Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pony overdue

• 06-12-2019 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭

A friend has a Shetland pony which was due to give birth around the end of October or beginning of November. One month later, the pony still hasn't foaled. I asked my friend if the dates were accurate and they insist they are.
    Is it normal for a pony to be so long overdue?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Moved from Animals & Pets. Please note the Equestrian forum charter now applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

So long as the mare is not uncomfortable, I wouldn't worry about her being overdue. However, a winter foal is very unusual. It might be worth a quick vet visit to make sure all is going okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭Odelay

Is it the mares first foal? It’s not unusual for the first one to be a month overdue. Still worth a vets visit, they’ll check for a heart beat easily and won’t cost a fortune.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Mares can actually decide not to foal if they are moved / routine has changed , so keep that in mind .

Advertisement