Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying from Chicwish

• 04-01-2020 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

Has anyone bought from the website Chicwish?
    They seem to have some lovely stuff but I think it's shipped from U.S so I'm afraid of customs charges.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Never bought from them myself, but everything ships from China, hence the low price points.

If you look at TrustPilot, the real reviews there are fairly dire.
    These big Chinese sites often employ people to leave fake positive reviews online, so they are not really trustworthy imo. Take note of the negative ones, which seem to be the most legitimate: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/chicwish.com

Deliveries take weeks/months to arrive (if they arrive at all) and there is no customer service to speak of, if something goes wrong, so the likelihood of getting a refund is very low.

I'm sure somebody out there has had a good experience, but the sort of feedback you see online is very negative generally, always put me off.

Generally speaking if prices online seem too good to be true, they generally are...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I’d ordinarily rule out Chinese websites immediately but I’m still on the fence about chicwish. The price point is not particularly low - certainly compared to many of the Chinese Knock-out-off sites - and a lot of the clothes look really nice. I like how they style them in the ads so you can buy the whole look.

But I’m still deeply suspicious, so haven’t actually taken the plunge yet. I posted here a while back on the same subject but got no replies. I’d love to know from people I could verify to some degree what their experience was!

Advertisement