Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-08-2014, 00:13   #1
DarkyHughes
Banned

How will history remember Cpt. Robert Nairac?

The SAS agent who has been hailed as a hero by some & a lawless maniac by others behind some of the worst atrocities during he mid 70's of the Troubles, linked to things like the Kingsmill massacre to the Dublin and Monaghan bombings.

until he got caught he had a very good run from around 71 - 76 getting a number of top IRA men when his cover was finally blown when he walked into a Republican pub (something he would regularly do to gather int. on Republicans) in South armagh & gave his name of that as a Official IRA man who had just died.

Those who call him a hero attribute this to his bringing to justice of some high profile IRA figures while operating dangerously deep in enemy territory

The ones who say he was a maniac are some high profile British Army members who say he organized the Dublin bombings & other massacres like kingsmill & the Miami showband killings because he was against the 75 ceasefire & wanted inflame sectarian tensions (he was a Catholic himself) & he was also involved with the Clockwork Orange operation, a military coup that would go ahead if Labor pulled out of Ireland & overthrow the government.

Opinions?
Advertisement
17-08-2014, 08:30   #2

How about some links to back up all your anecdotes of who said what about him? All I know is that his body has never turned up.
(2) thanks from:
17-08-2014, 08:51   #3
tac foley

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkyHughes View Post
The SAS agent who has been hailed as a hero by some & a lawless maniac by others behind some of the worst atrocities during he mid 70's of the Troubles, linked to things like the Kingsmill massacre to the Dublin and Monaghan bombings.

until he got caught he had a very good run from around 71 - 76 getting a number of top IRA men when his cover was finally blown when he walked into a Republican pub (something he would regularly do to gather int. on Republicans) in South armagh & gave his name of that as a Official IRA man who had just died.

Those who call him a hero attribute this to his bringing to justice of some high profile IRA figures while operating dangerously deep in enemy territory

The ones who say he was a maniac are some high profile British Army members who say he organized the Dublin bombings & other massacres like kingsmill & the Miami showband killings because he was against the 75 ceasefire & wanted inflame sectarian tensions (he was a Catholic himself) & he was also involved with the Clockwork Orange operation, a military coup that would go ahead if Labor pulled out of Ireland & overthrow the government.

Opinions?
Opinions are like ***holes. everybody has one.

Let's be seeing some real evidence behind your preposterous accusations, and I'm sure that our opinions will follow pretty quickly.

So far, all we've heard is opinions of 'others'. Would I be far too off the mark in thinking that in posting this diatribe of alleged infamy that you share them?

Time to put up, Sir, or shut up.

tac
(2) thanks from:
17-08-2014, 12:09   #4

Welcome back Tac!
Thanks from:
17-08-2014, 14:45   #5
tac foley

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedroeibar1 View Post
Welcome back Tac!
I couldn't let such errant and baseless tripe information comment calumny opinion go unnoticed.

That last sentence is ludicrous in the extreme.

I call Bullshirt.

tac

Last edited by tac foley; 17-08-2014 at 14:50.
Advertisement
17-08-2014, 22:19   #6

Some say he's the Stig.
19-08-2014, 00:25   #7
Jimminy Mc Fukhead
Banned

Captain Nairac was a spy,
Where is Captain Nairac nigh.
19-08-2014, 07:26   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimminy Mc Fukhead View Post
Captain Nairac was a spy,
Where is Captain Nairac nigh.
After Hours....> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=7

>
(3) thanks from:
19-08-2014, 17:39   #9
Jimminy Mc Fukhead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgement Day View Post
The above was a rhyme you'd hear from kids in catholic areas of belfast once upon a time. All human knowledge is precious whether or not it serves the slightest human use.
Advertisement
20-08-2014, 15:22   #10
DarkyHughes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgement Day View Post
How about some links to back up all your anecdotes of who said what about him? All I know is that his body has never turned up.

At 32:48 the former British officers talk about Nairacs role in the Dublin bomings.

Ken Livingstone mentioned him several times in parliament about linked to massacres. I'm sure you could find it pretty easy.

http://www.nuzhound.com/articles/iri...d_Massacre.php

He was one of the people present at the Miami Showband massacre. Either he's correct or a liar.

Quote:
"I never blamed the people who carried out the atrocity, although I condemn what they did," he said.

"They were pawns being manipulated by a much bigger agenda.

"I never wanted to tar the unionist people with what was done to us that night."

He strongly believes that the Englishman who gave the order for their murders was in fact SAS-trained Captain Robert Nairac, who two years later was abducted, killed and his body secretly disposed of by the IRA in south Armagh.

"The guy who gave the orders was definitely a well-educated English, military man," he said.

"I remember hearing his clipped English tones and seeing him standing there like an action man in his fatigues.

"He was definitely the man in charge. I am convinced it was Robert Nairac."

Last edited by DarkyHughes; 20-08-2014 at 15:37.
20-08-2014, 17:38   #11

Quote:
The SAS agent ...
what exactly is an SAS agent? the SAS are soldiers. Anyway, he wasnt SAS. He may have received training from them (as would most members of 14 INT, the unit he was actually part of).
20-08-2014, 18:44   #12

Quote:
Ken Livingstone mentioned him several times in parliament about linked to massacres. I'm sure you could find it pretty easy.
Quote:
"The guy who gave the orders was definitely a well-educated English, military man," he said.

"I remember hearing his clipped English tones and seeing him standing there like an action man in his fatigues.

"He was definitely the man in charge.
Hmmmm. Definitely proof, that, but......we have to consider that fits 100% of British Army officers.
Thanks from:
20-08-2014, 23:57   #13
tac foley

Dear Mr Hughes, thank you for posting those interesting links. Until you did so I had never heard of them, but then, in both cases they were published/transmitted in the RoI, and at the time of those occurences - some twenty years ago - I was four thousand miles away, so I can hardly be blamed for missing out on them. I note that in the intervening years ago nothing has been done to bring the [surviving] perpetrators to justice.

And for Mr pedroeibar1, I was a officer in the British Army, and nobody has ever accused ME of having 'clipped' English tones.

tac
Thanks from:
20-08-2014, 23:57   #14

He was just another Dickhead who thought Paddy was an ejit
21-08-2014, 09:00   #15
who the fug

AS ever with Northern Ireland 2 + 2 = 5

From reading about him , I reckon more Walter Mitty than super SAS agent, to go to a rural pub pretending to be Irish.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion