Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Today Show with Sarah McInerney

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

Cole wrote: »
    Eoghan Corry and his views on Covid19 and travel advice...come on Sarah do your best combative, grilling interview thing.

He,d have the airplanes full and everyone on their way to 2 weeks in spain or dingle if he had his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Twas gas stuff from corry. Our green list policy is nonsense, we should be basing our policies on all the other European countries. But uk havent been doing great on this, have they? Ah, wouldn't mind them, i meant the other European countries we're politically aligned with. But france are having huge numbers of cases from increased travelling? Well, um...ah...but hungary, hungary or something. All over the shop as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

Twas gas stuff from corry. Our green list policy is nonsense, we should be basing our policies on all the other European countries. But uk havent been doing great on this, have they? Ah, wouldn't mind them, i meant the other European countries we're politically aligned with. But france are having huge numbers of cases from increased travelling? Well, um...ah...but hungary, hungary or something. All over the shop as usual.

Stumbled and stuttered over his defence of Michael Cawley too...at least he kind of apologised for being "all over the shop" on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,227 ✭✭✭✭elperello

E Corry is a travel expert. Good at his job and knows the industry inside out.

However, he is not a serious player on any issues outside his brief.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

elperello wrote: »
    E Corry is a travel expert. Good at his job and knows the industry inside out.

However, he is not a serious player on any issues outside his brief.

Eoghan Corry is a travel journalist - he edits a travel publication. Does that make him an expert ?

EC gets a lot of air time but today was challenged a bit more than usual and came undone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,047 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Lads....lads. I keep telling ye....vested interest.

Corry makes his crust from travel, does anyone take him seriously on the ‘travel versus health risks’ .

Of course not, he will always play the ‘travel is fine’card, that’s where he gets his moolah.

Regarding Cawley , he will always back him, from his days in FR, got the inside track from him..

Lads...... vested interest...... vested interest... that’s the first things you look for.

Lads....lads. I keep telling ye....vested interest.

Corry makes his crust from travel, does anyone take him seriously on the ‘travel versus health risks’ .

Of course not, he will always play the ‘travel is fine’card, that’s where he gets his moolah.

Regarding Cawley , he will always back him, from his days in FR, got the inside track from him..

Lads...... vested interest...... vested interest... that’s the first things you look for.

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Is Charlie Birds head about to explode?

Charlie is just ranting.

If he listened to what the Doctor said he would be able to back up his argument alas he's too busy ranting about 'throwing away the keys'

I'm just stunned that charlie forked out 700 squid for 2 ryanair flights to somewhere. Thought people only ended up paying those sort of prices for last minute or emergencies.

• Advertisement

Infoanon wrote: »
    Charlie is just ranting

Is Charlie still bitter that no one in Washington knew who he was

Charlie please give it a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Nothing parties like Covid......

Thumbleweed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

Group think alive and well in Ireland.

Just back from a lovely week in Rome. Great atmosphere, everyone enjoying the lovely weather, great restaurants and bars. Everything operating normally including all the museums and historic buildings/ monuments (with good adherence to sensible Covid 19 restrictions everywhere).
    Lower incidence than Ireland. No panic or paranoia (despite the really rough time they had early on). Everyone we spoke with - taxi drivers, hotel staff, restaurant staff - all positive and upbeat and optimistic for the future.

Meanwhile back in the 'Island of Fear' the blaming, negativity and moral superiority abounds as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭bookman2

She has a bizarre way of interviewing.. tried to get this chap o donovan to say he wanted off licenses closed...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

He wouldn't fill me with confidence that lad

Group think alive and well in Ireland.

Just back from a lovely week in Rome. Great atmosphere, everyone enjoying the lovely weather, great restaurants and bars. Everything operating normally including all the museums and historic buildings/ monuments (with good adherence to sensible Covid 19 restrictions everywhere).
    Lower incidence than Ireland. No panic or paranoia (despite the really rough time they had early on). Everyone we spoke with - taxi drivers, hotel staff, restaurant staff - all positive and upbeat and optimistic for the future.

Meanwhile back in the 'Island of Fear' the blaming, negativity and moral superiority abounds as usual.

Glad you had a good time. Italy certainly had a rough harrowing time early on, but fair to say the spread was very concentrated in an industrial area in the north of the country. A lot of areas, including lazio, got off very lightly and contribute a very low percentage (less than 3%) of total number of cases and deaths. So I'm not sure how robust it is as a point of comparison.

bookman2 wrote: »
    She has a bizarre way of interviewing.. tried to get this chap o donovan to say he wanted off licenses closed...

was he a publican or member of the vintners federation? there were pub groups calling for supermarkets and off licenses to be closed down a few weeks ago

I could put up with it when she was on newstalk as her wages were not paid by public license fee.

How she managed to get to RTE. Dumbfounding.

neris wrote: »
    was he a publican or member of the vintners federation? there were pub groups calling for supermarkets and off licenses to be closed down a few weeks ago

no it was the TD patrick o donovan. she seems to go into interviews with an agenda -and keeps asking the same question. I can't understand why anyone would want to be interviewed by her.

• Advertisement

limnam wrote: »
    I could put up with it when she was on newstalk as her wages were not paid by public license fee.

How she managed to get to RTE. Dumbfounding.

i presume she hasn't got this gig full time?

When it was announced it was until "Autumn"

*Taps foot*

Not if Claire Byrne and her PR blitz a few weeks ago have got anything to do with it she wont

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭boardise

Is Charlie Birds head about to explode?

For someone who takes long walks in the solitude of the Wicklow hills-Charlie sounds worryingly overwrought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭boardise

Hopefully not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Infoanon wrote: »
    Charlie is just ranting.

If he listened to what the Doctor said he would be able to back up his argument alas he's too busy ranting about 'throwing away the keys'

It's all about Charlie, it always was.
    Back when he was a reporter it was all about Charlie.

imme wrote: »
    It's all about Charlie, it always was.
    Back when he was a reporter it was all about Charlie.

Are was is simply RTE getting Charlie to set the agenda 'it's the under 45s that should be locked up'.

Hence Sarah pushing the close the off licence agenda.

Listening to the 11am news headlines I expect Charlies'rant' that the' over 70s have had enough' agenda to continue through out the day.

Reminds me of a few weeks ago when Sarahs show was rallying against the notion of local lock downs only for them to be announced later that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Stewball

Hopefully she does get it full time.

The show has been worth listening to again since she took over in May.
    The love in between Claire Byrne and government TDs will be sickening to listen to five days a week throughout the winter.

Stewball wrote: »
    Hopefully she does get it full time.

can't agree with this-- but each to there own!

• Advertisement

can't agree with this-- but each to there own!

she shouldn't be on radio. She's not good at it.

Her voice doesn't suit it, she doesn't have the personality for it.

Complete waste of public money

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement