Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

24-06-2010, 18:22   #1

brick block or concrete

Hi,
can you tell me why all insurers I have checked including your site will only cover houses built of block/ brick or concrete?
there are alot of timberframe houses being built now which use external render systems which are none of these materials & are as sturdy/longlasting etc as block. Is there some kind of conspiracy byt the concrete industry going on?
would appreciate some insight on this as I can't get cover for my timberframe house whihc doesn't have blocks...
25-06-2010, 11:33   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowbabycool View Post
Hi,
can you tell me why all insurers I have checked including your site will only cover houses built of block/ brick or concrete?
there are alot of timberframe houses being built now which use external render systems which are none of these materials & are as sturdy/longlasting etc as block. Is there some kind of conspiracy byt the concrete industry going on?
would appreciate some insight on this as I can't get cover for my timberframe house whihc doesn't have blocks...
I am delighted to say that we can cover timber frame houses under our website - please just enter the construction type as timber frame on the drop down menu for "construction Type" Please do not hesitate to call if you have any further queries.

Graham
25-06-2010, 11:52   #3

Hi Graham,
just to confirm, if I have no block / brick or cement on the outide of my timberframe, but rather a lime render system + timberframe - then you will cover this build type under the heading "timberframe"?

sorry to re-ask this, but just want to be clear.
29-06-2010, 12:59   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowbabycool View Post
Hi Graham,
just to confirm, if I have no block / brick or cement on the outide of my timberframe, but rather a lime render system + timberframe - then you will cover this build type under the heading "timberframe"?

sorry to re-ask this, but just want to be clear.
Sorry about the delay in replying, we have sought clarification from the insurers just to be sure and they have replied to us -- "We would need to know the name of the material used in the external render systems - or the website of the company who built the the house or supplied the material."

Can you please confirm the above?
Forum Closed