Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***** Motors chat - round 12 *****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

16 HP and below.

82537626_2943676062329371_6752887486483005440_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ohc=ZfypQCpkJAcAX-9zO3z&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=6f2426baad43f85e786dd33c8c459cd1&oe=5ED6A5DF

• Registered Users Posts: 12,092 ✭✭✭✭blade1

For anyone going for a main dealer service this is what €520 gets you.

They went with 0W20 this time.
    Last time it was 5W35.

Think I'll be doing my own from now on but I'd like to still get the hybrid check so hopefully I can get someone to do that on its own.

IMG-20200125-133234-01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

blade1 wrote: »
    For anyone going for a main dealer service this is what €520 gets you.

They went with 0W20 this time.
    Last time it was 5W35.

Think I'll be doing my own from now on but I'd like to still get the hybrid check so hopefully I can get someone to do that on its own.

IMG-20200125-133234-01.jpg

When does your hybrid warranty run out? Herself's toyota is pasts its 3 years warranty now. Not sure if i can just service it from now on... It still has the hybrid warranty. Must look into it.

Interslice wrote: »
    When does your hybrid warranty run out? Herself's toyota is pasts its 3 years warranty now. Not sure if i can just service it from now on... It still has the hybrid warranty. Must look into it.

There's a 5 year guarantee on the hybrid system (on this car anyway)when the car is new.
    Not sure of the smaller print on that though.

When you get it serviced at lexus, a hybrid health check is thrown in for "free".
    It is then guaranteed for 1 year or 15000km.
    Only on cars up to 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

16 HP and below.

[IMG][/img]

I printed one of them out for the car window :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I dont think €520 is top bad for a proper full service (oil, air, pollen and plugs), brake fluid change and diff oil change? Are you sure it was 5w35 oil the last time, I've never heard that before, most Toyota hybrid stuff like you have there is 0w20.

I dont think €520 is top bad for a proper full service (oil, air, pollen and plugs), brake fluid change and diff oil change? Are you sure it was 5w35 oil the last time, I've never heard that before, most Toyota hybrid stuff like you have there is 0w20.
    Certain it was 5W35.
    Got the recall work done as well so that was handy.
    Next one is just an oil change I think which was €240 last time so probably more next year.
    That's worse than paying 520 for a proper full service.

There's a 5 year guarantee on the hybrid system (on this car anyway)when the car is new.
    Not sure of the smaller print on that though.

When you get it serviced at lexus, a hybrid health check is thrown in for "free".
    It is then guaranteed for 1 year or 15000km.
    Only on cars up to 10 years.

I think it's 5 years aswell. We got the last free service done before christmas. They dont tell you what they've been doing. 28k km on it now so im guessing just changing the oil and a 'health check'. I'm sure there will be an bluetooth app job out for that out eventually.

Also, get my car serviced at lexus and now keep getting ads on boards about lexus! :rolleyes:

Screenshot-20200126-104551.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Also, get my car serviced at lexus and now keep getting ads on boards about lexus! :rolleyes:

Screenshot-20200126-104551.jpg

That's actually a boards thing as I got the same add.

So it's not connected to your service.

• Advertisement

Ye has the same add myself

QloQzfll.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Surely if the word Lexus is in the thread then ads for Lexus will come up as Lexus gets mentioned when people say Lexus. Cough Lexus.

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Surely if the word Lexus is in the thread then ads for Lexus will come up as Lexus gets mentioned when people say Lexus. Cough Lexus.

Dildos...

edit: doesn't work. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just saw that!

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Just saw that!

Yeah, you need to focus! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,358 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yeah, you need to focus! :D

It's difficult with such a great stereo.
    Everyone is following me.

Passed the EnCiTi retest today, came out to a nice round mileage too.

20200127-182201.jpg

Golf, it's been good! 15 months, 38k kms, 2 services, four tyres, front pads and discs and a set of wipers and most importantly, no unexpected surprises.

Will actually be sorry to see it go and I never thought that'd be the case. I think you form a bond with a reliable slightly older car, you end up with a sort of trust between you or something, it's hard to explain. I'll probably get over it very quick though when my wallet bonds with the money :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Anything in mind for its replacement?

I think he mentioned he is getting a company car. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he said that.

Also sorry about replying to a question that wasn't asked to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

My Golf has pretty much every extra I could want and it had a few extras I never had on a car before some I actually found a bit underwhelming. Pan roof nice in warm weather but kind of useless for the whole of the winter although I do see some people with them tilted open in winter. Front parking sensors meh not that useful. Adaptive cruise control just a worse version of normal cruise control I don't like it at all. Apple car play actually never use it and always wanted it.

But there is one thing I have become seriously dependant on especially all winter heated seats :) God they are the best thing ever. On cold mornings I drive along wondering how I survived so long without them :pac:

Also I am surprised how handy the reversing camera is really shows a clear image of exactly what's behind you. Before getting it I would off said rear sensors were more than adequate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

CIP4 wrote:
    But there is one thing I have become seriously dependant on especially all winter heated seats God they are the best thing ever. On cold mornings I drive along wondering how I survived so long without them

My favourite is a heated steering wheel to go with the seats of course

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Yes I have heard about them. I wouldn't be at that level of car I will get there some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I think he mentioned he is getting a company car. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he said that.

Also sorry about replying to a question that wasn't asked to me.

That’s right, I remember now.

TFB hopefully you can make a bit of room for a nice 90s Toyota on the side!

Yeah, living the demo life now :pac:

Sounds ridiculous now but I remember buying the Golf and it being my first real stab at owning a European car which was interesting and also a curiosity of mine around the whole EA189 emissions update which was still had some traction the time. I suppose it helped that I worked for the brand, that gave me confidence to not worry about what could happen but luckily I never needed any help.

I think it's a good example of how even a modestly maintained example can be a good car and perhaps even why they command a slight premium as a used car. I've slightly overshot each service interval but despite that and despite all the bad press that engine gets, it hasn't skipped a beat. Runs very well, averages 5.0 l/100km with no effort and hasn't needed any remedial work at all.

8/10 would recommend. Would probably give it a 9/10 if it had bigger alloys and buttons on the steering wheel!

Would like an older VAG product to flute around with now tbh, like a Lupo/ Arosa, or a 6n Polo. Might treat myself into the summer months.

Finally something I actually had in a car due to also buying older cars. I had a heated steering wheel in my e39 and also cruise control in same car.

I'd put cruise control at a higher priority than a heated steering wheel tbh.

Cruise control is great though that car was the first and only car I owned that had it and it is great to relax the feet while driving on a motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

CIP4 wrote: »
    Yes I have heard about them. I wouldn't be at that level of car I will get there some day.

The level of a Kia ?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭geminiman63

you don't have to go too high a level, I have them in a 2015 opel corsa,
    heated seats and steering wheel are truly a godsend as I approach 60 :eek:

Adaptive cruise control just a worse version of normal cruise control I don't li

Is yours manual or dsg? I find ACC great with dsg I use it a lot. That and DLA are the two options i would say are must haves on the next car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Really miss mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Pops_20

That’s right, I remember now.

TFB hopefully you can make a bit of room for a nice 90s Toyota on the side!

Time to bring back the Glanza! Btw do you still have that car TFB?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement