Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-12-2018, 19:53   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Home View Post
Today was a day that made me feel like I was in my mid-90s, and not quite right in the head.

1. I kept mixing up my words (Spooner would have been proud), and I couldn't remember the word "glaucoma" so I had to ask the internet.
2. I was supposed to go to the post office and then to a specific shop in the next town to get some presents for Christmas, and before leaving the house I had to be reminded to go to the shops, because the thought had gone right out of my head.
3. I lost track of the number of times I said the same thing to the same person at 10-15 minutes intervals. :/
4. My eyesight today is shot.
5. At one stage, as I was about to get out of a parking spot, I had to think long and hard about what side of the road I was supposed to be on.
6. I forgot what else I was going to say, but I know I had something else to add.

For the time being, I'm going to blame chronic sleep deprivation. :/ If I catch up on some lost sleep tonight and I'm better tomorrow, grand, otherwise I think a visit to the doctor might be in order.
Similar happened a friend of ours and it turned out she had a potassium shortage, so some such, which was quickly remedied.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
13-12-2018, 19:58   #77
New Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximiliano Yellow Opera View Post
Similar happened a friend of ours and it turned out she had a potassium shortage, so some such, which was quickly remedied.
Bananas it is! Thanks, S.

Funny that the remedy for not going bananas is indeed bananas.
(2) thanks from:
14-12-2018, 00:36   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybaby1 View Post
I had this jar opening problem recently. There was a speck of sunshine about the other day and I felt just grrrrrrrreat! Right, I'm going to start spring cleaning, sez I. Cleaning out some cupboards I found an old jar of mincemeat, you know the stuff you over-buy at Christmas and never use. Could I open it? Not a bit! Twisted and turned, grimaced and grunted, skin coming off my hands, blood vessels exploding on my neck, not a budge. I left it back on the shelf.....as you do. The next day I attacked it once more.....couldn't move it for love nor money. Handed it to himself. 'Open that for me', sez I. Well, he twisted and turned, grimaced and.....you get the picture. Total failure. I returned the jar to the shelf once more. The next day I held the top of the jar under the hot water tap, dried my hands, dried the jar, twisted it and.......it came off! Tah. Dah. As they say.
Quote:
(Polishes fingernails on shoulder!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubecula View Post
who's nails and who's shoulder? and I am not sure that is polishing them as to me it looks like you are stropping them
Quote:
I posted that so long ago........I forgot why!

Ahh, now I remember! Way back in April it was. Although it could have been referring to something else I suppose. Heaven knows.
Thanks from:
14-12-2018, 00:58   #79
Rubecula

10th of april I believe jellybaby no idea why it showed up as the last post in the thread though
(2) thanks from:
14-12-2018, 06:33   #80
New Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubecula View Post
10th of april I believe jellybaby no idea why it showed up as the last post in the thread though
'twas The Glitch Before Christmas...

...or a very belated, very surprising April's Fool.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
14-12-2018, 16:33   #81
looksee
maybe I will hold off posting on Boards for a bit...

Last edited by looksee; 14-12-2018 at 19:04.
(2) thanks from:
14-12-2018, 16:36   #82

Sorry about your medical woes Looksee. Hope you will be feeling better very soon and back home in the bosom of your family for Christmas. Health is definitely the most important thing, no matter what age we are. I lose words all the time, its most annoying.
03-08-2019, 15:45   #83

I think I may be getting past it when it comes to some Boards forums. I was reading through After Hours and, quite frankly, what now passes for fun or humour saddens me. Everything has become vulgar and foul. Discussions are more aggressive and insults or slights that would not been acceptable a few years ago are now commonplace. The senseless topics being raised and the, seemingly, inability of younger people to deal with common everyday situations or interactions are becoming alien to me. Even five years ago I could go with the flow but now I'm wondering if I need to look elsewhere.
03-08-2019, 20:47   #84
GoneHome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximiliano Yellow Opera View Post
I think I may be getting past it when it comes to some Boards forums. I was reading through After Hours and, quite frankly, what now passes for fun or humour saddens me. Everything has become vulgar and foul. Discussions are more aggressive and insults or slights that would not been acceptable a few years ago are now commonplace. The senseless topics being raised and the, seemingly, inability of younger people to deal with common everyday situations or interactions are becoming alien to me. Even five years ago I could go with the flow but now I'm wondering if I need to look elsewhere.
I'm thinking similar, some of the gibberish in After Hours is beyond belief, I'm only mid 40s but I despair with the goings on there also
Advertisement
03-08-2019, 21:29   #85
looksee
Mod Could the discussion on After Hours be taken to feedback please. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=82

Edit - can I qualify the above a bit by saying that Srameen's post was reasonable as a 'makes me feel older' post, but there is a general rule that forums don't get into discussions about other forums, so for that reason it would be better to leave it as an observation rather than becoming a discussion.

Last edited by looksee; 03-08-2019 at 21:58.
03-08-2019, 21:42   #86
odyssey06

A major cycling race was won by someone born in ... 2000.
07-08-2019, 06:24   #87
saintsaltynuts

Everytime i feel a fart coming along I always wonder will I follow through.
04-04-2020, 18:38   #88
blue5000

I'm only in my early fifties but the grey haired woman in the pantene hair ad is to me the most attractive of the 4 women in the ad.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion