Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

U2 fan club subscription gift

• 02-07-2020 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Has anyone who has subscribed to U2 fan club received their 2020 gift? It is the live from Berlin dvd this year but I received a dance remix of Love comes to town On vinyl. I emailed U2.com & they said DVD could take 6 weeks to arrive. So I am wondering if I will receive the dvd or is it just the vinyl. Are people receiving the dvd at the moment? I am a recurring subscriber now for 5 to 6 years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Mitzy

Yes I got the DVD last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Got my dvd last week also,the vinyl was from two years ago if I remember correctly and the cd was last years gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

I cannot understand why I got that gift. I emailed U2.com saying I received vinyl and not dvd and they replied saying it was on the way but I don’t think I will receive it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    I cannot understand why I got that gift. I emailed U2.com saying I received vinyl and not dvd and they replied saying it was on the way but I don’t think I will receive it now.

I received the DVD last week also. So they are currently been delivered and your copy should be with you soon.

Depending on what subscription you used to renew your membership will indicate what you receive. There was an option to sign up for the 2020 annual gift only and another to sign up for the 2019 gift (Songs of Innocence and Experience CD) and also the 2020 annual gift.

The U2 - 3D remix vinyl was a 2018 annual gift. I wouldn't have thought that it would be issued this time. You might want to check your emails and find out what subscription you renewed with.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

I emailed them again. They will let me know in 10 days if they are sending dvd. I renewed via reminder Renewal email & a fan club member for a while so cannot understand why they won’ t send dvd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    I emailed them again. They will let me know in 10 days if they are sending dvd. I renewed via reminder Renewal email & a fan club member for a while so cannot understand why they won’ t send dvd.

Well if you renewed for 2020, the E&I DVD is the 2020 gift so you should definitely get it no matter what. Maybe the U2 3D vinyl was sent to you in error... Not a bad mistake! :)

Advertisement