Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best machine for leather upholstery

Options
  • 25-11-2019 10:10pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am looking for recommendations for the best machine for
    sewing car upholstery in leather.

Thanks
    kadman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

I recommend either an old vintage metal bodied Singer/Jones machine or a modern Juki industrial machine.

Don’t bother with the modern cheap Singer Heavy duty badged machine. It won’t sew through thick layers or leather easily.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Went with a Pfaff 463 in the end up.

I already have an old Singer 29k which is a great hand operated machine for leather.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

Singer, Juki and Brothers are the best options. My mother has used Juki for years. Yes, she has worked as a tailoress for years. However, Juki and Singer are also very reliable options for industrial use. Nowadays, my mother wants me to purchase any of these industrial leather machines https://leather-toolkits.com/reviews/best-sewing-machines-for-leather/ to start a new leather clothing business.

But I don't want her to work more. However, I would love to buy one of these machines because of their classic features. If you want very specific answer then I will suggest you to go with Singer 4423. It is not a heavy duty one but also budget-friendly. Its maximum sewing speed is 1,100 stitches per minute. In the same token, JUKI TL-2010Q is also a very good industrial heavy-duty machine with classic features.

This article https://www.ae-sewingmachines.co.uk/blog/best-industrial-sewing-machine-leather/ would probably also assist you in the selection of right industrial leather sewing machine. By the way, you can also include Juki DU-1181N and Juki DU-1281-7 to stitch a variety leather range.

Advertisement