Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
29-06-2019, 18:34   #1861
YFlyer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-10 View Post
What does that mean?
Since 2010 Liverpool had the least top 4 positions and the least top 6 positions among the top six clubs.
YFlyer is offline  
Advertisement
29-06-2019, 18:38   #1862
8-10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by YFlyer View Post
Since 2010 Liverpool had the least top 4 positions and the least top 6 positions among the top six clubs.
From 2010 - 2019 Liverpool weren't one of the best teams in the world though?

I was talking about the current team not the ones under Hodgson, Kenny, Rodgers etc...those were not good teams mate
8-10 is offline  
29-06-2019, 18:47   #1863
munstermagic11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTLEFTHAND View Post
Ya but your Dad wasn't from Liverpool was he?
So what?
I’m not from the US, but wear US clothing.
Not from Italy, but regularly eat Italian cuisine.
I’m Irish, but will drink a Swedish cider.
Am I only limited to Irish clothing/food/drink as well as football?

What is it with so many LOI fans, that they can’t just follow what they want without the typical moaning about what other people do with their time/money/life.
munstermagic11 is offline  
Thanks from:
29-06-2019, 18:55   #1864
8-10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by munstermagic11 View Post
So what?
I’m not from the US, but wear US clothing.
Not from Italy, but regularly eat Italian cuisine.
I’m Irish, but will drink a Swedish cider.
Am I only limited to Irish clothing/food/drink as well as football?

What is it with so many LOI fans, that they can’t just follow what they want without the typical moaning about what other people do with their time/money/life.
I am yet to get a decent explanation from anyone at to why they care. Argument seems to be money for the LOI being lost. I think it's jealousy.
8-10 is offline  
29-06-2019, 19:01   #1865
RobMc59
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 3,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-10 View Post
I am yet to get a decent explanation from anyone at to why they care. Argument seems to be money for the LOI being lost. I think it's jealousy.
And if you wanted to split hairs ,is`nt SSE a British company?
RobMc59 is offline  
Advertisement
29-06-2019, 19:07   #1866
Omackeral
Registered User
 
Omackeral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 27,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-10 View Post
I am yet to get a decent explanation from anyone at to why they care. Argument seems to be money for the LOI being lost. I think it's jealousy.
I've given fair and reasoned posts on here and I'm not gonna go through them all again. One thing I'll say is I do not suffer from any jealousy. My team scored an 89th minute winner away last night and we're on the brink of going to Europe. It was mental celebrating with the team after we all made the trip. No jealousy at all. I think the people missing those type of moments are the ones missing out to be very honest.
Omackeral is offline  
Thanks from:
29-06-2019, 19:12   #1867
8-10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMc59 View Post
And if you wanted to split hairs ,is`nt SSE a British company?
I don't understand your point? I have no idea where SSE is from
8-10 is offline  
29-06-2019, 19:13   #1868
8-10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omackeral View Post
I've given fair and reasoned posts on here and I'm not gonna go through them all again. One thing I'll say is I do not suffer from any jealousy. My team scored an 89th minute winner away last night and we're on the brink of going to Europe. It was mental celebrating with the team after we all made the trip. No jealousy at all. I think the people missing those type of moments are the ones missing out to be very honest.
But do you actually care if I support Liverpool, and the reasons why I support them? I didn't get that from your posts but I keep getting it from others
8-10 is offline  
29-06-2019, 19:19   #1869
RobMc59
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 3,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-10 View Post
I don't understand your point? I have no idea where SSE is from
I was pointing out that the LOI sponsors Airtricity (owned by British company SSE) which proves sport is international and enjoyed worldwide-I enjoy watching Donegal GAA and am always being asked about my replica training top around Birkenhead.
RobMc59 is offline  
Advertisement
29-06-2019, 19:22   #1870
Ohmeha
Registered User
 
Ohmeha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by munstermagic11 View Post
So what?
I’m not from the US, but wear US clothing.
Not from Italy, but regularly eat Italian cuisine.
I’m Irish, but will drink a Swedish cider.
Am I only limited to Irish clothing/food/drink as well as football?

What is it with so many LOI fans
What's a "LOI fan"?

Is it someone who supports an actual League/20 football clubs and not an individual football club? I'm pretty certain there is not one person in Ireland or the entire world who supports all 20 teams participating in the LOI so anybody who throws out the "LOI Fan" jab hasn't a notion of the shyte they are typing about

It's the exact same as calling actual Liverpool or Man Utd fans from these areas as not Liverpool or Man Utd fans but as "English Premier League Fans" and demonstrates ignorance to the actual reality that alot of football fans who get off their arses and support/live/breath actual local football clubs and not football leagues
Ohmeha is offline  
29-06-2019, 19:25   #1871
munstermagic11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omackeral View Post
I think the people missing those type of moments are the ones missing out to be very honest.
Not at all. Your moments and preferences are yours. To each their own.
munstermagic11 is offline  
29-06-2019, 19:30   #1872
munstermagic11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmeha View Post
What's a "LOI fan"?
Relax, it’s not a jab. It’s the typical LOI fan (pick any of the teams) that starts one of these threads, with no actual honesty in their question. You know, the overly aggressive ones in particular.
munstermagic11 is offline  
29-06-2019, 19:35   #1873
Omackeral
Registered User
 
Omackeral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 27,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-10 View Post
But do you actually care if I support Liverpool, and the reasons why I support them? I didn't get that from your posts but I keep getting it from others
No I don't. And I don't agree with people saying you're not a football fan either. That's absolute bollox. At the same time, I do think people who go to games regularly and contribute towards their club financially and vocally are ''better'' supporters for want of a better word.

As I've said on here before, I'd be delighted if people took an Irish team as well as an English one. For the so-called Best Fans in the World we actively dismiss our own club teams for their relative mediocrity while we drip in patriotism every 8 or 10 years at a major tournies for the national team, despite the definite mediocrity there. That's without the hypocrisy of hating 'de brits' while thinking of their teams as our own.
Omackeral is offline  
(2) thanks from:
29-06-2019, 19:38   #1874
Omackeral
Registered User
 
Omackeral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 27,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by munstermagic11 View Post
Relax, it’s not a jab. It’s the typical LOI fan (pick any of the teams) that starts one of these threads, with no actual honesty in their question. You know, the overly aggressive ones in particular.
There's a debate and discussion to be had. Most of it is reasonable. There are dopes on either side of the coin though.
Omackeral is offline  
Thanks from:
29-06-2019, 19:39   #1875
8-10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMc59 View Post
I was pointing out that the LOI sponsors Airtricity (owned by British company SSE) which proves sport is international and enjoyed worldwide-I enjoy watching Donegal GAA and am always being asked about my replica training top around Birkenhead.
Still not understanding how this relates to what I said. I get the feeling you're being sarcastic but I'm missing something
8-10 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet