Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Opinions about buying in Portlaoise

• 24-01-2020 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hello everyone

Myself and wifey have been searching for a new build development and considering portlaoise...There is a new build coming up and I will like to tap from your individual wealth of experience by providing answers to my queries

1. What do you guys think of the heathfields and dun masc , kilminchy estates ( anti-social behaviour, community spirit, infrastructure etc) as the new development is bounded by these estates

2. What are the good schools ( EECE, primary, secondary) around this neighborhood?

3. Aside the general build quality, what else do you think we should look out for when choosing the house
    position on the site plan?( corner house etc)

4. We understand we will need to commute about 1 hour each way as we both work in rathfarnham ( resumes work by 8a.m?, what time do you think it's good to start the commute?

5. Any other idea or tip that can help us will be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭elizunia87

My Husband and I were considering to buy a lovely house in Portlaoise. Good prices, seems to be quiet and it is nice but in the end we decided to buy in Dublin. Thanks God as daily commuting would kill us.
    We picked smaller house but in walking distance to town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭bikeman1

arelyn wrote: »

4. We understand we will need to commute about 1 hour each way as we both work in rathfarnham ( resumes work by 8a.m?, what time do you think it's good to start the commute?

I would add 1 hour to your 1 hour estimate to get into Rathfarnham. I would also suggest driving to Portlaoise immediately from work on a bad winters night. You will soon find that that drive is a nightmare, even though there is the motorway.

Many do it, but beware of the toll it takes on your life and wallet (car maint, fuel etc.).

Advertisement