Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fairview 4-bed soon for rent

• 04-09-2001 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

NB this house won't be avail for a couple of months if at all...

House is located at the city end of Fairview (15min walk from OConnell Street or 30 mins stagger depending on your frame of mind wink.gif )

Four single bedrooms (one slighty larger than the rest and one box room). Bathroom/loo upstairs. Fully equiped kitchen. Downstairs loo. Living room. Back Yard(no garden).

NTL line in living room, kitchen and one of the bedrooms. ISDN line.

Basically the owner is looking to trade up and we were talking last night about whether or not he should sell this house or just rent.

Rent for the house would be £1200pm (£300 per room). I know the bloke and if he doesn't sell he'd be keen to get 4 *reliable* *clean* IT or other career folk in for the long-term (ie he's not gonna screw you next year and reef up the rent). If he could rent and have a hassle-free life with the tenants I reckon he'd extend them the same courtesy (security of tenure and rent).

So basically I suggested popping the info up here and seeing what the interest is like.

Could be an ideal lan-house? I dunno but surely there's demand for a decent house/landlord combo out there?

Thoughts/comments most welcome smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

If he was going to sell the place what kind of price range are you talking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dogberry

definitely interested, mail me on dog@arknine.com to follow up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    If he was going to sell the place what kind of price range are you talking?</font>

235k plus(per recent valuation). The debate we had was based around the fact that the house is Victorian (and as they say they aren't building any more period houses wink.gif ), the IFSC/docklands and north inner-city will be subject to a lot of grants/investment/development during the next 5-10 years and hence regardless of the downturn in the economy the value will undoubtably outstrip the national or dublin rates.

I was leaning towards selling up and putting the money towards the new house. He likes the 'relatively' hassle free side of that but reckons that by renting he could cover the mortgage on it and *maybe* even contribute some towards the new one.

O.K. so it makes for tougher going in the short term but makes sense over the longer stretch.

There's no urgency on the decision since the vendors of the property he's interested in are still making up their minds if they even want to sell (long story) but it's good to have as much info as possible before making these kind of decisions.

As soon as I know any more I'll post it here but welcome comments/opinions as well as interest from prospective tenants.

[This message has been edited by Bluehair (edited 05-09-2001).]

Advertisement