Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-06-2020, 19:31   #1
GrumpyMe

Dell Support Assist

I know that for those who might have subscribed to Dell support this would not be classed as a Virus & Malware. However I don't subscribe and the bloody thing is popping up on screen telling me it is going to start its scan in 30/29/28/27....
Two options Run Now or Run Later. Run Later leaves the dialog box on screen for hours(probably 30 seconds to a minute)

I really want a third option "Feck off and never run again"!

Any hints as to how to get the third option?
Ta.
Advertisement
02-06-2020, 22:38   #2
muffler

Clicking on Start you should see it in the list of programmes in a folder titled Dell. Im not sure if there is an uninstall option there. However if you open the Control Panel and Select "Programmes and features" and then "uninstall a programme" you will see it. Its called DellSupportAssist. Highlight it and you will see an option then to uninstall.

Hope that works for you.
03-06-2020, 05:51   #3
GrumpyMe

Thanks - couldn't see it in the pop up start and so was confused as to how to remove. As you say it was in the list at Control Panel - something I've often used before but haven't needed in so long it went off the radar. Ta for the heads up.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion