Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Singles

Carefully Selected any race @ 16/1
    Emitom Stayers @ 33's & 20's
    Lostintranslation Gold Cup @ 25's, 16's and 8s
    Melon Arkle @10s

Multi's

Get in the Queue Supreme -25s
    Lostintranslation Gold Cup 8s

Envoi Allen Ballymore 10's
    Kalashnikov Ryanair 12's
    Lostintranslation Gold Cup. 25's

Clan des Obeaux King George 6's
    Lostintranslation Gold Cup 8's

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

aidankkk wrote: »
    Melon should really go for CH . Not out of the question for him to win it. Willie has loads of options though .

That yolk would finish second in a two horse champion hurdle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

aidankkk wrote: »
    Melon should really go for CH . Not out of the question for him to win it. Willie has loads of options though .

Why the hell go CH when he has failed twice and did better over fences last time out, infact his debut was just a solid display without being hardworked when second to Fakir giving away weight, at 14/1 he is a better price ew in a poor Arkle than a CH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Singles

Carefully Selected any race @ 16/1
    Emitom Stayers @ 33's & 20's
    Lostintranslation Gold Cup @ 25's, 16's and 8s
    Melon Arkle @10s

Multi's

Get in the Queue Supreme -25s
    Lostintranslation Gold Cup 8s

Envoi Allen Ballymore 10's
    Kalashnikov Ryanair 12's
    Lostintranslation Gold Cup. 25's

Clan des Obeaux King George 6's
    Lostintranslation Gold Cup 8's

Sure i read that Get in The Queue is out until after Cheltenham??

Good odds on Envoi though.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

I put the double on early September

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

You’d imagine nrnb for championship races will come this month

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

BumperD wrote: »
    You’d imagine nrnb for championship races will come this month

Did last year. I’ve given up on the AP market. Had Apples jade and Al Dancer last year all over the place at fancy prices and got squarely kicked in the balls by both. The only one (of 20 odd bets) over the last 3 years or so to come up was Labaik (much love Gringo!).

Sh!t. Fanny **** will be after me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Riquelme

Earendil wrote: »
    Did last year. I’ve given up on the AP market. Had Apples jade and Al Dancer last year all over the place at fancy prices and got squarely kicked in the balls by both. The only one (of 20 odd bets) over the last 3 years or so to come up was Labaik (much love Gringo!).

Sh!t. Fanny **** will be after me.

Mon Mome-Leicester City-Labaik-Trump for POTUS quad by the bollocks.

Betfred gone NRNB already btw, I'd assume Paddy/365/Hills will follow suit by the end of the week, once the Christmas/NY races have calmed down a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Paddy will be NRNB by Monday on the 5 big races

Only doing singles till NRNB on all races
    got burned last year with Le Richbourg
    Not letting that happen again

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Santini Gold Cup 12/10s
    Saldier Champion Hurdle 20s
    Champage Classic NH Chase 16/12/10s

are my only AP bets so far. I also had Carefully Selected for the RSA but cashed out as it now seem likely he's going for the NH Chase.
    I do think there's plenty of value to be had in that RSA market though. I can see plenty of horse priced up going elsewhere.

I think there's 3/4 serious plots lined up; I dont think i even need to name them 2 of them they're that obvious! But once the handicap markets are out I'll do my usual and get in at the big prices and watch them all go off 3/1 fav.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

Been told Mullins yard like Rapyapour for the Trimph hurdle 33/1.Rare Aga Khan horse going hurdling.Mullins poor record in that race would be a negative.Thoughts?
    https://twitter.com/tayz2017/status/1212352921750376448?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭supremenovice

What are the thoughts on the Champion Chase?
    Too much negativity surrounding Altior for me. I dont like Defi du Seuils bare win against an aging Un de Sceaux either. Plentyof doubts about the rest too. I'd be happy to go with Min to finally get a Festival W on the board. 12s is a nice price.

Been told Mullins yard like Rapyapour for the Trimph hurdle 33/1.Rare Aga Khan horse going hurdling.Mullins poor record in that race would be a negative.Thoughts?
    https://twitter.com/tayz2017/status/1212352921750376448?s=20

He only arrived in Closutton in November so that's probably why he wasn't seen over Xmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Riquelme

Hard to tell tbh. I look at the market leaders and a lot of them I think could end up in the Ryanair

I think Min's trip now is 2 and a half and I think A Plus Tard will follow suit. You can have Min @55s for a small chunk of change on the Exchange btw, which basically tells you he's running in the Ryanair.

Defi Du Seuil has almost been forced into running in the Queen Mother, the Clarence House Chase will decide a lot, obviously he would appear to be the biggest threat. Regardless, whoever wins that you'd imagine their price will be awful for the CC and you'd nearly back the loser blind based off price compression.

Altior is Altior and nobody climbs the Cheltenham hill like him but I'd be willing to take him on, especially if he wins the Clarence. Chacun Pour Soi losing really annoyed me but I am going to retain faith in him. Cilaos Emery isn't the most sturdy but he continues to impress me as a chaser and I think he would have pissed the Arkle had he lined up. Douvan's continuing stop-start momentum with injuries would be enough for me to put a line through him. Dynamite Dollars hasn't been seen in a while but at the price he's one I like. Le Richebourg is another in that boat.

Cilaos Emery is my main bet. I'd fire on Chacun if he drifts a bit. Dynamite Dollars and Le Richebourg as AP Hail Mary's now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Where do ye think Fakir D’oudairies ends up?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Would have to think fakir is Arkle bound

The negativity around Defi baffles me..... What do people want him to do?
    I'd say he is one of the best horses in training and will win many many more grade 1s over either trip

A class act. Wins the CC
    Current price of 4s will seem huge
    Chacun all hype Defi all substance

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

No chance Min goes CC. I think he looks a near good thing in the Ryanair truth be told.

Think Defi will struggle over the 2m, think he would win Ryan air, really like cilaos emery in Cc

Footpad wins Ryanair
    Defi wins CC

If they both get there

• Advertisement

stretchaq wrote: »
    Think Defi will struggle over the 2m, think he would win Ryan air, really like cilaos emery in Cc

What???!!!
    Struggle over 2m.....

Lads above

Yes struggle!!! Simple really barely beat a 12 year old UDS will get outpaced

Slattsy wrote: »
    No chance Min goes CC. I think he looks a near good thing in the Ryanair truth be told.

Agree about min, unless Defi goes Ryanair

Footpad still holding onto his most over rated horse in training award.

lemush wrote: »

Cannot have him either he’s more miss than hit / as predictable as the wife’s mood

lemush wrote: »
    The Jesse Lingard of jump racing

Slattsy wrote: »

Agreed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I think Defi Du Seuil is a good thing wherever he goes. Hobbs is very good at minding top horses. The fact remains he has now won several grade 1's and has form lines through a lot of top horses. He keeps turning up and he keeps winning.

Is Le Richebourg back this year and is he as good as he was? This decides on where Defi Du Deuil Runs. I would say without Richebourg he will go for the Queen Mother and I am backing him wherever he goes, he looks hardy by all accounts.

Names Taken and asses kicked in the last 2 years include...

Un De Sceux, Waiting Patiently, Politilogue, Sceua Royal, Janika , Lost in Translation ( twice bitches ) , Reel steel , Vinndication ,Top of the Game , etc etc.

I don't know what the problem is, he will be around 4's or 7/2 where ever he goes. Good luck everyone.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I think Defi Du Seuil is a good thing wherever he goes. Hobbs is very good at minding top horses. The fact remains he has now won several grade 1's and has form lines through a lot of top horses. He keeps turning up and he keeps winning.

Is Le Richebourg back this year and is he as good as he was? This decides on where Defi Du Deuil Runs. I would say without Richebourg he will go for the Queen Mother and I am backing him wherever he goes, he looks hardy by all accounts.

Names Taken and asses kicked in the last 2 years include...

Un De Sceux, Waiting Patiently, Politilogue, Sceua Royal, Janika , Lost in Translation ( twice bitches ) , Reel steel , Vinndication ,Top of the Game , etc etc.

I don't know what the problem is, he will be around 4's or 7/2 where ever he goes. Good luck everyone.

100% This
    Don't understand the negativity atall
    Has been the best and most consistent performer over fences for well over a year now, beating every horse he comes up against.
    Where he runs, he wins.

If Defi and Paisley both get to the festival, the double is the bet of the week

• Advertisement

The only banker I can see is Paisley Park, I wouldn't even say Altior is a good thing.Very open looking festival.

Advertisement