Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mackerel 2019

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

I know it's well past summer, but are there any mackerel still around in December?

Has anyone had any success from shore this late in the year?

The only place to get mackerel from the shore this time of year is in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭haybob

I hitting the coast shortly on my own mind just to do something

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

haybob wrote: »
    Let us know how you fare!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

haybob wrote: »

Hope you get a couple I'm going insane stuck indoors. The mackerel fight great for their size if you use light lures and gear down!

You would struggle to catch mackerel this early it was pollock I was looking for but no dice

Grand to get out

• Advertisement

davycc wrote: »
    Hope you get a couple I'm going insane stuck indoors. The mackerel fight great for their size if you use light lures and gear down!

I'm gone mad for light gear early in the year I was only spinning today

Got a couple of good size pollock last evening

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭nokiatom

too early and too cold for mackerel and they wouldnt taste good as they are spent

Got a couple of nice pollock on plastic yesterday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Went to Howth for a couple of hours today after high tide. I blanked not cool..didn't see anyone else beside me on the pier get any mackerel either

• Advertisement
Advertisement