Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management Company Removed Bike

• 04-06-2015 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

The apartment I live in has an underground car park with a section for bikes. Recently the management company sent a letter to all tenants saying a yellow sticker would be put on all old bikes and if this wasn't removed the bike would be taken away and considered abandoned. All fair enough. The stickers appeared on the 18th saying they would be removed on the 16th, this itself was strange (as it was -2 days notice) but neither mine nor my GFs bikes had stickers because they were clearly in use daily. Anyway, having not cycled for a few days cause of the terrible weather, we come back and find the management have removed her bike by cutting the wheel and leaving the lock there. Obviously we're furious about it but have stayed calm and emailed the management company asking them to return the bike. I followed up with a phone call yesterday and they told me they'd come back to me this morning at some point. They haven't and I get the feeling they're not taking the situation very seriously. We rent the apartment and obviously don't have a vote when it comes to management companies. Can anyone advise what the best way of getting the bike back and (probably) repaired is? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭whippet

report the bike stolen

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

You need to contact your landlord and get him/her to escalate to the management company.

Mistakes do happen, but they should remedy it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It's criminal damage, contact the guards and report them stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'll give them a couple of days more to sort it out before I escalate it. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat though, there were high end Giant and Trek bikes missing that are usually there in the evenings and mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

I have some sympathy for a management company wanting to remove bikes from the shed. Ours is full of bikes that have early been abandoned when people have moved out, and there is barely a free rack as a result. A proposal will be in front of the next mgt co meeting to remove them,

But your management co have clearly completely ballsed up the process

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭Sarn

That's bad form from the management company. What would have happened if you were on holidays? There should have been a few weeks notice regarding the removal. In addition, it wouldn't take much for someone to swap the stickers around 'for a laugh'. A tag or something similar would avoid the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭mvt

Not to be pedantic but it was the MA on behalf of the the MC who would have been responsible for this.

By law, they are supposed to store them for one year before the bikes can be disposed of.

Hope it works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

mvt wrote: »
    Not to be pedantic but it was the MA on behalf of the the MC who would have been responsible for this.

By law, they are supposed to store them for one year before the bikes can be disposed of.

Hope it works out for you.

Yes so the OMC or the Directors thereof instructed the MA to remove the bikes.

care to point us in the direction of this "law" you mention?

Advertisement