Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bbq

• 10-04-2020 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

It's that time of year again for people to have a BBQ outside with your household instead of eating inside. Anybody seeing any offers for a gas BBQ or have discount codes etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Alanvtec

I'd just like to bump this because im looking at getting a gas bbq, don't really minding spending a bit just want to get good Value one thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Wait until next month, Homestore More be doing their special offers on gas BBQ's. If they're open that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

van_beano wrote: »
    Wait until next month, Homestore More be doing their special offers on gas BBQ's. If they're open that is.

They alway have their bbq sale staring the june bank holiday weekend. Out last homestore bbq does last summer, I will probably buy another this year, but I would like to buy one sooner.

bergipau wrote: »
    They alway have their bbq sale staring the june bank holiday weekend. Out last homestore bbq does last summer, I will probably buy another this year, but I would like to buy one sooner.

Just checked old e-mails, it was May in 2018 anyways. Just in case you buy one tomorrow then next week they tell you it’s part of the May offer

• Registered Users Posts: 23,298 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lidl had a 3 Burner Gas Wagon BBQ for e200, first week of May last year.
    They tend to repeat their offers every year

Aldi had similar in May for e130 a few years ago
    http://offers.kd2.org/en/ie/aldi/pcfoP/

Aldi had/have this one on 02/04
    https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:M3EXehxv4A4J:https://www.aldi.ie/dual-fuel-bbq/p/701099322160600+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

• Advertisement

van_beano wrote: »
    Just checked old e-mails, it was May in 2018 anyways. Just in case you buy one tomorrow then next week they tell you it’s part of the May offer

Excellent, you are correct it is normally the may bank holiday weekend.
    Now all we need is the shops to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Excellent, you are correct it is normally the may bank holiday weekend.
    Now all we need is the shops to open.

If not, hopefully they’ll be available online. Missing my home store fix

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/113888940600
    4 burner from Argos for under 120 delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Home store email in this morning. BBQ’s half price and available for delivery. I want to get a new BBQ myself so having a look. As a side note, can BBQ’s be left out all year round or do they really need to be stored in a shed in the winter?

Home store email in this morning. BBQ’s half price and available for delivery. I want to get a new BBQ myself so having a look. As a side note, can BBQ’s be left out all year round or do they really need to be stored in a shed in the winter?

Mine does be left out all winter with a cover over it, works grand the following year, no major rust

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

I have left my 4 burner BBQ outdoor over the past few years. I got it from home store and more at the time. I have a cover 9n it tied down over the w8nter

This is year 4 now and on opening up I see s9me of the burners are seriously corroded. The burner 4 dropped off leav8ng me with just 3 burners now

I suppose you could say if you happ6bto get say 4 years out of a BBQ .... then leavin* outdoor is f8ne

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Lidl BBQ is out on the 30th with accessories for sale too.
    Anyone buy it before and recommend?
    Home store half price on BBQs too but they definitely don't look the original price!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 villamar

SuperValu have a three burner on sale for €199 approx at the moment

I am planning on purchasing the 6 burner form homestore, but 50 delivery is steep

I am planning on purchasing the 6 burner form homestore, but 50 delivery is steep

That’s me out, even at 25 I think is high

matchthis wrote: »

Ya..... €50 is taking the Michael!!! To be honest.... the 6 burner at a RRP old over €500 is cloud cuckoo land stuff.

matchthis wrote: »

I am the same. No way I will pay that for delivery. I’d prefer to put the 50 into a better quality bbq.
    Their prices are good and if I could collect I’d order one now, but I will not pay 50.
    This is what I am looking at now
    https://www.buyitdirect.ie/p/iq-6-burner-gas-bbq-with-side-burner.-free-accessory-pack-includes-bbq-cover-and-utensil-set-iqbq6bchts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭chases0102

I see Aldi have a BBQ out on Thursday, for 80 Euros. It has been out before, can any recommend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭kennyt

I am the same. No way I will pay that for delivery. I’d prefer to put the 50 into a better quality bbq.
    Their prices are good and if I could collect I’d order one now, but I will not pay 50.
    This is what I am looking at now
    https://www.buyitdirect.ie/p/iq-6-burner-gas-bbq-with-side-burner.-free-accessory-pack-includes-bbq-cover-and-utensil-set-iqbq6bchts

Did you buy this? Would you recommend it? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Would these be the bbqs that are twice the price they are worth and discounted to "half price"

Why not add a few bottles of Tesco "half price" wine that is artificially put at €16-€18 for a few days to make mugs of their customers.

Basically, the so called "half price" offers are a cod. They are probably OK value at the "half price" but don't for one minute think you are getting a bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭kennyt

kennyt wrote: »
    Did you buy this? Would you recommend it? thanks

No I didn’t.
    I got one of these

https://www.topline.ie/garden-outdoors/outdoor-living/bbqs-outdoor-cooking/gas-bbq/landmann/grill-chef/6-burner-gas-bbq

It’s ok. I paid 350 for it, it’s worth that but I wouldn’t pay more for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭tommyombomb

Bump anyone seeing any deals or codes on gas bbqs. Looking for medium sized one. Willing to spend 200-300 but if quality available can stretch. Weber appears to be best or else best at marketing. Any ideas greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭otterj

Any good black Friday deals on BBQs out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

otterj wrote: »
    Any good black Friday deals on BBQs out there?

https://thegardenhouse.ie/product/shop/bbqs-at-the-garden-house/weber-q2200/

I’m thinking of buying that. Seems to be €400 in most places.

Just pulled the trigger on this baby ...

https://shop.barrelkings.com/en/barrelq-big-original.html

at least it will be a talking point among my guests!!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭gallantman

Anyone seen any bargains recently ?

Have an Outback 2 grill / 1 plate gas BBQ for the last 15 years - needs replacing.

Any suggestions ?

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 6,997 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Masala wrote: »
    Just pulled the trigger on this baby ...

https://shop.barrelkings.com/en/barrelq-big-original.html

at least it will be a talking point among my guests!!

Have you tried this out yet? It looks like it would be kind of awkward to feed more coal into it (only through the top is it?)

Have you tried this out yet? It looks like it would be kind of awkward to feed more coal into it (only through the top is it?)

Hi.... no have not opened yet.

YES- coal is thru the top but the coal-rack is probably only 6-8 inches down from the top. So I dont see it as a major problem - just light up and then put on the top grill with the food on it and cook away!

I suppose the awkward part will be cleaning out the ashes as I expect I will have to turn the barrel upside-down to empty same out!

I suppose the real reason I got it was that it can stay outside over the winter with a cover on it. And I like it as a 'piece-of'furniture' that can sit on my patio as a talking point !! and I can out by bottle of beer on it while I potter about!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,997 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Masala wrote: »
    Hi.... no have not opened yet.

YES- coal is thru the top but the coal-rack is probably only 6-8 inches down from the top. So I dont see it as a major problem - just light up and then put on the top grill with the food on it and cook away!

I suppose the awkward part will be cleaning out the ashes as I expect I will have to turn the barrel upside-down to empty same out!

I suppose the real reason I got it was that it can stay outside over the winter with a cover on it. And I like it as a 'piece-of'furniture' that can sit on my patio as a talking point !! and I can out by bottle of beer on it while I potter about!!

It looks really cool! Making one occupied my thoughts for a few months a few years back, never got around to it though.

I just thought that for longer cooks it would be hard to add more coals to keep it going as you'd have to remove the food first.

Advertisement