Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No Body Recovered – BBC podcast on 1977 disappearance of Mary Boyle

• 28-11-2019 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

There has been the odd documentary or article throughout the years but I was still surprised to see the BBC pick up the story. It's tough to sit through at times but worth listening to particularly if you're not familiar with the case.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07vf9qr/episodes/downloads

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Very surprised that this podcast didn't get any coverage, or mention on the usual shows.

But then I guess it's consistent with the general burying of the story here.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭dog_pig

Very surprised that this podcast didn't get any coverage, or mention on the usual shows.

But then I guess it's consistent with the general burying of the story here.

The lack of coverage or discussion does seem unusual. Have you listened to the podcast?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

I thought it was an excellent production. Hearing from Mary's mother and sister and how they haven't talked in years over the case was sad. I think Mary's sister and many others believe it was a close friend/relation that did it and Mary's mother cannot accept it without firm evidance or proof. Sad story. Probably never be proved buts who knows?

Advertisement