Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N Square Steakhouse and seafood

13»

Comments

Faith wrote: »
    ................. However, nor do I care any more. You can listen to any assessments that you want, and I hope you thoroughly enjoy your experience there when you try it out. Perhaps you'll even treat us with a review of your own.

lol, you lost interest very quickly :pac:
    It seems you have something against the N square restaurant for what ever reason though.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

Just 2 add my 2 cents. I was in there last weekend. I thought it was quiet nice alright. Menu was pretty varied, and well priced. I had a lobster bisque to start with, followed with the royal fish pie. The seafood was very very fresh and you could taste that in both dishes. It was actually up there with the nicest seafood I have had.

I had the chance to have a word with the chef who stopped to chat with us when he brought out some amuse bouches. Tunisian guy who has been in Ireland for 7 years, mostly working his way up the ranks in various luxury hotels in Ireland, this is his first restaurant. What impressed me a lot was his knowledge of which fish came from where (Kinsale, Castletownbere, and Bantry for my dishes) as well as where in Ireland the meats came from. its a personal thing but I like Irish meat. He was also using the amuse bouche to add a little eastern spice to the evening which woke up the palate nicely.

Front of house was very nice although she reminded my a little of my mother. (not a good thing)

I wish it the best although I think the location is an obstacle they will have to work had to overcome. Also the entrance needs to be marked out much more clearly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I never had any interest to begin with. I see no point in arguing with you. I gain nothing from it.

I have nothing against the restaurant. I love seafood and steak; I'd be delighted with a good quality restaurant in the city. However, nothing I've seen so far has me overly convinced. I hate shilling, I can't understand why they STILL don't have a menu online, and so far I've seen a split in positive and negative reviews, taking Facebook into account. There's no reason for me to be positive about them yet, when nothing in my personal experience lends itself to that. I tend to reserve positive opinions until I can confirm it myself. If I choose to eat there and enjoy it, then I'll come back and praise it here.

I never had any interest to begin with. I see no point in arguing with you. I gain nothing from it................

I asked deRanged a question, which he answered.

If you had no interest I don't understand why you would bother with this........
    Why do you think comments here are more trustworthy? Facebook has 845 million users. You can be sure that a LOT more of Cork's population are on Facebook than on boards.ie, so a broader spectrum of people will post on the Facebook wall. There's been at least one instance of shilling on this thread already, so I'd be less inclined to trust this thread for reviews.

..... directed at me :)

I wouldn't class this as an argument and have no desire to have one either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

ok - this thread is probably coming to the end of it's life.

I'm going to lock this thread soon, as we've had enough open discussion on the restaurant to allow people to chose to try it or not.

if someone heads in and tries the place, they can pm me and I'll reopen the thread to allow them to post an update.

let's say 2 hours and then I close this.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement