Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car insurance for 80 year old

• 17-05-2020 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

My dad has just turned 80 and, all of a sudden, he’s being fleeced by the insurance companies. €750 plus for TPFT
    Does anyone know any companies or ways (eg being a member of a society or club etc) that we could get a lower for him please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Make/model of the car, year, and litre?

And is he insured in an "over 50's" or seniors/elderly category?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭JDMC2

2016 VW Golf 1.6
    I’m not sure what category he’s insured with, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Reality is, elderly people are a much higher risk category.

I recently arranged cover with my mother in law through An Post, i believe FBD are underwriting her policy but I know Aviva also sell via An Post. She is 74 and I got it for around €320 fully comp with all the bells and whistles, car is a 5 year old micra. They are worth trying. Id also suggest that he goes for comp, the saving between comp and TPFT is generally marginal at best.

Advertisement