Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rest In Peace Pygmalion - Condolences thread only - No Chat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

It's scary and worrying and I hope to god he's ok wherever he is! and fair f*cks to boards.ie for all the publicity and support! Mon Pyggy, we'll find ya <3

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Please christ he'll be found safe and well soon, shared it on facebook.

Having weird weekend, had greatful night out last night and didnt even wake up hungover. On other hand im really worried about my friend, he has been acting strange and really down and im not sure what to do..

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

Come back soon Pyggy we really miss you <3 Soccy is willing to give you the best beard award! Not seeing his name in IRC has made it so real :(

Gotta say it's real heartwarming how everyone is banding together to try and help even if it's just a facebook or a tweet! I love C&H!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

Hopefully he'll just turn up for his labs/classes tomorrow and it'll all just have been a big mix up or something.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

I didn't realise it was a boardsie til I came here,I didn't recognise his real name but I recognised his distinguishable face. Does anybody have any clue? This is so terrible :( I hope he is ok wherever he is..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

There's been a facebook page set up to help find out any information: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Paul-Bunbury/344019265618990

I edited the opening post to include it

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

seanbmc wrote: »
    I really hope both people are fouind, this is horrible and as QoL said it makes it real for you when you see it on the news. :(
    Neidín has been located, hopefully Paul will be soon as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Lawliet wrote: »
    There's been a facebook page set up to help find out any information: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Paul-Bunbury/344019265618990

I edited the opening post to include it

The likes on that page are growing fairly rapid, more publicity can only help. Hope he's found soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

This is really awful. :( First thing I saw when I went online over here in China was the notice of his disappearance.

This may sound strange but one of the first things that jumped into my mind when I read the announcement was this post he made ages ago that had me laughing for ages when I first saw it. I swear, if he turns up safe and well, I am writing that poem for him!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Hope he is found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Having spoke to him on IRC a bit he always came across as a funny and really nice guy. As somebody said earlier it's strange how personal things like this are when you've just talked to somebody through an internet forum. Hope he's found ok soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Carri

Hey..

I'm organising for people to campaign (if that's the right word) in O'Connell St. today.
    Handing out a few fliers and asking around.

As posted in the DCU forum:
    Carri wrote: »
    Meet Albert Park side of DCU Hub @ 3pm. We'll be taking the bus to town - 3:15pm at the latest.
    Hopefully we'll have enough people to have some by the bus stops and some by the spire.
    Feel free to PM me if you wish to meet in city centre.

If any of you guys want to come and meet us in O'Connell St at about 3:45pm, you're more than welcome :)

Carri

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Please come back, Pyg. You can have Davidius all to yourself, I swear. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Realised yesterday that Pygmalion was the missing guy. So horrible. :( Haven't been able to stop thinking about him since.
    Never really talked to him on Boards but was always amused by his posts. Hope that wherever he is that he is safe and well. Come home soon please!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

There's pictures of him everywhere in UCC...no word at all yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but according to the facebook group Paul[Pygmalion]'s remains were found in the liffey today,they've called for anyone who sees a poster to take it down.Im pretty sure everyone here is in the group so you can see the announcement for yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I'm so sorry to post this, but Pygmalion's remains were found today:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Searching-for-the-Missing-in-Ireland-and-International/215061081856522

I don't really know what to say, my deepest sympathies to his family and friends

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Just saw that there. Holy shít.

RIP Pygmalion. You'll be fondly remembered here. Such horrible news :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Damn. R.I.P pal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

You always wanted me to post in here again, here you go buddy.

The world is less brilliant with out you. I will not forget you. <3 Pyggy

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I can't believe this...I just don't know what to say.

R.I.P. Pyg :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Wow, I really didn't see that coming, thought he could have just went somewhere to get away :(

RIP

xx

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

This is so sad. I never knew Paul but he sounds like a great guy, God only knows what his family and friends must be going through. R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Only earlier on Pyggy crossed my mind :( RIP Pyg, a great contribution to boards.ie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Oh no.... so so sad for his family, I really thought he would be found alive and well....

Judging by his intelligent, funny and polite posts during my time on boards, he must have been an absolute pleasure to know in person, and have made a positive impact on a lot of people.

My condolences to all his family and friends. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I honestly thought he would come home and it'll be all over.

I never expected this. RIP Pyg

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

:( This is really heartbreaking. RIP Pygmalion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Very sad.

RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Every evening I logged in and checked here and the DCU forum for news. I am in absolute shock right now. RIP Pygmalion and God help his family and friends right now. Very, very sad.

Advertisement