Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 French Open

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I wouldnt be so harsh on Azarenka there. Osaka really stepped it up that third set, serve went up a gear and nothing much Vika could do about that. Only quibble for Osaka at 5-1 and 30-0 she had a simple cross court shot for 40-0 and 3 mps, but goes straight down line where Vika is standing instead, loses point, gets broken and 15 minutes later when she should be starting her press conference she's still battling to close out the match. For her sake, i'd want a couple of handy matches now, hard to keep battling like that all the way to the title.

Loved the interview with Ashleigh Barty today, future No.1 material in my humble estimation. Playing my old favourite Petkovic in next round and doubt will have much trouble. Will keep backing her for a slam until she wins one!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

Verdasco gone to Hoang, Schwartzman gone to Mayer, and Simon gone to Caruso. Nice upsets.

Caroline Garcia, Sakkari and Muchova all gone as upsets on the women's draw. Nice day today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Federer putting on an exhibition here. Won 9 games on the trot and leads 2 - 0.

Floppybits wrote: »
    Federer putting on an exhibition here. Won 9 games on the trot and leads 2 - 0.

This set has been great. Nishi in a fight

Nadal looking really good here. Hate saying jt

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Nishikori survives. Djere had two breaks in that final set.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,623 ✭✭✭✭josip

Nadal looking really good here. Hate saying jt

He was looking very good in Australia too.

Goffin serving for the set

Well there goes the Nadal to win the FO without dropping a set bet.

I always wonder does Nadal juice.

• Advertisement

5 double faults for Nadal so far. Would that be on the high side for him?

josip wrote: »
    5 double faults for Nadal so far. Would that be on the high side for him?

Not really It's average 3 to 6 is his usual

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

Stick the bet on djkovic

I can't remember the last time he lost a Set in a grand slam., and neither does he probably. The only person that could win a set off him is Nadal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

Stick the bet on djkovic

I can't remember the last time he lost a Set in a grand slam., and neither does he probably. The only person that could win a set off him in this tournament, is Nadal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Good match here between Wawrinka and Dimitrov.

Wawrinka takes the second set.

Light is fading, they might call it a day.

mzungu wrote: »
    Wawrinka takes the second set.

Light is fading, they might call it a day.

Yes will be called now in next 10 mins

Tsitsipas and Krajinovic playing in the dark more or less.

Some great shots from both men all the same.

Osaka in trouble against Siniakova

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Oh dear. I wasn't surprised to see Osaka lose a set but didn't see her losing the match. Opens the door for Keys or Serena to get to the SF now, or maybe even Barty?

Looking at the draw, I think it's probable the winner of the Stephens-Muguruza match is the finalist from the bottom half, or perhaps even the champion. Although going on recent form it may even be Konta?

Oh dear. I wasn't surprised to see Osaka lose a set but didn't see her losing the match. Opens the door for Keys or Serena to get to the SF now, or maybe even Barty?

Looking at the draw, I think it's probable the winner of the Stephens-Muguruza match is the finalist from the bottom half, or perhaps even the champion. Although going on recent form it may even be Konta?

I backed Muguruza to win it last night

Struff and Coric is quite tense

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Not surprised that Osaka was beaten. She was lucky in the previous rounds.

Think Muguruza has a good chance now.

Monfils marching on. He played pretty well.

Monfils marching on. He played pretty well.

Del potro is looking brilliant, Nole looking unreal too

Del potro is looking brilliant, Nole looking unreal too

I would like to see him get another slam before he retires.

I would like to see him get another slam before he retires.

Yeah him and Stan are my favs

Serena lost the first set and is now serving at 5-5 in the second. Possible shock result on the cards here? Kenin is playing some lovely tennis.

• Advertisement

Kenin breaks and is to serve for the match.

Advertisement