Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Separation and covid 19

• 28-05-2020 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Just looking for a bit of advice myself and my ex husband separated going on 4 years now three children I am working full time with main care of children he works part time and takes kids on and off if and when pleases . Durung original phase of lockdown I had agreed to access in my house so kids could continue to see their father due to the fact he lived with his mothe and I could continue to work due to lack of childcare. this has brought a lot of challenges as he had taken kids while I worked I had gone to him a few times to try make alternative arrangements which he couldn't offer alternative and basically told me I would be expected to give access in my house for forseeble I amnt Happy with same as you can imagine and have asked him to offer an alternative . He then self cut maintenance of his own accord and basically took advantage of situation . Am I within rights to refuse access until he can offer an alternative

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I don't think you should refuse access to the kids as that would be to their detriment. I don't know what alternative arrangements you expect him to provide, particularly as he is working part-time, living with his mother and providing childcare while you work. I suspect the reason he cut the maintenance is primarily because he is taking more responsibility for child minding.

Realistically the only thing you can do is to go the legal separation route; but given the situation you describe, I don't think you'll get the outcome you quite wish for. The more usual scenario is your roles being reversed and you'd be the one paying out substantial maintenance so that he could be in a position to accommodate the kids. Mine is just an opinion with no legal basis, just 2cents, but I am familiar with a similar personal
    situation to yours (even to the extent that the Judge stated he can be forced to host the kids in his mothers home).

Advertisement