Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nextbase 112 - cig lighter connection loose

Options
  • 02-06-2020 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

I have a nextbase 112 and I am using the cigarette lighter to power it. It was going on/off and i thought it was the pwer socket but i noticed today the silver tip at the top of the part that goes into the lighter socket is loose. The part that looks like a tiny fuse moves in and out. There is a spring inside it but it does not seem to hold it in place.

Can i get a lead that will plug into the cig lighter and with a USB for the camera or do I have to get the proper nextbase part?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Do you have a 12v non cigarette lighter outlet in the car too? They’re usually a little tighter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Do you have a 12v non cigarette lighter outlet in the car too? They’re usually a little tighter.
    No. But its is the part I plug into it, that little silver bit that is loose

Can you unscrew the tip to investigate?

Can you unscrew the tip to investigate?
    i did.there is a little thing like a tiny fuse with a silver tip and a spring. The fusey thing moves in and out.

Wouldn't something like this do ?

I hope to get it locally without going to nextbase online

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

i did.there is a little thing like a tiny fuse with a silver tip and a spring. The fusey thing moves in and out.

Wouldn't something like this do ?

I hope to get it locally without going to nextbase online

It would, but dont get one like that thats wired to the plug. Get a single or double usb plug and separate cable. Much more versatile.

Or if youre any use at a bit of diy, hard wire it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Probably more complicated than you're looking for here, but Nextbase do a hardwired kit which just plugs into an existing fuse such as your car radio or cigarette lighter and it turns on and off with the car ignition.
    Once in place, you have no need for cigarette lighter adpaters etc
    Very simple to put in also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Whocare

Isn't it supposed to move in and out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Whocare

Halfords sell replacement chargers anyway

Whocare wrote: »
    Isn't it supposed to move in and out
    not inthe floppy way it does.

I actually found a USB cable and a USB adapter so I did not have to buy anything

• Advertisement

I just noticed the manual says do not use the USB which attaches the dashcam to the PC to attach the camera in the acr

I am using it. It is a usb one side which goes into a cig lighter adapter and a mini or mico on the camera. Is a USB not a USB. What can happen

Could be that the cable isn’t rated for the charging current.

Could be that the cable isn’t rated for the charging current.

It is like this one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mini-USB-Power-cable-wire-for-Nextbase-car-Dash-Cam-112-212-312GW-412GW-512GW-/172794687338

This one says it is for the camera.What problem could "not rated for the charging current" cause

There’s all sorts of glitches that can be caused, worst case it wouldn’t charge the battery enough.

I have noticed it does not record automatically now i have to push the OK button when i start the car?

Advertisement