Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work experience at airport

• 09-12-2019 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi
    I have a strong interest in aviation, Next year I will be in TY and I am wondering do any airports offer work experience? I know it’s not advertised, but I really just want to be in the airport environment. My closest airports would be Waterford and Cork. Just want to know is this something that I could look into for TY
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I did it in Cork Airport, it was 15 years ago though. I had a connection to the head of the police and fire service there so got to see everything but I think I would have got the same experience if I didn't know someone. Connection has retired unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 J_Fitz

TheChizler wrote: »
    I did it in Cork Airport, it was 15 years ago though. I had a connection to the head of the police and fire service there so got to see everything but I think I would have got the same experience if I didn't know someone. Connection has retired unfortunately.
    I don’t have any connections in either of the airports, but it’s still worth the chance. I might have a better chance at Waterford since it’s smaller but I’ll look into both anyway.

Advertisement