Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advice on areas outside of Dublin city

Options
  • 19-01-2020 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi All,

Will get straight to it. My current workplace, and many of those prospective workplaces I may move to in the future, are to a large degree positioned around the M50 (northside) / Swords. I DO NOT have to commute into the city.

I'm also a bit of a culchie and so want to stay away living in the city where possible (towns / villages are what I love, especially the countryside).

My question is what areas if any would you recommend for buying in that are commutable to the top half of the M50 but that are not within the city? What are your favourites and why?

I know the likes of Mayonooth etc are options but I'm looking for personal preferences / experiences. These places are unknowns to me and I'm hoping to get your two cents.

Perhaps you hated one or the other, enjoyed the community of another, found certain areas poorly established if new estates etc. Any suggestions on this would be appreciated as I should be in a position to purchase this year and am trying to hone in on target areas.

Now, whether or not I would go through with a purchase this year is another question... To me much of the housing in Dublin especially is overpriced given the standards of housing available etc. And I have no idea what to expect now that the market appears to finally be stagnating / perhaps lowering.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,149 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

North County Dublin is full of semi-rural towns and villages. Most are being developed quite heavily atm but there are still areas within them where the potential for further development is limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I'd look at that area north of Swords and below Balbriggan, coast or inland. Still plenty of smallish villages left.

Advertisement