Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Punchestown Tuesday

• 14-01-2020 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

It looks to be a really decent card tommorow with some excellent chances for favs.

Just the 2 for me though tommorow.

Ashdale bob in the 3.25 for Jessica Harrington and robbie Power is my best bet on the card ( just my opinion) don't hold me to it. I backed this the last day out each way at 7/2 and he finished a close 3 behind eventual winner tiger tap tap who followed up last Thurs at clonmel over further. He ran perfectly well and approaching the turn I was quietly confident but he seemed to get slightly hemmed in and didn't quiet get a proper lash at the eventual winner. He's shortish enough at 6/5 at present but only the mullins horse who flopped last time out seems to be the only danger. Hopefully he'll prevail.

The other horse which I know less about is the Paul Nolan trained fav in the 2.50. He's currently 11/10 but again I think the only danger in the second fav.

Anyways I'll have a smallish double on them both and a small bit bigger bet on Ashland bob.

Only a guide - not an expert by a long way!!

Follow at your own risk!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭gazza1

Witness of Fashion 1.15 must have a chance today with the conditions and in here off bottom weight
    13/2

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Davy heading there for just the one ride in the 3.25...I am on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

unplayable wrote: »
    Davy heading there for just the one ride in the 3.25...I am on

Tell him to head to Fairyhouse instead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

If anyone wants to have laugh check out how badly Beaverstown Beauty just got pulled in Fairyhouse 2.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    If anyone wants to have laugh check out how badly Beaverstown Beauty just got pulled in Fairyhouse 2.50.

Half the field were being messed about in that race.

I love when the jockey gives them a tap, the horse takes off and then the jock nearly sh!ts himself as he was told before "today is NOT the day" :D

• Advertisement

Earendil wrote: »
    Half the field were being messed about in that race.

I love when the jockey gives them a tap, the horse takes off and then the jock nearly sh!ts himself as he was told before "today is NOT the day" :D

This one is particularly hilarious, the horse is on the bit coming around the home bend, absolutely tanking into the lead. The trainer had two winners last week.

The jockey either fell asleep or thought there was another lap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

I took a wild stab at Liz Doyle horse Vaucelet in the next at 50 on the machine. Ran a pretty nice race lto. Has a bit to find with the favorite but I think he will be up to winning a few races at some point. Likely they will be handicaps but worth a small chance today imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

I'm on Rachel Blackmore E/W @16/1 in the 3.25.

Forecast of Ashdale Bob/Blackmore @14s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

3.50 Doncaster, Theflickeringlight. Horse is around 15/8 - 2/1'ish but I have the horse priced up around 4/1 and co fav's of 3. This is a clear lay bet for me. Something a bit more unexposed will win the race. I've went over and over the race and Theflickeringlight will not win today.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

If you think that, id say you should ring the owner and offer €1,500 for her. Would snap your hand off for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Unfortunately I can't find a video of Beeverstown Beauty.

Delayed 6.30 @ Chelmsford, Rosarno, around 2/1 - 9/4'ish. Again a lay bet for me. The horse should be a LOT bigger in price and won't be winning.

Same race, Rinty Maginty, around 4/1 and I'll have a few quid E.W. Terrible race which won't take much winning but not gonna happen for Rosarno as far form goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

SonOfGoat wrote: »
    Delayed 6.30 @ Chelmsford, Rosarno, around 2/1 - 9/4'ish. Again a lay bet for me. The horse should be a LOT bigger in price and won't be winning.

Same race, Rinty Maginty, around 4/1 and I'll have a few quid E.W. Terrible race which won't take much winning but not gonna happen for Rosarno as far form goes.

Rosarnoooooo!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭munster87

10 minutes warning for a change. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Rosarnoooooo!!!!

Terrible race won't take much winning but the favorite has no chance I really hope he's a wum I really do.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭pflanagan132

Dont agree with the Beaverstown Beauty comments. Sounds like people talking through their pockets. I took particular note of the horse throughout the race, because the trainer looked like a man in form. The horse just ran out of steam with a furlong to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Dont agree with the Beaverstown Beauty comments. Sounds like people talking through their pockets. I took particular note of the horse throughout the race, because the trainer looked like a man in form. The horse just ran out of steam with a furlong to go.

Not to mention the fact that the horse has literally no ability.

Delayed 9.10 @ Parx, Flashndynamite, quite short at around 4/5 but word is it will hose up.

I'm done til tomorrow

I wasn't going to, but another whisper for the usa

Usa, 10.05 Turf Paradise, Whirling, around 7/4. Won't be winning, 100% lay bet.

I'm done now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭akelly02

SonOfGoat wrote: »
    I wasn't going to, but another whisper for the usa

Usa, 10.05 Turf Paradise, Whirling, around 7/4. Won't be winning, 100% lay bet.

I'm done now

i hope you are done for good, a lot of people are feeling sorry for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭akelly02

horse emptied to me , not the neatest of jockies either

Advertisement