Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scotty Kilmer has the biggest YouTube car DIY channel

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MrCostington

RobAMerc wrote: »
    surely Harrys Garage is the only place to go

And thanks to Harry I was introduced to Iain Tyrell - each video seems to just last 5 min, two gentleman discussing cars, no over excited shouting or stupid music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG2Gwh-H7YE

Iain has his own channel now

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2pQT90JBqbMHSVLtbJBvyw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

And thanks to Harry I was introduced to Iain Tyrell - each video seems to just last 5 min, two gentleman discussing cars, no over excited shouting or stupid music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG2Gwh-H7YE

Iain has his own channel now

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2pQT90JBqbMHSVLtbJBvyw

Agreed - Iain Tyrells stuff is very enjoyable - like Harry's, its for the real petrol heads though.

Car Throttle I am sure is good as Alex Kersten seem like a decent bloke, he has some good videos of Phil is MX5

Supercar Blondie is an ok watch sometimes - ( in a different league, almost seems like it was created by some bloke so everyone could be jealous of this lifestyle and his mrs )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭ofcork

Supercar blondie gets a bit of a doing off for not actually knowing much about cars especially after that devel sixteen review.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

ofcork wrote: »
    Supercar blondie gets a bit of a doing off for not actually knowing much about cars especially after that devel sixteen review.

Yeah, but to be fair like, I’d still watch her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭ofcork

Slightly ot but that devel sixteen is definitely a fake I assume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Goose81 wrote: »
    Samcrac is the best imo, v tuned garage is good aswell. They just buy destroyed exotica mostly and fix them up

I like samcrac but have to say I just don't think richrebuilds is a guy suited to video, very wooden and when he appears in samcrac videos it just seems like the humour is very dry and almost mean for effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

I'm amazed that no one has mentioned SOUP classic motoring. It's homegrown here in Ireland and the editing is incredible! Check out an episode and see what you think:
    https://youtu.be/bRs-4AXb9_U

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Forgot about SOUP actually. The production quality was there from day 1, but he comes across a lot better these days with the bit of experience under his belt.

New episode out today actually

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

For anyone sick of getting Scotty in their feed on YouTube, you can click on the 3 dots on the video recommendation and select 'Don't recommend this channel' et. viola, no more annoying click bait bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Gonna chip in and give a mention for SeenThroughGlass. I think he is totally underrated. He does have a total rich kid accent and is a complete toff, but he is not actually rich or stuck up like some of the others, for example he openly says that all his cars are financed. He is putting out some great content lately (before corona).

His drive the world series last year was great. And his content is really well produced for a one man band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

I have a guy that doesn't seem to have many followers but is great! Basically its a "how it works" on different parts of a car etc.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDt9sBJp3Mne9_8xmb_XoWQ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Other in depths are 'Rich Rebuilds'..electric car Tesla guru, very talented. 'Weber auto' is a university professor amazing content.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

landcrzr wrote: »
    Surprised that no one has mentioned Eric the car guy, likes his Honda's.
    Also Alan Howatt is really good for mondeos up to the current model.
    Have to agree though Scotty Kilmer can be hard to listen to.

Alan Howatt is great, as a mondeo owner, his info is invaluable.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭AuldDaysul

Vtuned for rebuilds
    Diagnose Dan for troubleshooting
    South Main Auto for rust
    Ratches and Wrenches DIY stuff
    Tonys refinishing for paint
    Car Cleaning Guru for valeting
    Mad4Motors is a decent Irish DIYer

I watch the usuals like garage54, samcracc, rich rebuilds and car throttle but these are more entertainment channels than anything else.

I watch scotty from time to time just for a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

hoodie6029 wrote: »
    Youtube has been pushing his videos to me ever since.
    RINO87 wrote: »
    Cannot stand that man, and the same as yourself YouTube keep pushing his vids everytime I open it. Dunno why, I haven't clicked on one of his vids in over a year.

On youtube homepage hover over a video and beside the title three dots appear.
    Click into them and you can say you are not interested in a specific video which will effect your preferences or you can say not to recommend that channel at all.

Even if you havn't watched much of his stuff if you watch stuff that other people who also watch scotty watch it might recommend him.

I've watched a few times and has helped with a specific problem but wouldn't be pushed on him.

Toms turbo garage is very good he has a few project builds as well as other bits and pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Car Throttle - Light hearted and enjoyable videos
    Road & Race - Kind of boring but still a good watch.
    Autoshine Blackpool - A trained mechanic who does valeting. Very enjoyable. "Hello guys and gurrals" :D
    Doug DeMuro - "Thiiiiiiiisssss is......." your usual high-pitched American voice. Many "quirks and features" from this guy and the cars he reviews.
    Chris Fix - Recently got into watching his videos and I like them.
    Forensic Detailing - What I would consider to be the main UK detailing YouTube channel. Jon is very good and entertaining. Knows his stuff and is a wealth of knowledge.
    Pan the Organizer - The Canadian version of Forensic Detailing. As some say Pan is great at reading product labels and likes to show off his "high end" stuff.

What I HATE with a passion is that all these videos have the same thing at the end - "Please subscribe if you like my videos and "smash" that like button"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ShedTower

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTH03chB4PrMBQf6iK7eDCg/videos

Very in depth explanations on how car parts work. The closest thing to a proper online course I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I really enjoy Goonzquad, hard not to be taken in by their positive energy and fearlessness in tackling anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Really enjoy High Peak Autos, almost like ASMR for me. Watch every video even if I've no interest in the car or platform.

Does anyone know of a UK/Ireland equivalent of ChrisFixIt?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Eric the Car guy is the best DIY channel on youtube and he has been making videos for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

Agent_47 wrote: »
    Keeps himself anonymous, wish Bob Flavin would do us all a favour and become permanently anonymous, ie stop posting videos, he is full of crap

I will take your words and remember them forever or a least as long as it takes me to type this senta...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

Thank you!

Advertisement