Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-06-2020, 15:26   #16
greenspurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyguinness View Post
Is the OP what is called an Incel?

For what it is worth I was approached many times (married for 10 years now). Ok not every night and certainly the minoirty of nights out and so were friends of mine which I witnessed so it really is not crazy unusual in the slightest.
I think so.

Only joined 10mths ago.
nearly 1000 posts + 233 thread started !?!!

The vast majority about sex/sexuality/gender ….

Its ridiculous …… And people keep posting on them !!! (yes, I know I am doing that ...right now.... )
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
02-06-2020, 15:55   #17
partyguinness

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspurs View Post
I think so.

Only joined 10mths ago.

Its ridiculous …… And people keep posting on them !!! (yes, I know I am doing that ...right now.... )

I think he is what my father would call "touched".
02-06-2020, 16:06   #18
Rodney Bathgate

Quote:
Soft in the head?
02-06-2020, 16:10   #19
Homelander

When I was younger, a relatively healthy amount in late night bars/nightclubs. Most definitely not overly handsome or chiselled either. It's definitely not "super rare" or anything like it. Far less common than men approaching women obviously, but not some sort of unheard of phenomenon.
02-06-2020, 16:11   #20
Jurgen Klopp

Quote:
Or most likely a young black bisexual fella on boards and in reality a pasty white 50 something Irish lad living in bedsit posting on boards or a staff account to generate clicks if you look at the spread of threads
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
03-06-2020, 07:27   #21
taxAHcruel

Cold approached almost never. I just do not have the looks for it.

The only time would be the gym story I told before. Short version - friend took me to my first gym cos Id never been. Him and the owner were showing me the ropes. They asked me to demo some of the martial arts and martial art dancing I know. So did a little demo. Small audience formed. Afterwards a lovely girl approached me and basically asked if we could get a hotel together. Turned it down - then some gym bunny took offence to the whole thing and started a fight on me for coming to "his" gym and trying to hit on the clientele. Which I absolutely did not do - she approached me. Not a great day overall.

Not cold approachs though - situations where I have organised a social thing - like where I organise pre gig meetups before music I like and so I am "the" guy in that situation - I have found a few cases where women would put the move on me. Not because I am a looker or anything. But I think solely because I am the centre of attention and the social glue in that situation and it just makes you seem more attractive than you are.
(2) thanks from:
05-06-2020, 10:51   #22
DavyD_83

Is it possible to ignore all threads started by a user?
Just wondering...
Thanks from:
06-06-2020, 23:40   #23
Kylta

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspurs View Post
I think so.

Only joined 10mths ago.

I think mr feg is a computer gimmick to get people posting. I said this on other posts, but I think he may have a loyal following so everytime the computer operated thing, thinks up something ridiculous it pops out has mr feg. If you go through some of his.threads there mind numbing. I mean you can't even give him stick. Its like slagging of your phone.
(2) thanks from:
06-06-2020, 23:50   #24
monkeysnapper

Ooo man I remember back when I was about 20 I was driving back to family home and as I pulled into spot outside this lady , and I use that word "lady " asked me if I could give her a lift home ....it was only a mile or so ...

I was obviously a shy young man and I said yes ... so I took her to her house , and as she got out and thanked me she said

" I live in that house right there if you ever want to visit"

Looking back I'd say she was probably about mid 30s

I'm 44 now .... and I dont think she was that bad looking .....

The answers no ...... but I bet she was dead dirty.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-06-2020, 23:57   #25
monkeysnapper

I was going to edit last one but I deserves one of it's own...

My best mate, my best man at wedding best mate ....

I remember him telling me when we were about 18/19 that he lost his virginity to a 30 something lady he met on night out ......God the old ladies back then were horney.

Just to clarify it wasnt same lady as above.

Ha ha I remember him saying " God it was brilliant"

Filthy......
08-06-2020, 14:23   #26
H3llR4iser

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeysnapper View Post
Ooo man I remember back when I was about 20 I was driving back to family home and as I pulled into spot outside this lady , and I use that word "lady " asked me if I could give her a lift home ....it was only a mile or so ...

I was obviously a shy young man and I said yes ... so I took her to her house , and as she got out and thanked me she said

" I live in that house right there if you ever want to visit"

Looking back I'd say she was probably about mid 30s

I'm 44 now .... and I dont think she was that bad looking .....

The answers no ...... but I bet she was dead dirty.

Yeah heard a few of these stories - most of the times, the "first visit" is welcomed with a nice price list for the various services available

Then again, it WAS different times, it's insane and disconcerting to see the direction society has gone the last 20 years.
08-06-2020, 15:14   #27
partyguinness

I have had the "Are you looking for business?" when walking through Benburb Street at 11pm on a Saturday night.

Well, I wasn't but now that you ask...
Thanks from:
08-06-2020, 16:41   #28
mr_fegelien

It's funny how some posters talk about being appproached by older women but in my experience most older women are still very picky (Despite being less desired in the SMV). The vast majority I've talked to won't date a guy who's less than 2 years older.

Not saying your story is fake but you're lucky that a 30yr old woman is attracted to a man 10 years younger. I'd say that's rare.
09-06-2020, 17:57   #29
Figel Narage

Been approached once or twice, I'm not ugly but nothing special either and anytime it has happened, I assumed it was a prank or something and acted quite cold towards them haha. But women aren't used to the rejection we have all experienced as lads and don't want to start knowing what that feels like so they'll give you these really vague and subtle hints that they are into you without officially making it obvious in case you reject them. I guarantee every one of us has experienced this, they'll do anything, I mean anything but go up and say hello or make it a bit more obvious. I wish they be more blunt more often with regards to this stuff but that's probably never going to happen

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion