Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-05-2020, 11:55   #391
snoopsheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
Metal palm rest?
no, the plastic one

no idea what caused the delay in the first place tbh
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-05-2020, 12:02   #392
McMurphy
Bannned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopsheep View Post
no, the plastic one

no idea what caused the delay in the first place tbh
Cheers - I sadly missed this offer because quite frankly I didn't really need one (at the time) I'm currently in the process of doing an assignment that requires a fair bit of laptop use, and it's becoming more and more evident that i actually do need a new one my near ten year old Asus K43U is on its last legs.

A poster on here *might* be receiving both a metal palm rest model and plastic one and has offered one at cost.

So fingers crossed, otherwise I'm going to buy online.
Thanks from:
14-05-2020, 14:08   #393
Jolt2007

Slight progress with my metal build at last. Green progress bar has moved slightly and it says it's released to manufacturing. No expected shipping or delivery date yet though.
Thanks from:
14-05-2020, 15:01   #394
johndoe77ie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt2007 View Post
Slight progress with my metal build at last. Green progress bar has moved slightly and it says it's released to manufacturing. No expected shipping or delivery date yet though.
What date did you order??
14-05-2020, 15:24   #395
Lord Spence

Rang Lenovo today 20mins on the phone to be told we dont have a ship date for you yet which is exactly what my order status told me, metal palm rest here
Advertisement
14-05-2020, 16:26   #396
BeansBeans

Ordered mine on the 30th (metal palmrest), still no progress beyond order received on the bar. Got an obvious fobbing off email from Lenovo CS yesterday, slow response, they pretty much ignored my email content and said that it is being prepared for shipping. I don't believe a word of it. At this stage I think I'd rather pay more for a laptop and not be messed around.

Just to update: Another response; an extremely condescending response. That my order is a custom one (thanks, i would never have guessed) and it takes 2 - 3 weeks to build this order. Give us more time. No transparency or communication. I just want to know will I be waiting until June or July but they wont even tell me that much.

Last edited by BeansBeans; 14-05-2020 at 16:48.
14-05-2020, 23:01   #397
extremehalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansBeans View Post
Ordered mine on the 30th (metal palmrest), still no progress beyond order received on the bar. Got an obvious fobbing off email from Lenovo CS yesterday, slow response, they pretty much ignored my email content and said that it is being prepared for shipping. I don't believe a word of it. At this stage I think I'd rather pay more for a laptop and not be messed around.

Just to update: Another response; an extremely condescending response. That my order is a custom one (thanks, i would never have guessed) and it takes 2 - 3 weeks to build this order. Give us more time. No transparency or communication. I just want to know will I be waiting until June or July but they wont even tell me that much.

To be fair it did say up to 3/4 weeks for shipping when we were ordering..
Thanks from:
14-05-2020, 23:35   #398
BeansBeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremehalo View Post
To be fair it did say up to 3/4 weeks for shipping when we were ordering..
It was 2 - 3 weeks when I ordered it (which made me hesitate). It's obviously a lack of supply of a part so they may as well be transparent and give some idea of timeline. I could have reordered with standard palmrest. It's not a lot to ask to have some modicum of customer support.

I'm not being unreasonable querying a total lack of progress on the order/info after two weeks.
Thanks from:
14-05-2020, 23:41   #399
JazzyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansBeans View Post
It was 2 - 3 weeks when I ordered it (which made me hesitate). It's obviously a lack of supply of a part so they may as well be transparent and give some idea of timeline. I could have reordered with standard palmrest. It's not a lot to ask to have some modicum of customer support.

I'm not being unreasonable querying a total lack of progress on the order/info after two weeks.
Ordered mine on the 24th and in the same boat.
Advertisement
15-05-2020, 06:48   #400
dos29

I have released to manufacturing this morning.
4500U, 2.6mm screen, metal palmrest and 95W USB C charger.
Hopefully it's not just to fake that things are happening within 3 week timeframe as today is exactly 3 weeks since order confirmed, Apr 24th.
Thanks from:
15-05-2020, 08:31   #401
PaulKK

Just FYI, the 14 inch Intel that I ordered with metal palmrest which got cancelled said released to manufacturing also.

I have reordered this 15 inch AMD version last week (only plastic palmrest available), it's saying late June shipping for me, I got a delay email also.
15-05-2020, 08:48   #402
BJG524

Mine out for delivery today acc to tracking
Thanks from:
15-05-2020, 09:08   #403
BeansBeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dos29 View Post
I have released to manufacturing this morning.
4500U, 2.6mm screen, metal palmrest and 95W USB C charger.
Hopefully it's not just to fake that things are happening within 3 week timeframe as today is exactly 3 weeks since order confirmed, Apr 24th.
Ya mine went to manufacturing this morning (metal palmrest). I am very relieved. My old laptop is on its last legs.
15-05-2020, 09:15   #404
Brock Turnpike

Does anyone know if there is any type of similar deal or similar laptop going that might be worth investing in
15-05-2020, 09:56   #405
McMurphy
Bannned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJG524 View Post
Mine out for delivery today acc to tracking
Great to hear, hopefully one of many of the first wave of happy customers.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion