Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

new Irish podcast

• 26-02-2015 5:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭

I'm launching a new podcast on the topic of Irish politics, available at HeresHow.ie

It will be a phone-in show, done in slow motion. The idea is to have reasoned debate, not shouty rows. You can ring 076 603 5060 (from the North or outside Ireland +353 76 603 5060) and leave a message on the voicemail system, to be included in the next show.

There are tips on the website on how to leave a good contribution. I will play and discuss your contribution if appropriate, and play reactions in later shows. The idea is to work up to a 45-minute weekly podcast, free to download.

This depends on people calling in to make it a success, so I would ask you to do that, as well as share it on Facebook, Twitter (links on the website) and with the crowd down the pub (links down the pub).

Obviously I have my own political opinions, but I would most welcome people giving reasoned arguments from other points of views - I will try to represent all sides fairly.

It's available on Stitcher, Tunein, iTunes and pretty much any other podcast app or programme.

If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, please post them!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭GJG

Episode 2 is now in production, but you can still ring 076 603 5060 to record a your views for the show, or check out HeresHow.ie/call for details on how best to call.

Episode Two of the podcast online this morning!

blog.hereshow.ie/2015/03/heres-how-podcast-episode-two

Episode Seven of the Here's How podcast up now, with full coverage of the Catherine Murphy / Denis O'Brien / IBRC loans story.

hereshow.ie

Episode 10 (!) of the podcast is up here now, including interview with an anti-bailout German MP, among others.

Episode 23 of the podcast is up online now, talking about floods, insurance and planning corruption, and the connections between the three.

Here's How 23 - Floods, Insurance and Corruption

All feedback welcome

• Advertisement

Gaye Dalton is a former sex worker who is highly critical of the coming change in the prostitution law to criminalise the purchase of sex. She talks about her life and often difficult experiences on the latest edition of the Here’s How podcast, available for free download here:

Here's How – Here’s How 24 – Gaye Dalton, former Sex Worker

Episode 26, discussing the potential effects of Minimum Unit Pricing of alcohol is up online now:

Here's How 25 - Conor Cullen of Alcohol Action Ireland

New episode of the podcast, with an interview with journalist Gemma O'Doherty about the unsolved murders of Fr Niall Molloy and Mary Boyle:

http://blog.hereshow.ie/2016/05/heres-how-36-gemma-odoherty-and-unsolved-murders/

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]New Episode up online now, featuring a speaker from the Dublin Tenant's Association on the problems and solutions for Dublin renters.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]http://blog.hereshow.ie/2016/06/heres-how-40-mick-byrne-of-the-dublin-tenants-association/13308733_1561059700861770_5861431847836549821_o.jpg[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Major interview with News Editor & Planner for RT , Donal Byrne. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]He answers challenges on RT 's coverage of garda-related issues, particularly labelling people as 'known to garda ', Paul Reynold's reporting, non-coverage of Gemma O'Doherty and more.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Click here to listen and subscribe:[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Here's How Here s How 41 Donal Byrne of RT [/font]

• Advertisement

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]The claims of R.E.G.R.E.T, the anti-Gardasil vaccine group are[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif] examined in the latest Episode of the Here's How podcast.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Here's How Here s How 49 Dr Brenda Corcoran of the HSE & R.E.G.R.E.T. s Claims[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Ct1EZ4zW8AAUkzJ.jpg[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Public health consultant Brenda Corcoran is asked Are girls going to die of cancer because they are being scared off the vaccine?"[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]She answers [/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Yes[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif] .[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Giving this a bump because this podcast has been consistently brilliant for some time now. The presenter is not afraid to take on anyone of any political persuasion, perfectly summed up by the last couple of podcasts where in the latest he obliterates a ring wing chancer and in the one before that he tackles Paul Murphy on some of his more wacky ideas. Brilliant stuff, well worth a listen

Edit, the podcast is called 'Here's How' by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Genghis

Changed podcast platform and somehow forgot about this; always enjoyed it in the past, thanks for the reminder!

Just listened to the excellent episode with John McGuirk.

I subscribe to The Right Side (part of Gript) as it presents a merited counter spin to the rest of Irish media, but as I've mentioned on the forum often the lads let themselves down with base / juvenile comment.

I am not as familiar with the Gript news site, but found it interesting that apparently it too is prone to some ill judged content.

Based on the episode, William certainly did a great job exposing some fairly loose editorial standards over there, the robust and direct exchanges were very entertaining.

Am sure Gript will survive, and you never know, even tighten up some of their standards. I think we need alternative outlets so I'd like Gript to succeed.

Must listen now to the Paul Murphy one. As a daily cyclist I've also downloaded the preceding episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Never heard of Gript. Visited. Will not be visiting again.

Advertisement