Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Favourite Fights to Rewatch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭weemcd

Sky sports just posted a load to their YouTube playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL3d0tSgZRDSYB_Zo2fq3_H7Ydv8xiYSj&feature=share

• Registered Users Posts: 54,584 ✭✭✭✭walshb

weemcd wrote: »

Spence-Brook the pick of the bunch there...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Foreman v Holyfield

Bit of a forgotten one, during his comeback, big George shows everyone he can still mix it with the best

His destruction of Frazier is a great watch as well, Howard Cosells commentary is legendary.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

Funny I've found this thread now. Just finished watching Toney vs Mc Callum 1. Two technically excellent fighters going full tilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭weemcd

walshb wrote: »

Haven't seen it, but it's added to the list!

• Advertisement

Hagler v Hearns in 1985, Round 1. As a comment summarised, there was more action in that three minutes than Floyd Mayweather's entire career:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭squinn2912

If you wanted to show an alien what the HW championship of the world is all about, and why it’s the richest prize in sports, this is the fight you show...

I’m late to the party been so busy this last week. Watched the Holyfield Bowe 1 what a great fight. Bowe was a great boxer that jab!! Always thought early 90s Bowe takes Lewis but he left himself very open. Lewis was great at finding a big shot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Tyson vs Ruddock I & II

2 bad tempered all action fights.

Both men dished out some serious punishment in the second fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Queensbury had Hatton v Tszyu up on their youtube last night

not the greatest fight but one i enjoy rewatching

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I found that one too one sided to be interesting. What others are on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

squinn2912 wrote: »
    I’m late to the party been so busy this last week. Watched the Holyfield Bowe 1 what a great fight. Bowe was a great boxer that jab!! Always thought early 90s Bowe takes Lewis but he left himself very open. Lewis was great at finding a big shot

I think Bowe was afraid of Lewis. Lewis had him beaten before they every stepped foot in the ring. If you look up toughness, there should be a picture of Holyfield under the definition.

I found that one too one sided to be interesting. What others are on it?

Spence always a step ahead, but the skill, technique and commitment from both men was superb.

Aesthetically, it was a beautiful looking fight!

Funny I've found this thread now. Just finished watching Toney vs Mc Callum 1. Two technically excellent fighters going full tilt.

One for the purists...

Excellent match. Toney deserved winner..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

For me personally, Tyson v Berbick in the heavyweights...

But overall...I think the 90's supermiddleweights, Collins, Eubank, Benn ...
    throw in Watson, Close etc and these were the fights that got the blood pumping for me..
    Collin's v Eubank was 25 years ago last week... feels like it was only yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭normanoffside

For me personally, Tyson v Bowe in the heavyweights...

But overall...I think the 90's supermiddleweights, Collins, Eubank, Benn ...
    throw in Watson, Close etc and these were the fights that got the blood pumping for me..
    Collin's v Eubank was 25 years ago last week... feels like it was only yesterday

Tyson never fought Bowe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Tyson never fought Bowe?

Berbick!!! Sorry
    I edited it :)

Guys,

Julio Cesar Chavez v Frankie Randall 1 was a great fight

And kind of historic, as Frankie became the first man to beat JCC. I think JCC was 89-0-1 at the time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Diddley Squat

Guys,

Julio Cesar Chavez v Frankie Randall 1 was a great fight

And kind of historic, as Frankie became the first man to beat JCC. I think JCC was 89-0-1 at the time.....

complete with Spoiler :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Diddley Squat

Mosley v De LaHoya I
    A highlight - two P4P best met at their prime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0g_EKs1FMc

complete with Spoiler :D:D

:D

• Advertisement

Salvador Sanchez vs Azumah Nelson

A cracker!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Just watched McCall v Lewis 1 again. No arguments about that stoppage Lewis was all over the place. Lot of people arguing that he’d clean out anyone from today.. I’m not so sure, he’d be giving away over a stone, 2.5 stones in the case of Fury.

Just watched McCall v Lewis 1 again. No arguments about that stoppage Lewis was all over the place. Lot of people arguing that he’d clean out anyone from today.. I’m not so sure, he’d be giving away over a stone, 2.5 stones in the case of Fury.

He was 238 against McCall and was 242-256 thereafter. I don’t think size is an issue here. He was one of the first super heavyweights.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,670 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Everyone over estimates fighters from the past and underestimate the guys in the present

Same in most sports

But a 1 punch KO like the McCall one is not at all applicable to how Fury copes with LL..are you using that whopper shot KO to lessen LLs chances against a relatively light hitting slappy Fury?

LL was a 235-245 HW. Proper big big man...

Deontay fooking Wilder got a draw against Fury...

The McCall shot would have dropped heaps of men through many eras..it’s one single split second punch.

The McCall and Rahman losses would be more applicable to being used to bolster Wilder’s chances v Lewis, not Fury’s chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

weemcd wrote: »

Enjoyed the doc on Vlad. Had forgotten how vulnerable he was in his early career. Serious job to get to where he did. He looked unbeatable for a while.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Salvador Sanchez vs Azumah Nelson

A cracker![/scrap.

Great scrap

Funny, Nelson I think was a little older than Sal, but he was considered ‘green’ at that stage. Nelson had maybe 12/13 fights at that stage, whereas Sal was in the 40s numbers. You could see the experience shine through, and Sal looked stronger and more mature...

I think they were set for a rematch only for Sal to lose his life in a car accident.

Edit: rematch with LaPorte..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Khan v Maidana is a cracking fight. Also Maidana vrs Broner just because of the hiding he gives him.

It's a pity Maidana got those cash out fights v Floyd as i loved watching him, always in a good fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Watched Prince Naseem vs Barerra this morning, great fight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    Watched Prince Naseem vs Barerra this morning, great fight

Theres a documentary following Naseem in the buildup for that fight, well worth a watch.

Advertisement