Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Monday

• 20-01-2020 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,373 ✭✭✭✭

6:25 - not hugely convinced that the current favourite Snow Ocean will be able to make the step up in trip here, so have went with the old reliable Fire Fighting. While he isn't getting younger, he is dropping in class and has proven AW form over the distance. Last few runs have been brutal, but am hopeful it can do a bit better today against the weaker opposition. 5/1 win.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

My only bet of the day is in the two horse race and Black Abbey at Newcastle 1.30, doubled with Aye Right in the 2.00 at Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

My only bet of the day is in the two horse race and Black Abbey at Newcastle 1.30, doubled with Aye Right in the 2.00 at Newcastle.

In as far as I have any hard and fast policies I tend to go for the outsider in a 3 horse race and the favourite in 2 horse races so will go with Mulcahys hill in the Newcastle 2.00.

Well my policy worked in so far as the fav won. Problem was that the horse I backed as fav shortly before the race became 2nd fav just before the off!

I'm going to go with Johnson to follow B S Hughes all the way around here, like in the first.. No fear he'd ride his own race methinks ass DJ

Hon Hughsie, jockey's title is there for the taking and you deserve it despite entitled Johnson thinking he deserves it just for being around so long.. And others like Chapman bigging up his chances and saying DJ is a cert.

A load of bullcrap. :mad:

Brian just gone 1 ahead I think despite having had north of 50 less rides than the well connected Brit. Says it all for me.

Hon the Irish. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Aye Right looks a useful follow. Miserable race but I'll be keeping it in the notepad.

• Advertisement

Every silver lining's got a cloud... Hughsie just gone ahead on one of Jefferson's and that mendacious bs...er RJ in post race interview says that Waiting Patiently is being operated on tomorrow and pretty much ruled him out for the rest of the season.

First time I'm hearing this... Last I checked he was still in betting for Ryanair.

Rancid Jefferson :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

6:25 - not hugely convinced that the current favourite Snow Ocean will be able to make the step up in trip here, so have went with the old reliable Fire Fighting. While he isn't getting younger, he is dropping in class and has proven AW form over the distance. Last few runs have been brutal, but am hopeful it can do a bit better today against the weaker opposition. 5/1 win.

Great shout Francie. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,373 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Every silver lining's got a cloud... Hughsie just gone ahead on one of Jefferson's and that mendacious bs...er RJ in post race interview says that Waiting Patiently is being operated on tomorrow and pretty much ruled him out for the rest of the season.

First time I'm hearing this... Last I checked he was still in betting for Ryanair.

Rancid Jefferson :mad:

They announced this publicly 10 days ago, couldn’t have being more open about it, the bookies will still take money ante post off the uneducated

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭famagusta

stretchaq wrote:
    They announced this publicly 10 days ago, couldn’t have being more open about it, the bookies will still take money ante post off the uneducated

They announced as soon as they knew, very open and transparent. People will give out no matter what

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Thought Gunmaker would be clear favorite in the last race in Newcastle here. 4/1 was a bit big I thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Done on the line and its not even Monday either. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭MaxBet

BoldReason wrote: »
    Done on the line and its not even Monday either. :(

Unlucky there

Advertisement