Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nick Mason’s Saucerful Of Secrets Dublin Convention Centre 29 April 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Never seen it, it looks brilliant. I wonder if we'll see more gigs there now

Would be a class venue if they could remove the downstairs seats for standing.

Anyone still looking for a solo ticket, you can still get Row B stalls for eur79.00

Ask for 2 tickets and you're into the circle- so it's selling out but not quite there yet. I reckon many haven't heard of this gig considering the general audience profile but it will certainly sell out in time. If a 2nd gig is organised, it will need a bit of a marketing budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Not sure if posted but another gig for Floyd fans- to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the release of the Wall on 20 November RTE Concert Orchestera will be performing the album fronted by a Floyd tribute band called Visions of Floyd, a light show is included too and they'll be doing tracks from Dark Side as well

https://orchestras.rte.ie/events/2835/pink-floyd-night/

edit- just went to book this myself but it is now sold out. However they are putting on a second night for November 19th, it is not on the website so you have to ring up the box office to get tickets for it. She said there is still good availability but that they expect this one to sell out too as the first one got snapped up pretty fast

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Not sure if posted but another gig for Floyd fans- to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the release of the Wall on 20 November RTE Concert Orchestera will be performing the album fronted by a Floyd tribute band called Visions of Floyd, a light show is included too and they'll be doing tracks from Dark Side as well

edit- just went to book this myself but it is now sold out. However they are putting on a second night for November 19th, it is not on the website so you have to ring up the box office to get tickets for it. She said there is still good availability but that they expect this one to sell out too as the first one got snapped up pretty fast

Thanks for that- having seen the Wall live think I’ll pass but interesting all the same

Thanks for that- having seen the Wall live think I’ll pass but interesting all the same

ah you should go, the tickets are only €25 and its not often that you get to see a full orchestra play the music of Pink Floyd. I saw the Trinity Orchestra perform Dark Side of the Moon years back and it was absolutely note perfect from start to finish, one of the best gigs Ive ever been at. It was unreal to hear a full orchestra play their music (and it included one pre-fame Hozier on lead vocals, not a fan of his music but he absolutely nailed singing Dark Side)

Anyway I just heard an ad on the radio for the second show so presumably tickets are available on the website now rather than just box office like yesterday. It will likely sell out today or tomorrow.

• Advertisement

ah you should go, the tickets are only €25 and its not often that you get to see a full orchestra play the music of Pink Floyd. I saw the Trinity Orchestra perform Dark Side of the Moon years back and it was absolutely note perfect from start to finish, one of the best gigs Ive ever been at. It was unreal to hear a full orchestra play their music (and it included one pre-fame Hozier on lead vocals, not a fan of his music but he absolutely nailed singing Dark Side)

Anyway I just heard an ad on the radio for the second show so presumably tickets are available on the website now rather than just box office like yesterday. It will likely sell out today or tomorrow.

Thanks - A bit off topic (in fact probably a lot off topic) but in a similar vein-but in case you are anyone is into Tom Waits, SwordfishTrombones will be played by a group of artists (not Tom though before you get your hopes up) also at the NCH in October- plenty of tickets still available .

https://www.nch.ie/Online/default.asp?BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::permalink=Swordfishtrombones-Revisited-29Oct19&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::context_id=

• Registered Users Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Back on topic, its quite a diverse setlist spanning the five years of Barrett through to Obscured by Clouds.

Interstellar Overdrive
    Astronomy Domine
    Lucifer sam
    Fearless
    Obscured by Clouds
    When You're In
    Remember a Day
    Arnold Layne
    Vegetable Man
    If - Atom Heart Mother - 2nd part of If
    The Nile Song
    Green is the Colour
    Let There be More Light
    Childhood's End
    Set the Controls
    See Emily Play
    Bike
    One of These Days
    Saucerful of Secrets
    Point Me at the Sky.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Booked the 19th just there after seeing your post, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I think Point Me at the Sky is in there as a joke.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,987 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Back on topic, its quite a diverse setlist spanning the five years of Barrett through to Obscured by Clouds.

Interstellar Overdrive
    Astronomy Domine
    Lucifer sam
    Fearless
    Obscured by Clouds
    When You're In
    Remember a Day
    Arnold Layne
    Vegetable Man
    If - Atom Heart Mother - 2nd part of If
    The Nile Song
    Green is the Colour
    Let There be More Light
    Childhood's End
    Set the Controls
    See Emily Play
    Bike
    One of These Days
    Saucerful of Secrets
    Point Me at the Sky.

hearing vegetable man played live will be a life moment for me

• Advertisement

Surprisingly Scream Thy Last Scream is missing from the set list, considering it was wrote by Nick Mason, maybe not as well known as the other tracks but a great number all the same, also ordered a Syd Barrett t shirt the other day, so will be wearing it on the night of the gig. :)

Surprisingly Scream Thy Last Scream is missing from the set list, considering it was wrote by Nick Mason, maybe not as well known as the other tracks but a great number all the same. also ordered a Syd Barrett t shirt the other day, so will be wearing it on the night of the gig. :)

pretty sure it was written by Syd but nick did the lead vocals in the recordings

sydthebeat wrote: »
    pretty sure it was written by Syd but nick did the lead vocals in the recordings

Aaah right, I was sure he composed it.

Aaah right, I was sure he composed it.

its a pity it was never released... perhaps a little too mad for where they were going at the time....

nick also did vocals on vegetable man (the bit "vegetable man, where are you?")

Would love to form a Syd era band with some of that set list and do the Salty Dog at EP, would be great. :)

sydthebeat wrote: »
    its a pity it was never released... perhaps a little too mad for where they were going at the time....

nick also did vocals on vegetable man (the bit "vegetable man, where are you?")

Until Ummagumma that was with Seven Furry Species... ;)

Until Ummagumma that was with Seven Furry Species... ;)

best unintelligible Scottish accent ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Tickets Arrived Today!!
    Grabbed this picture from the Convention Centre website.. Every seat looks like a good seat.

492263.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

How's the ventilation looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Tickets Arrived Today!!
    Grabbed this picture from the Convention Centre website.. Every seat looks like a good seat.

492263.jpg

Nice looking setup in fairness

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

K.Flyer wrote: »

Really enjoyed this version of ( for me) the most under rated track by Pink Floyd

Thanks for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Just a heads up, Roger waters movie us and then is in some cinemas this Sunday
    https://www.hotpress.com/music/roger-waters-us-film-shown-irish-cinemas-today-sunday-22790610

I was at this Gig.

Simply AWESOME!!

Just a heads up, Roger waters movie us and then is in some cinemas this Sunday
    https://www.hotpress.com/music/roger-waters-us-film-shown-irish-cinemas-today-sunday-22790610

I was at this Gig.

Simply AWESOME!!

Just on the way home from the cinema, some show. Must've been some set, nearly the full of Animals in the middle of the set. This'll be one to get on Blu-ray

Heading myself too in a few hours, really looking forward to hearing Floyds music backed by a full orchestra. Also have never been inside the NCH so it'll be good to see it as a venue.

Heading myself too in a few hours, really looking forward to hearing Floyds music backed by a full orchestra. Also have never been inside the NCH so it'll be good to see it as a venue.

Yeah never been either, looking forward to it, should be a great experience

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭exilec

Yeah never been either, looking forward to it, should be a great experience

How was gig last night ?? Heading in tonight, looking forward to it . 8pm sharp ?

exilec wrote: »
    How was gig last night ?? Heading in tonight, looking forward to it . 8pm sharp ?

An absolutely amazing show, made the hair stand in the back of my neck a few times. The best musical experience I've ever had, no drugs needed!

Yes started about 5 past. I actually got parking around the corner at 7. Parking on the street is free after 7 if you're coming by car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭exilec

An absolutely amazing show, made the hair stand in the back of my neck a few times. The best musical experience I've ever had, no drugs needed!

Yes started about 5 past. I actually got parking around the corner at 7. Parking on the street is free after 7 if you're coming by car.

Excellent. Thanks for that . Yes , driving in . Really looking forward to it now !

Advertisement