Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who else has bought a concert ticket recently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Dead Can Dance two nights next April for the saving scheme😂 Ticketmaster are like a bank

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I have list of (around 15) concerts/events that I would like to buy tickets for but at the moment I'm not, because it is very difficult to know what's going to happen. I have some that have already been postponed for 2021 and dates start getting close to each other on rescheduling.

The good thing is that many of them aren't the classic quick sold out type of gigs, therefore I will be able to find tickets for many of them even later on.

I really can't see many concerts happening before March. Many bands would have a tour schedule that would be financially viable if they were to do all gigs, and it is likely that we will have some levels of restrictions during the winter which would defer from country to country, thus making planning for artists a bit more difficult. This would be one year with no concerts!!! :eek: I reckon that when they restart I will want to go to as many as possible, even ones that I would have only a passing interest on the artist. In the meantime, I decided to start going through my Music DVD collection - not the same feeling obviously, but I guess it will have to do for now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I bought tickets today for The Undertones in Belfast in December and the rescheduled Teenage Fanclub gig in Belfast that was supposed to be in April but is now April next year.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Nearly a full year since the last time I went to a gig. Crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

I bought tickets a couple of weeks ago for an upcoming gig in nov 2021 I'm hopeful it'll go ahead...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭corm500

I got a ticket for the missus to see Tom Jones in July. Surprised if it happens, although if all the over 70s are vaccinated the audience will be safe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

got tickets for crowded house June 30th limerick. more hope than reality though

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭exilec

Bought tickets for suede in Manchester November 10th . Hopefully it’s not wishful thinking !

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

tempted by Arab strap

• Registered Users Posts: 11,469 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Originally bought tickets for Rammstien (belfast) in July 2019, it's currently rescheduled for Jun 12th and I'm fully expecting it to get pushed to 2022, three years will defietely be the longest between buying tickets and actually getting to the gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭dohboy

I have tickets for Le Guess Who festival in Utrecht in November. It's in the lap of the gods...

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭T.V Eye

I’ve started to hold fire because gigs and other bits are being rescheduled to the same date. I’ll see the lay of the land in the summer before I buy anything else.

Penfailed wrote: »
    I bought tickets today for The Undertones in Belfast in December and the rescheduled Teenage Fanclub gig in Belfast that was supposed to be in April but is now April next year.

I'm also supposed to be seeing Clutch in July and I bought tickets today for the Stendhal Festival in August.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    I'm also supposed to be seeing Clutch in July and I bought tickets today for the Stendhal Festival in August.

...and King Kong Company in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Last Friday I bought tickets for the following;

Gary Numan @ The Olympia Theatre
    Gary Numan @ Wembley Arena
    Future Islands @ Vicar St
    Billie Eilish @ 3arena

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Sparks.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bought a ticket for Less Than Jake at the Voodoo Lounge in Dublin for the 29th March 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

A Lazarus Soul for next Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 9,679 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Heading over to Manchester in August to see Frank Turner

• Registered Users Posts: 11,261 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Future Islands, Alan Partridge, the Kooks all purchased in the last week.

Going to get some more comedy tickets today I reckon.

Roll on gigs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Boomtown 2022. The excitement is palpable already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

dmm82 wrote: »

I always think of Boomtown Rats when i hear about The Boomtown Fair festival. Thinking they must be the headliners or something like Ozzfest :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

dmm82 wrote: »

I was tempted, I dont think i could handle it anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Just bought one for Deicide. Pencilled in for the Academy in April so hopefully we'll be in significantly better shape by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭RINO87

Grandbrothers in Cork in October! The last time they played here was one of the best gigs i have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Nice to see this thread alive again.
    I've recently picked up tickets for offspring and less than jake... 15 year old me is buzzing.

I'm thinking of getting madness tickets as I've never seen em.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,261 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I technically bought a ticket to the Leinster match this Friday. Which feels like a gig, all things considered! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Just bought one for Deicide. Pencilled in for the Academy in April so hopefully we'll be in significantly better shape by then.

Done the same should be a belter of a gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭dasdog

Jaysus that takes me back.

Mdou Moctar, Sugar Club
    Dry Cleaning, Button Factory

There was between 20-30 people present the first time Dry Cleaning played here. Sound was unreal. Unfortunately it will be a packed house next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

I'm well tempted to buy tixs for MdouMoctar....

Advertisement