Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-11-2019, 10:16   #91
miamee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AttentionBebe View Post
You can download free audiobooks and ebooks with your Irish public library card using Borrowbox, you just need your account up to date.
I was just coming in here to post the same, it is such a fantastic service! I don't think I'd have read half as many books this year without it. If I have nothing to read I just need to browse on my phone and pick something I like the look of.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-11-2019, 11:00   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamee View Post
I was just coming in here to post the same, it is such a fantastic service! I don't think I'd have read half as many books this year without it. If I have nothing to read I just need to browse on my phone and pick something I like the look of.
What do you need to do to loan books from a public library in Ireland?
22-11-2019, 11:29   #93
miamee

To get a library card you need to bring photo ID and a proof of address to the library and they'll give you a card and activate it for you. Make sure you also get them to set up a PIN for you if you want to use the BorrowBox app as you'll need that to log in with.

You can also order physical books online to be reserved or sent from another library to your local one for you (also need your PIN for this) - I have done this many times, it's a great service and usually only takes a few days.
(3) thanks from:
24-11-2019, 14:46   #94
New Home

And while you're at it, ask them if they have an "Open Library" facility and if they can set your card to allow you access.
02-12-2019, 13:01   #95
sheran

Glad I found this thread, I was looking for free PDF versions of books for my kindle, hopefully, I'll find what I'm looking for in some of these links
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-12-2019, 18:27   #96
seefin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AttentionBebe View Post
You can download free audiobooks and ebooks with your Irish public library card using Borrowbox, you just need your account up to date.
Will I be able to download books from borrowbox to my phone and then send to a kobo Clara reader? You download an asmx file open with Adobe digital editions on phone? If then copy the epub onto kobo, will I be able to read or does it have to be read on phone where it was downloaded?
23-03-2020, 19:01   #97
Manach

On Amazon.com it looks like "Cornell University Press" are giving away many of their academic title. Search for the term "Cornell University Press", there is an eceltic chpice.
02-04-2020, 10:20   #98
wreade1872

Archive.org opened up a new section for the emergency https://archive.org/details/nationalemergencylibrary .
(2) thanks from:
18-04-2020, 17:02   #99
Manach

For World book day, Amazon are giving away some titles for the week: link.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
23-04-2020, 17:27   #100
miamee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manach View Post
For World book day, Amazon are giving away some titles for the week: link.
All still available, that's made my day, thanks Manach

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion