Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Competition Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Just worried what my local postie would deliver if I said I use it.

It's sent in discrete packaging :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭DebJZ

https://supervalu.ie/real-people/competitions/ferrero
    Did this work for anyone? I just get failed to send.
    Just wondering if I'm blocked or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

It's not freetext, costs a small amount. Might be blocked on your phone/plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭MsStote

Kikkoman chopper is only available to the UK:

Many thanks for getting in touch. We apologise that the T’s & C’s had been missed off and has now been added. Unfortunately this competition is open to the UK only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

DebJZ wrote: »
    https://supervalu.ie/real-people/competitions/ferrero
    Did this work for anyone? I just get failed to send.
    Just wondering if I'm blocked or something.

It worked fine for me. It costs either 7 or 9c I can't remember which

• Advertisement

Kittykat67 wrote: »
    It worked fine for me. It costs either 7 or 9c I can't remember which

Okay. That's a strange one. :confused:
    I do a lot of these texts comps as my husband won a €500 One4all last year, so I know it's possible.
    This is the only one that hasn't worked for me.

DebJZ wrote: »
    Okay. That's a strange one. :confused:
    I do a lot of these texts comps as my husband won a €500 One4all last year, so I know it's possible.
    This is the only one that hasn't worked for me.

Usually the text ones are free though, this one has a charge. Are you on a bundle that includes texts it won't be included I'd imagine so u would need credit. If ur bill pay it should have worked

MsStote wrote: »
    Kikkoman chopper is only available to the UK:

Many thanks for getting in touch. We apologise that the T’s & C’s had been missed off and has now been added. Unfortunately this competition is open to the UK only.
    They used to be Ireland too, I've entered before

Usually the text ones are free though, this one has a charge. Are you on a bundle that includes texts it won't be included I'd imagine so u would need credit. If ur bill pay it should have worked
    No, I have credit alright. Dunno what it could be. Maybe I'm blocked. :rolleyes:

Edit: I think it might be the Tesco network. I tried it on another Tesco phone and it didn't work, but it did work on a phone with Vodafone.

They used to be Ireland too, I've entered before

Aye but they official Public Relations on behalf of Kikkoman UK says not this time. They also added the terms to the page. I emailed and asked if I can use a postal address in the UK though just to see. No harm like.

• Advertisement

So seconds after I post I get a reply email lol:

Yes, if we are able to post the prize to a UK address that would be fine – just make sure that you enter a UK postcode when you enter.

No plans to extend the competitions to Ireland at the moment, although this might be something we can look into in the future. The Kikkoman.eu website occasionally do competitions which are open to all of Europe.

So from that I would assume if you want to use addresspal then use the postcode: AL10 9WN (Everyone had the same one for hatfield addresspal yeah?)

www.instagram.com/kikkoman_europe/

They have a lunch bag giveaway that ended yesterday but hey keep an eye out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭Gormal

Some of the UK ones won't be open to us anymore thanks to Brexit. So double check the regular ones T&Cs. Same for Advents, and some have the cheek to call themselves UK & Ireland pphhhffft!

I don't know if I'm coming or going, or what day it is...lol

Gormal wrote: »
    Some of the UK ones won't be open to us anymore thanks to Brexit. So double check the regular ones T&Cs. Same for Advents, and some have the cheek to call themselves UK & Ireland pphhhffft!

I don't know if I'm coming or going, or what day it is...lol

How would brexit affect it? Addresspal will still be there though?
    Why would they still not post competitions for both countries?

Personally I wish they would use the distinction between ROI and NI

Imagine winning a 1000 pound prize then you're stung for customs and duty...

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RJ12345 wrote: »
    Did anyone else win the M&Ms One4All voucher a few weeks ago and have you received it if so? I haven’t received mine and I’m not sure what to do.

My uncle didn't receive yet, he is hoping it would come before Christmas to use

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Abridgett

Finally won the GIFT competition on the last day.
    Also today the Chadwicks Dulux room makeover competition. Thanks Gormal.

Abridgett wrote: »
    Finally won the GIFT competition on the last day.
    Also today the Chadwicks Dulux room makeover competition. Thanks Gormal.

Gonna need pics

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭magicray

I also won the gift comp on the last day, I got a text though not a phone call
    I had given up hope
    Opted for a netflix voucher :) it comes by email so you only have to pay the admin fee - no delivery charge

magicray wrote: »
    I also won the gift comp on the last day, I got a text though not a phone call
    I had given up hope
    Opted for a netflix voucher :) it comes by email so you only have to pay the admin fee - no delivery charge
    The Dunnes voucher was the same just admin fee but they post out a gift card

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Penney’s too, but they emailed the voucher

• Advertisement

I tried the dunnes one but they wanted €3.50 delivery on top of the admin fee
    Wonder did I tick a wrong box somewhere

That is strange I got the Dunnes voucher as did my friend and it was only 2.49

I just checked there and I see they are charging delivery now, it wasn't like that when I ordered. Maybe too many people were ordering the dunnes one

I just checked there and I see they are charging delivery now, it wasn't like that when I ordered. Maybe too many people were ordering the dunnes one

Probably saw another way to make a few €€s, I'm happy with the Netflix voucher we watch it already

For anyone using gift house I think vouchers that aren't labelled as e-gift vouchers incur a delivery charge. Both the delivery charge and service charge aren't available until you go to checkout which I think is quite disingenuous. They mention a request at point of purchase as whether it goes via email or post but I didn't get an option.

Can I recommend for people buying toys, the Smyths voucher is an e-voucher too. Arrived within 13 hours of my order so I ordered something click and collect. It was ready for collection 30 minutes after my order. There's a service charge on the gift house checkout for it, as with all orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Stephykavanagh

ZombieMed wrote: »
    For anyone using gift house I think vouchers that aren't labelled as e-gift vouchers incur a delivery charge. Both the delivery charge and service charge aren't available until you go to checkout which I think is quite disingenuous. They mention a request at point of purchase as whether it goes via email or post but I didn't get an option.

Can I recommend for people buying toys, the Smyths voucher is an e-voucher too. Arrived within 13 hours of my order so I ordered something click and collect. It was ready for collection 30 minutes after my order. There's a service charge on the gift house checkout for it, as with all orders.

Is this the one that Vodafone are giving out?

Is this the one that Vodafone are giving out?

Sorry Stephy, it's a voucher on the GiftHouse site, for those of us winning the Coca-Cola Gift text comp. I don't know what Vodafone's prize is.

Sorry Stephy, it's a voucher on the GiftHouse site, for those of us winning the Coca-Cola Gift text comp. I don't know what Vodafone's prize is.

Ah ok. I got a €10 one from the Vodafone scratch, but it seems it can only be used by ringing them off travel services and not off anything on their website.

Hate when a prize is useless:( Hold onto it for a while (check use by date) - we might find a few swaps will be available at the end of Advent.

• Advertisement

Hate when a prize is useless:( Hold onto it for a while (check use by date) - we might find a few swaps will be available at the end of Advent.

If anyone would like it feel free to message me. Can't see myself booking any holidays any time soon

Advertisement