Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

dkod wrote: »
    Hi there. Looking for 2 single odearest Yeats if possible. Price and date of delivery to Ballincollig, Cork please.

Apologies for delay in getting back to you as was in UK since Sunday.

We don't sell Odearest but I looked up the Odearest web site and it is not currently showing as a current model. I can't find anything on line to show what type of mattress it is.

Did you see in a shop or do you have one already ?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Beezkneez!

Yes but there are many different models. The biggest seller in the pine range is a solid pine with a full a 4ft 6in bed on the bottom. This sells for €349. There is also a white one with a 4ft 6in bed on the bottom for €399. Many of the other manufacturers bunks have only a 4ft bed below.

Thanks Mick. Does that include mattresses?
    Looking for a white wooden model with 4ft bed on bottom as i already have mattresses. Thanks

Beezkneez! wrote: »
    Thanks Mick. Does that include mattresses?
    Looking for a white wooden model with 4ft bed on bottom as i already have mattresses. Thanks

Single mattresses from €50 and Doubles from €99. They are made by UK company Airsprung

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

I am looking for a superking base mattress & headboard. What would our options be?

We just bought a house in limerick we have NOTHING lol and we are on a tight budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

any sofa-beds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Amlee

Hi looking for 2 solid double timber bed frames and mattress ? In cork how much please?

Armelodie wrote: »
    any sofa-beds?

Hi, Yes, we have several from metal action (both leather and fabric ) to click clack in faux leather and fabric from €199. We also have some corner sofa beds but not many left. What type do you need ?

http://www.donedeal.ie/livingroom-for-sale/sofa-beds-bigmickeys/6551482

http://www.donedeal.ie/livingroom-for-sale/white-leather-sofa-set-with-sofabed/8322707

Thanks

Amlee wrote: »
    Hi looking for 2 solid double timber bed frames and mattress ? In cork how much please?

Hi

Do you know what type of timber or colour of wood that you prefer ? We have them all. It will be new year before we are in Cork again as our last bed delivery to Cork (Cobh) was despatched yesterday for delivery today.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Jesper

Jesper wrote: »
    Hi BigMick,

I'm looking for a King size mattress only. Medium Firm with a good thickness if possible as I've a very low bed frame. High count of springs i suppose at a good price. Kilkenny city delivery. What can you recommend?
    I'd look at a bedside sideboard if you have one available. Rosewood or dark if possible?
    Cheers Mick.

Hi Mick,
    I was very happy with the mattress you delivered before Christmas.
    As I'm moving into a new empty house I'll have a huge list of items I need now that i know the quality you give. I'll send you an IM for it.

Thanks Bill

Jesper wrote: »
    Hi Mick,
    I was very happy with the mattress you delivered before Christmas.
    As I'm moving into a new empty house I'll have a huge list of items I need now that i know the quality you give. I'll send you an IM for it.

Thanks Bill

Hi Jesper

We are closed for the holiday period but will work on it for you. Glad to hear you are happy with your mattress.

Thanks for the business.

bigmickey.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

I'm looking for a single respa to be delivered to Blanchardstown whenever you are here next. How much would it be?

collegeme wrote: »
    I'm looking for a single respa to be delivered to Blanchardstown whenever you are here next. How much would it be?

Hi collegeme

We don't sell Respa but we have Airsprung singles from €65. We have Sealy Mattress to go for €149. These are a memory/latex mattress. We have Best Rest Semi Ortho (turnable) for €149 also. We have at every price from €65 up to €1200 with about 40 different ones in between. What is your budget ? If €149 is within your budget then the Sealy or the Best Rest models are €149. The Best Rest one is the same mattress that is mentioned throughout this thread and everyone that got them have praised them for value and quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Hi Mick,

wondering if you do this bed in SuperKing size ?

jprender wrote: »
    Hi Mick,

wondering if you do this bed in SuperKing size ?

The mink colour is out of stock in the UK suppliers. They are quoting mid February for back in stock however we have a wide range of really high quality upholstery materials in our shop and if you pick a material we could get a different manufacturer to make one for you in about 2 weeks and it would even be a much stronger bed as well. You can get it custom made to whatever specification you like. Here is one we got made for a customer just before Christmas. Its the one in the main picture of the advert.

http://www.donedeal.ie/bedroom-for-sale/beds-for-sale/6722001

• Registered Users Posts: 41 munwin

Hi Big Mickey,

Can you help ? I am trying to understand something. How come there are beds on different web sites (yours included) called by different names, all at different prices but all using the identical image/room scene. I purchased a bed in Harvey Norman and now I find the same bed on several different web sites in Ireland and Uk for €300 less. For example one of the beds is called Epilson on your site and also on homeline furniture, its call Rochester on a Uk site and its called Cara in Harvey Norman. Another bed is called Fiono on your site, Orla in Harvey Norman and Orbit in homeline furniture. How is this ?

Thanks in advance.

munwin wrote: »
    Hi Big Mickey,

Can you help ? I am trying to understand something. How come there are beds on different web sites (yours included) called by different names, all at different prices but all using the identical image/room scene. I purchased a bed in Harvey Norman and now I find the same bed on several different web sites in Ireland and Uk for €300 less. For example one of the beds is called Epilson on your site and also on homeline furniture, its call Rochester on a Uk site and its called Cara in Harvey Norman. Another bed is called Fiono on your site, Orla in Harvey Norman and Orbit in homeline furniture. How is this ?

Thanks in advance.

The beds are all the same and distributed by the same importer, Limelight Beds from Uk. The only differences are the prices and the packaging. Limelight Beds would have agreed to only give certain models to stores like Harvey Norman in Ireland but the same beds would be still available to the Uk shops and would be on offer in UK at normal prices. I don't want to comment much further at this point for my own reasons apart from saying if you check our prices then you will see we are the cheapest in the country for all of them no matter what name that they are listed under. Where we have a different name on ours it is to keep the price lower and not higher. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭bee_dix

Hi Mick ive bought off you before very happy. a friend is looking at getting 5ft Divan with two to four draws no headboard with something like my rest assured 1000 pocket memory have you anything like that in stock?

bee_dix wrote: »
    Hi Mick ive bought off you before very happy. a friend is looking at getting 5ft Divan with two to four draws no headboard with something like my rest assured 1000 pocket memory have you anything like that in stock?

Hi bee_dix

Yes, always loads similar to that in stock. Get them to give me a call and I can go through all the different options for them. Glad to hear that you are happy with your own purchase. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Hi Mick,

Dropped you an email on Tuesday morning, looking to get a Double Bed & Mattress for my 11 year old son. Was hoping for delivery this week, if possible?

Thanks,
    Eddie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

hi big mickey rep
    we got a kingsize bed from argos half price two years ago, never again lol, the bed is a nightmare
    we moved into a house and bought it quick as an emergency
    worst decision i have ever made, a park bench would be better
    anyway, im scrapping a few quid together aiming to call up to your feb sale so i can get the best bed for my money
    just wondered if when your company deliver do they take away old heaps of sxxt disguised as a bed ?

• Advertisement

eddiem74 wrote: »
    Hi Mick,

Dropped you an email on Tuesday morning, looking to get a Double Bed & Mattress for my 11 year old son. Was hoping for delivery this week, if possible?

Thanks,
    Eddie

Hi Eddie

Got your e mail from yesterday and answered it today. Apologies for delay as we are snowed under with orders at the min. Let us know what you think. Thanks Mick

hi big mickey rep
    we got a kingsize bed from argos half price two years ago, never again lol, the bed is a nightmare
    we moved into a house and bought it quick as an emergency
    worst decision i have ever made, a park bench would be better
    anyway, im scrapping a few quid together aiming to call up to your feb sale so i can get the best bed for my money
    just wondered if when your company deliver do they take away old heaps of sxxt disguised as a bed ?

Hi firestarter51

Yes, free delivery nationwide and yes we take away used beds and mattresses. Call down when you are ready and we will get you sorted. Thanks Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 41 munwin

The beds are all the same and distributed by the same importer, Limelight Beds from Uk. The only differences are the prices and the packaging. Limelight Beds would have agreed to only give certain models to stores like Harvey Norman in Ireland but the same beds would be still available to the Uk shops and would be on offer in UK at normal prices. I don't want to comment much further at this point for my own reasons apart from saying if you check our prices then you will see we are the cheapest in the country for all of them no matter what name that they are listed under. Where we have a different name on ours it is to keep the price lower and not higher. Hope this helps.

Thanks bigmickey.ie. Was away there for few days but I see Harvey Norman has reduced the price of the bed to €589 which still is around €140 dearer than your shop. Will call down to your shop in the near future as need a few bits.

How much is delivery to Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭INPUT INNPUT

munwin wrote: »

How much is delivery to Dublin ?

Free

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

My 2000 pocket spring cashmere and silk kingsize bed arrived yesterday for under 700! Comparable beds, even in sales, were well over a thousand anywhere else.

Service from bigmickey was phenomenal, bed arrived at half past midnight in Longford and he travelled back from Dublin the next morning to pick it up and deliver it before 1pm. The mattress is much bigger than I remember, but he got it up the stairs anyway.

I couldn't recommend him highly enough, prices and service put everywhere else to shame.

First good night's sleep in a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

Looking for a single bed for my son (9).
    Something solid. No metal.
    Anything decent in stock?
    Also, do you have any with under storage?
    Cheers

hi big mickey, or any previous customers, how much of a discount is given at the sale, say if it a grand now what kind of price would i be looking at ? im hoping to get a super king in the feb sale but all depends on price ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Basically what mickey calls a sale is "when he opens up", i.e. once a month or sometimes a bit more often.

Prices are already lower than everywhere else's sale price. The best thing to do is either turn up in longford and poke around (never buy a bed you haven't lain on), or find one elsewhere and ask mickey has he got anything similar and what's the price.

Basically what mickey calls a sale is "when he opens up", i.e. once a month or sometimes a bit more often.

Prices are already lower than everywhere else's sale price. The best thing to do is either turn up in longford and poke around (never buy a bed you haven't lain on), or find one elsewhere and ask mickey has he got anything similar and what's the price.

Oh I thought it was like a clearance sale once a month, I will be going up for a look, long drive from cork but hopefully it's worth it, my last bed was from argos, the floor would be better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭uli84

How to get free delivery when buying from the website?

Advertisement