply for the housing list and hap.

Can anyone advise me on how to do this and how long it would take?

You have to apply and get onto the housing list before you're eligible for hap.

Visit your city Council website and you can find the housing list application form. Get all the relevant documents together (there's quite a bit but at least once it's done it's done)

Once you're accepted onto the housing list you then look for a property to rent and apply for hap.

You can only be on hap if already on housing list.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Maybe also contact any women's refuges near you as they will have had experience of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bodes2224

Thanks for your replies.

For the documentation would a letter from my job stating that my hours have been reduced and my new wages be ok?

Also I have support from a local womens refuge so I'll ask them for a letter.

Is there anything else I would need?

Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

OP, I see you don't have many responses so I'm moving this thread to state benefits where you might get a better response.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Thanks for your replies.

For the documentation would a letter from my job stating that my hours have been reduced and my new wages be ok?

Also I have support from a local womens refuge so I'll ask them for a letter.

Is there anything else I would need?

Thanks

Is this for the housing list? You need alot more than that for the housing list afaik

Download the housing list application online if possible, I think there may be 5-10 things you need to provide.

The women's refuge may be easier to get into first and then worry about hap later. They can help you gather all the documentation for the housing list.

You need a certificate of income to be completed by your employer and a few other things. Then they need to be signed by revenue and posted back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Saudades

They ask for your most recent few payslips, but if your salary has significantly reduced lately, then yes I would include a statement of earnings letter too.

Advertisement