Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-01-2020, 08:28   #31
bigfeckineejit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.S View Post
I guess the main question is will they be ready in time, drove by the other night and looks like a lot still be done!
I suspect it'll be a bit of a building site for the rest of the year. Any word on whether facilities will be available from the get-go?
Advertisement
09-01-2020, 11:13   #32
Mr.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfeckineejit View Post
I suspect it'll be a bit of a building site for the rest of the year. Any word on whether facilities will be available from the get-go?
I heard back saying in line with the apartments being available - seems all the apartments will be ready by end of April / May!
09-01-2020, 11:28   #33
Assetbacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor365 View Post
I've heard a few bad things. A lot of "safehouses" out there supposedly.

Prices seem too good to be true.....
One bed apartments from €1550, while new co-living/hostel-type places are letting beds for €1300 plus. To me there seems to be some catch.
09-01-2020, 14:00   #34
Mr.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assetbacked View Post
One bed apartments from €1550, while new co-living/hostel-type places are letting beds for €1300 plus. To me there seems to be some catch.
That was my initial thought aswell.

However if you look at what’s available it’s 1 beds for 1,700 and 2/3 beds for 2,200+ - so not exactly cheap by Dublin standards.
Thanks from:
09-01-2020, 14:11   #35
Assetbacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.S View Post
That was my initial thought aswell.

However if you look at what’s available it’s 1 beds for 1,700 and 2/3 beds for 2,200+ - so not exactly cheap by Dublin standards.
Sorry, I thought €1550 was the price for the one-beds.

For a high-end one bed at €1700, next to the Dart, I think that is better than the market price. From a search on Daft.ie for places to rent in Dublin city, €1500-1800 price range, the Vesta living apartments are way nicer than what I can see.
Advertisement
09-01-2020, 14:28   #36
Mr.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assetbacked View Post
Sorry, I thought €1550 was the price for the one-beds.

For a high-end one bed at €1700, next to the Dart, I think that is better than the market price. From a search on Daft.ie for places to rent in Dublin city, €1500-1800 price range, the Vesta living apartments are way nicer than what I can see.
The base 1 bed apartments started at 1,550 but there are all sold out, and didn’t seem to be that many available. I’d say priced cheaply to get demand in considering everyone is leasing off plan without viewing.
09-01-2020, 15:28   #37
niamh247

I have booked a 2-bed in November for 1950. Concerned about the move-in date. They are still telling me that it would be Feb 18th. Not sure how they are going to get the units ready in 5 weeks.

Not able to decide whether I should give vacation notice to my current landlord right now.

Is anyone else looking to move in, in Feb?

Also, someone mentioned that they have a whatsapp contact? Would you mind sharing it? They are not giving any phone contact.

Thanks!
11-01-2020, 16:53   #38
niteclubbecks

We have it our names down. I’m curious to see what happens. Won’t give notice to current landlord till I sign a contract and happy
11-01-2020, 16:56   #39
Mr.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteclubbecks View Post
We have it our names down. I’m curious to see what happens. Won’t give notice to current landlord till I sign a contract and happy
I thought you had to sign a lease to get confirmation?
Advertisement
11-01-2020, 16:59   #40
niteclubbecks

We just filled out the application form.
Looks nice fromwhat I’ve seen on their Instagram page
11-01-2020, 21:44   #41
Mr.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteclubbecks View Post
We just filled out the application form.
Looks nice fromwhat I’ve seen on their Instagram page
Yeah they look very high spec.

5 weeks until the first apartments move in, will be interesting to see how that goes.
12-01-2020, 16:08   #42
niamh247

I'm looking to cancel my registration, as it becomes a bit too far us. Will there be any issue if I don't pay the deposit and inform Vesta now? I know the registration did not include any cancellation policy. But we haven't got an opportunity to look at the units so far and there was no physical documents involved.

Will there be issues if I do not move in as per registration? How do go about safer cancellation?

Thanks a lot!
12-01-2020, 17:31   #43
Mr.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by niamh247 View Post
I'm looking to cancel my registration, as it becomes a bit too far us. Will there be any issue if I don't pay the deposit and inform Vesta now? I know the registration did not include any cancellation policy. But we haven't got an opportunity to look at the units so far and there was no physical documents involved.

Will there be issues if I do not move in as per registration? How do go about safer cancellation?

Thanks a lot!
Did you sign the lease? That would be a binding document.

But, I would imagine they would just cancel your lease as you haven't paid the deposit and would rather find a replacement than chase you daily for something you don't want.

Worst case, there's the 1 week break clause...
12-01-2020, 21:25   #44
Panic Stations

Quote:
Originally Posted by niamh247 View Post

Thanks a lot!
I never saw any cancellation policy in the lease (which was a big concern for me). They have a policy on the website where you can cancel it within 7 days of move in though they might still charge you for the month but give your deposit back.
Thanks from:
13-01-2020, 19:34   #45
niamh247

Did anyone notice the fence displays the Gannon Homes signboards? Is Vesta living part of Gannon Homes?

Also, the location on the Vesta webpage shows the location as right near one of the corners of Father Collins park, while Google shows the address to be Gannon Homes construction site.

Any clues?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion