Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Drivetime with Mary Wilson

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Up there with Joe Jacob, complete and utter tosser.

Damian showed a bit of teeth.....defending RTE.

This incoming lot are one bunch of biscuits.

How did FG get involved with them.

Feighan is FG is he not? One of their own or should I say one of your own

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He is. Just about scraped the last seat here. Hardly known outside Boyle / Carrick on Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I have no problem calling anyone out if I think they are not up to it.

Party makes no difference.

I have no problem calling anyone out if I think they are not up to it.

Party makes no difference.

Ah give over "this incoming lot are one bunch of biscuits, how did FG get involved with them"
    well what do you think? how Did FG get involved with THEM?

Ah give over "this incoming lot are one bunch of biscuits, how did FG get involved with them"
    well what do you think? how Did FG get involved with THEM?

You are trying to make an issue of something that isn’t there.

Already hardly a wet week in office and mired in several controversies.

Martin should have sacked Cowen and showed leadership, instead it rumbled on for a week.

It wasn’t a ‘mistake’ .

Then you had the various hissy fits thrown by dissapointed FFers.

Greens on a leadership struggle and Gobby mares roaring and shouting.

I see a long struggle for this lot.

• Advertisement

Ferghal Keane interviewing people arriving from the US/ Texas in Dublin Airport. Some terribly sad stories, one guy saying he's back for his Mum's funeral and is here for three weeks.

One guy says he's going to quarantine for the two weeks, so he's just going to have some small parties in the house where he's staying with family. Missing the point completely. One woman here for two weeks says she intends to quarantine at her tourist accommodation for two weeks.

Wouldn't believe for one minute Martin didn't know of Cowans driving adventure. What a plonker, Cowan isn't out of the starting blocks and he's limping already. Old ff tactic kick for touch and waffle. Such a parcel of rogues in a nation it never changes

Wouldn't believe for one minute Martin didn't know of Cowans driving adventure. What a plonker, Cowan isn't out of the starting blocks and he's limping already. Old ff tactic kick for touch and waffle. Such a parcel of rogues in a nation it never changes

He's a goner, bad start for the government

And he didn't even resign, he had to be sacked. Wonder what happened after 2pm. Seems like the Taoiseach wanted him to make another address to the Dail denying he avoided the chekpoint, he refused, and called the Taoiseach's bluff?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

And he didn't even resign, he had to be sacked. Wonder what happened after 2pm. Seems like the Taoiseach wanted him to make another address to the Dail denying he avoided the chekpoint, he refused, and called the Taoiseach's bluff?

But didn't the Taoiseach lead the vote for no more questions?

• Advertisement

Irish Wolf wrote: »
    But didn't the Taoiseach lead the vote for no more questions?

He did, that was before he heard of the u-turn in Kinnegad

Mary Wilson always banging away on some big Windows 95 keyboard. Sounds like she's about to lose at Tetris.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Mary Wilson always banging away on some big Windows 95 keyboard. Sounds like she's about to lose at Tetris.

Most likely on a live chat, interrupting people.

Lenihan breathing hard as he tries to stoke up doom and gloom amongst the populace.

You’d be a bit of an idiot to pay too much heed to his delivery style.

Just use common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Have to say Phillip Boucher-Hayes is doing a good job as stand in presenter ....gave that waffler Fergus O'Dowd a good schooling yestiddy.

Impressed with PBB ...so far ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

Have to say Phillip Boucher-Hayes is doing a good job as stand in presenter ....gave that waffler Fergus O'Dowd a good schooling yestiddy.

Impressed with PBB ...so far ...

Listening to him on with Stephen Donnelly now. I'm not a big Donnelly fan, but I find myself rooting for him. I just find Boucher-Hayes unbearably smug...but each to their own.

Cole wrote: »
    Listening to him on with Stephen Donnelly now. I'm not a big Donnelly fan, but I find myself rooting for him. I just find Boucher-Hayes unbearably smug...but each to their own.

Agree, Donnelly handing him his arse in a burlap bag.

Have to say Donnolly inspires a good deal more confidence than the previous chap.

Have to say Donnolly inspires a good deal more confidence than the previous chap.

Well he certainly handled Boucher-Hayes and put him in his box.

Boucher -Hayes tried to ‘flash bang’ him but he knew the tactic very well.

See today’s Sarah McInerney thread.

Both have the waffler illness, but I thought he was pretty good just now...although i didn't catch all of it.

• Advertisement

Both have the waffler illness, but I thought he was pretty good just now...although i didn't catch all of it.

Do you think? About the waffling, I mean. I think he's one of the better speakers, usually very clear and very precise in his delivery.

But he's only a wet week in the most soul-destroying job in the country, in the middle of a pandemic, so time will tell whether there's any substance there.

Do you think? About the waffling, I mean. I think he's one of the better speakers, usually very clear and very precise in his delivery.

But he's only a wet week in the most soul-destroying job in the country, in the middle of a pandemic, so time will tell whether there's any substance there.

Well he's not in Simon's league to be fair, and I do agree that he is generally a good speaker, but he has a bit of the 'style over substance' thing going on.

But yes, time will tell. I hope he's able to deliver, especially with what we're dealing with at the moment.

Here’s motormouth O Reilly

Let’s see how BH tackles her.

He didn’t ..... just let her run like a burst dam, hosing out pent up negativity and populist mantra.

I'm only half listening (hard to focus with PBH presenting), but he seems to be going fierce easy on everyone. Maybe he still has his tail between his legs from yesterday's Stephen Donnelly interview.

I'm only half listening (hard to focus with PBH presenting), but he seems to be going fierce easy on everyone. Maybe he still has his tail between his legs from yesterday's Stephen Donnelly interview.

Surprisingly I thought the same.

Had his arse handed to him big time.

Just let O’Reilly rattle on like a runaway broken dam and didn’t even try to rebut the crud she gushed out.

Disgraceful stuff.

Boucher-Hayes and his attack dog Lenihan spend the last 15 mins trying to pour shade on the Government.

Ok they are making a bollox of things but absolutely no balance.

Everything coming from the same quarter, Paul Murphy , some female on the left.(Mairead Farrell)

Lenihan tossing out the passes for them to pop in the open goal.

Despicable psb.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Historybluff

Boucher-Hayes and his attack dog Lenihan spend the last 15 mins trying to pour shade on the Government.

Ok they are making a bollox of things but absolutely no balance.

Everything coming from the same quarter, Paul Murphy , some female on the left.(Mairead Farrell)

Lenihan tossing out the passes for them to pop in the open goal.

Despicable psb.

Not every single item has to be balanced. I'm sure some government TDs appeared on other shows on RTÉ Radio One today to defend the government. I'd say their absence from this particular item wasn't due to their not receiving an invitation and more to do with their embarrassment on the issue. As you said, the government seems to be shooting itself in the foot quite a lot. I agree about Paul Murphy & Co. though. As they are in perennial opposition, it's quite easy for them to pontificate on every issue. They're always on the side of the angels.

• Some " expert" intereviewed by Miles Dungan.... Miles asks him about the dealing with the coronavirus.

Interviewee is in "FULL DEFLECT MODE"

check list...blabla bla

""algoritthm...don't closen the whole pod... expereinced people to support them.

Real questioning by Mile Dungan at least!

• Advertisement

Not every single item has to be balanced. I'm sure some government TDs appeared on other shows on RTÉ Radio One today to defend the government. I'd say their absence from this particular item wasn't due to their not receiving an invitation and more to do with their embarrassment on the issue. As you said, the government seems to be shooting itself in the foot quite a lot. I agree about Paul Murphy & Co. though. As they are in perennial opposition, it's quite easy for them to pontificate on every issue. They're always on the side of the angels.

correct.

Fair comment.

They need to get out with competent people and take on the bullhorn brigade.

Have they got them ? Jury is out.

Will they stop scoring own goals? Doubt it.

What they need to do now is for MM to grow a set of orbs and announce that the next tool who comes out with a ‘law’ that can be picked apart by tools like Murphy, Boyd-Barret, O’Reilly,’Smith’ et al better fall on their sword quickly .

They need to get together a set of confident competent well briefed individuals who at the drop of a hat can come out and confront the attack dogs with credible logical reasons why decisions were taken.

It seems to me that nobody wants to take the ball and run with it, all trying to protect their ‘base, look at that ferret O ‘Dea, and hide under their slates.

Change of attitude needed and needed quickly.

I am not at all confident that this lot will last for very long.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement