Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Graduate Policy Analyst/Economist in IGEES presenatations

• 30-10-2018 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for the help in advance.
    I did check the existing threads on this but hoped someone might be able to shine additional light on the presentation process.
    Is there anyway to swot up in advance? It's been quite a few years since I've leafed through an economics book - would it be worthwhile glancing back over main economic theories to bolster the presentation? Or are the examiners more concerned with your ability to reason critically rather than bowling them over with jargon? (I do work in the area of economic policy but I'm sure there are quite a few terms which I've forgotten as don't use on a day to day basis).
    Any other tips at all would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks a mill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 suisi

Hi there, maybe you've had the assessment already, so I could be too late here. I recently had my assessment.

I was wondering the same thing, if there was any prep I could do, but honestly there really isn't. I wasn't asked about specific economic concepts, I think it's more your decision making and reasoning that they're looking at.

So you should be fine!

Advertisement