Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
24-05-2020, 11:26   #556
bergipau
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibersha View Post
https://www.mydealz.de/deals/lenovo-...-panel-1591052

The Lenovo Ideapad 3 is available on their German site.

Can use mygermany.com for shipping which is down as 6 weeks expected time.
Good price but the German keyboard would be annoying
bergipau is online now  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-05-2020, 13:19   #557
Zardoz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibersha View Post
https://www.mydealz.de/deals/lenovo-...-panel-1591052

The Lenovo Ideapad 3 is available on their German site.

Can use mygermany.com for shipping which is down as 6 weeks expected time.
It might appear on the Irish site tomorrow ,Germany seems to be the first region in Europe that they add new models.
Zardoz is offline  
Thanks from:
24-05-2020, 13:20   #558
BeansBeans
Registered User
 
BeansBeans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 581
Just to continue my saga, laptop is doing a tour of Asia, it's currently in Korea. Expected date of delivery the coming Wednesday. It will probably be in Malaysia tomorrow

Last edited by BeansBeans; 24-05-2020 at 13:33.
BeansBeans is offline  
24-05-2020, 14:23   #559
dodzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansBeans View Post
Just to continue my saga, laptop is doing a tour of Asia, it's currently in Korea. Expected date of delivery the coming Wednesday. It will probably be in Malaysia tomorrow
The true beauty of BA. Again you actually receive it, you will have totally forgotten ordering in the first place, And then...surprise! For me?!
dodzy is offline  
(2) thanks from:
25-05-2020, 12:11   #560
Jlayay
Registered User
 
Jlayay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 104
The screens on these lower-end Lenovos are pretty rubbish from what I've heard, very few go above 300 nits of brightness and you are stuck with a tn panel.

Will probably spend a bit extra and go for the Yoga Line.
Jlayay is offline  
Advertisement
25-05-2020, 12:37   #561
BeansBeans
Registered User
 
BeansBeans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 581
Whatever about the brightness they are IPS
BeansBeans is offline  
Thanks from:
25-05-2020, 12:38   #562
dos29
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlayay View Post
The screens on these lower-end Lenovos are pretty rubbish from what I've heard, very few go above 300 nits of brightness and you are stuck with a tn panel.

Will probably spend a bit extra and go for the Yoga Line.
That's about the worst effort at trolling I've seen.
dos29 is offline  
25-05-2020, 13:32   #563
Zimmerframe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlayay View Post
The screens on these lower-end Lenovos are pretty rubbish from what I've heard


Quote:
Originally Posted by dos29 View Post
That's about the worst effort at trolling I've seen.

May not be trolling, maybe he just hangs around with people who know nothing or perhaps due to social distancing he misheard, rather than heard.
Zimmerframe is offline  
25-05-2020, 14:07   #564
coldfire1x
Registered User
 
coldfire1x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlayay View Post
The screens on these lower-end Lenovos are pretty rubbish from what I've heard, very few go above 300 nits of brightness and you are stuck with a tn panel.

Will probably spend a bit extra and go for the Yoga Line.
Well you cant get this model for now even if you want to so better off getting the Yoga or something else.
coldfire1x is offline  
Advertisement
25-05-2020, 14:16   #565
dos29
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmerframe View Post
May not be trolling, maybe he just hangs around with people who know nothing or perhaps due to social distancing he misheard, rather than heard.
Have a quick look at post history for them.
I might be wrong, but I doubt it.
dos29 is offline  
26-05-2020, 00:51   #566
Zimmerframe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmerframe View Post
May not be trolling, maybe he just hangs around with people who know nothing or perhaps due to social distancing he misheard, rather than heard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dos29 View Post
Have a quick look at post history for them.
I might be wrong, but I doubt it.
I too doubt you are wrong m8, I was kinda detrolling, untrolling or was it retrolling?
Zimmerframe is offline  
Thanks from:
26-05-2020, 11:22   #567
chrisd2019
Registered User
 
chrisd2019's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 48
Laptop world tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansBeans View Post
Just to continue my saga, laptop is doing a tour of Asia, it's currently in Korea. Expected date of delivery the coming Wednesday. It will probably be in Malaysia tomorrow
I suspect my own laptop is sharing a pallet with your one. Delivery now delayed until Friday, but still appears to be in Korea though.
Anyway still have 3 weeks to go to meet the original delivery date of over 6 weeks from order date
Hopefully they do not use Fastway for the last leg!
chrisd2019 is offline  
26-05-2020, 11:33   #568
snoopsheep
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,740
ha

mine was in dubai yesterday, due here friday also

im not holding out any hope tbh
snoopsheep is offline  
26-05-2020, 11:36   #569
BeansBeans
Registered User
 
BeansBeans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisd2019 View Post
I suspect my own laptop is sharing a pallet with your one. Delivery now delayed until Friday, but still appears to be in Korea though.
Anyway still have 3 weeks to go to meet the original delivery date of over 6 weeks from order date
Hopefully they do not use Fastway for the last leg!
you had a six week timeline for delivery when you ordered?
I actually emailed UPS as I was worried the label was damaged or something. They were not forthcoming, just said it was delayed on the 22nd May and its still in transit. Thanks! Sadly I need the laptop for work, my current one is on its last legs.
BeansBeans is offline  
26-05-2020, 11:50   #570
chrisd2019
Registered User
 
chrisd2019's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansBeans View Post
you had a six week timeline for delivery when you ordered?
I actually emailed UPS as I was worried the label was damaged or something. They were not forthcoming, just said it was delayed on the 22nd May and its still in transit. Thanks! Sadly I need the laptop for work, my current one is on its last legs.
Yes 6 week timeline as it is not the original offer, but one with windows preinstalled and a second harddrive also. Am not under much pressure regarding delivery though, but would be nice to have it seeing as they have taken payment allready.
chrisd2019 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet