Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

League of Ireland betting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

***LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS***

Going to keep this short and sweet as it's a school night and lacking time!

Athlone -v- Bohemians - 7.45pm
    Both Teams to Score @ 5/6 - MEDIUM

Dundalk -v- Derry - 7.45pm
    Dundalk win @ 11/10 - SMALL

make-it-rain-guys.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Keep it up Gavin, up to your usual standard again, well in !!

***LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS***

UCD -v- Dundalk - 7.45pm
    7th -v- 2nd, UCD go into this game on the back of losing 2-0, while Dundalk are on a high after disposing Derry 3-0 on Monday.
    UCD are missing two first teamers in their already small enough squad, with another possible first teamer being out. Injured: Ian Ryan (foot), Ayman Ben Mohamed (knee) while Doubtful: Mark Langtry. Dundalk have one first team doubtful but should be coverable.
    Dundalk should be able to utilise their chances/possession unlike Rovers on Monday, this should be at least a 2-0 win.

Dundalk -1 Asian @ 7/10 (10Bet/Marathon) - MEDIUM

Cork City -v- Sligo Rovers - 7.45pm
    In form Cork face up to extremely out of force Sligo. Cork City go into this game on the back of 5 wins on the trot, scoring 14 goals and only conceding 1. While Sligo have won just 1 in their last 5, losing 3 and drawing once.
    Cork are still missing 4 players, while Sligo have a few injuries of their own most notably Conneely in defence and North & Cretaro up front.
    Corks match on Monday was called off so they'll be fresh for this, while Sligo had a tough physical match by all accounts against Drogheda on Monday, add into the fact Cork have been getting near sell outs in Turners Cross should be good motivation for the team.

Cork win @ 6/4 (Bet365) - SMALL/MEDIUM

Drogheda Utd -v- Bray Wanderers - 7.45pm
    This bet wasn't agreed on by us all but it looks a good bet from my point of view. BTTS has come in, in 5 of Droghedas 6 League games this season and in Brays last 4 games.

Both Teams To Score @ 17/20 (Ladbrokes) - SMALL

St. Pats -v- Shamrock Rovers - 7.45pm
    Dublin Derby so these can be ropey but both teams should score. Both sides have been scoring loads while conceding so matching them up says BTTS should come in.

Both Teams To Score @ 23/20 (Coral) - SMALL

Rest of the matches:
    Bohs/Lims I'd expect BTTS but no way confident of that.
    Derry should ease past Athlone and get their season going.
    Galway/Shels will be a tight match, possibly Under 2.5 goals/BTTS.
    Finn Harps should be able for Wexford, but they play so negatively from what I seen them put up against Shelbourne on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Cork are a excellent price to win tomorrow. Not biased either when comes betting, but I would make them evens or 10/11.

Ill have some at 6/4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

All over the above -city especially, great price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭francie81

Large stake on Derry @4/11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

I'm probably alone here, but I don't think Cork are a 'great' price. It'll be a very close match, Sligo have been a bit unlucky so far this year, I'm expecting a low scoring draw or maybe a 1-0 win for Cork. I'd not advise anyone going mad on the Cork win.

I'm probably alone here, but I don't think Cork are a 'great' price. It'll be a very close match, Sligo have been a bit unlucky so far this year, I'm expecting a low scoring draw or maybe a 1-0 win for Cork. I'd not advise anyone going mad on the Cork win.

By all accounts they haven't been unlucky at all, they've just been pish poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Bateman wrote: »

Cork+draw, Derry and dundalk @ 1.62

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Bateman wrote: »

the Luas Derby:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭francie81

francie81 wrote: »
    Large stake on Derry @4/11

Boom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I also thought people steaming into Cork was a bit of an over-reaction to a fairly short-term bit of form. I'm also glad they've dropped a couple of points at home now because I wouldn't relish going down there on the 25th to face a team with a 100pc home record

Finally alive after Galway away! 93rd minute winner down there for Shels was not good for my well-being! Very disappointed with the bets tbh, obviously the main one won but 1 from 4 is poor. Onwards and upwards in what's been a profitable season to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

any tips on the pats vs sligo game?

masti123 wrote: »
    any tips on the pats vs sligo game?

Avoiding the Setanta Cup this week personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭spurshero

i think the 9 to 5 about galway to beat wexford is worth a punt this week . galway more than held their own against shels last week and i think as season goes on and players get to know each other better results will improve .i certainly think their better than current league position suggests and i think they will show that this week .

spurshero wrote: »
    i think the 9 to 5 about galway to beat wexford is worth a punt this week . galway more than held their own against shels last week and i think as season goes on and players get to know each other better results will improve .i certainly think their better than current league position suggests and i think they will show that this week .

Issue with Galway on Friday against us was that they couldn't score in a brothel!

Sligo Rovers -v- UCD - 7.45pm
    Sligo look to finally have gotten their season on track after smashing ST. Pats 5-1 in the Setanta Cup on Monday and will hope to continue on from there. Jeff Henderson and Seamus Conneely could be back for Sligo which would be big additions. Keeping this short and sweet, expecting Sligo to win by at least 2 here on front of their biggest crowd of the season.
    Sligo -1.75 Asian @ 4/5 (General) - MEDIUM
    Bray Wanderers -v- Derry City - 5pm
    Bray Wanderers are missing up to 6 first teamers again for the visit of Derry, although they did have most missing last week when beating Drogheda 2-0. Derry missing up to 3.
    There's been a total of 20 goals in Brays last 5 League games, and 11 in Derrys last 5 games.
    Both Teams To Score stats aren't as good but Bray will bag at home while Derry should be able to bag at least two.
    Over 2.5 Goals @ EVENS (Boyles) - SMALL
    Both Teams To Score @ 5/6 (General) - SMALL
    Wexford Youths -v- Galway FC - 8pm
    Wexford sitting unexpectedly in 2nd place after 6 games, while title challengers Galway sit in 5th.
    Galways only win has come against bottom side Cobh and I seen why last Friday when Shelbourne visited Galway. They simply can't score nor utilise their chances whatsoever. Fancy Wexford to pen them back like Shels last week and try get them on the counter, one things sure is Wexford shouldn't lose at home to these.
    Wexford DNB @ 20/21 (StanJames) - SMALL
    Rest of the matches:
    Cork should win at home, BTTS could be a decent bet too.
    Dundalk/Rovers - Dodgy match to predict, Rovers could have snatched a win against these on Monday in the Setanta Cup while resting the majority of their defence/keeper. BTTS could be a bet here but dodgy.
    Limerick/Athlone - No Bet.
    Pats/Bohs - Pats will be on the rebound, should win but Overs/BTTS would be better choices.
    Shels/Cobh - Wanted Shels -1.75 but missing 3 first team players most likely.
    Waterford/Rovers B - No Bet.

We will have to wait and see Gavin . Good write up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

Sligo vs UCD BTTS 11/10 Sligo should win this and UCD have scored in most games this season. Bray vs Derry selection Bray +1 6/5 I was very impressed with Brays organisation last week, granted we were muck. Derry on the other hand haven't impressed under Roddy and I think there is value in the +1 Dundalk v Rovers selection Dundalk 6/5 Rovers haven't got much on the road against the top sides this season so far. Dundalk as much as it pains me to say have been clicking well recently since we tore them one on the first day, I think they will win this one. Possible small interest in Dundalk win and BTTS also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Bray are an utter sickening team they score a load or else they keep missing

Going with some of Gavin's bets above and I fancy a dabble with win btts swell. city...pats...Sligo...5/2...2/1....13/5 singles and a small go at the 37/1 ish treble.

Nice evening for it .....might help with the goals we all need.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Going with some of Gavin's bets above and I fancy a dabble with win btts swell. city...pats...Sligo...5/2...2/1....13/5 singles and a small go at the 37/1 ish treble.

Nice evening for it .....might help with the goals we all need.

City win 3-1 ..... Pats win 3-1. And Sligo win 5-0. 2 come in but the early red card ucd really scuppered what could have been a super night.

spurshero wrote: »

Hope a few followed . Not bad for my first post on site . Hopefully we can pick another winner next week

Main bet wins but the Smalls were disastrous, the rest of the matches part was nearly spot on ffs!

i have backed both teams to score in athlone v dundalk at 5 to 4 . medium sized bet . while dundalk have impressed me in attack i think their shaky at back .they have only kept 2 clean sheets in 8 league games .athlone are poor but am taking a chance their going to score in what should be an open game . steve o donnell out for rest of season for dundalk is huge loss as he sometimes sits in front of back 4 . im taking it for granted dundalk will score against weakest defence in league

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Bohs v Sligo
    BTTS 11/8

Bohs have scored in 7 of 8 league games, keeping 1 clean sheet.
    Sligo starting to score goals now have 1 clean sheet in 8 league games and that was against 10 men UCD

***League of Ireland Bets***

No write up as such as it's a Bank Holiday weekend and we've all been busy/hungover, but we've had a chat about the bets we want on. Graeme is up in Dublin for UCD/Cork and should be able to advise, Damo is in work, Aidan might be over at Bohs/Sligo (haven't heard from him) while I'll be around all day too keep an eye inplay.

Bohemians -v- Sligo Rovers - 3pm
    Bohemians have only failed to score in one of their 8 League matches this season, while Sligo seem to be hitting form and bagging goals while still conceding. No major new injury concerns for either.

Both Teams To Score @ 6/4 (Coral) - MEDIUM

Drogheda Utd -v- St. Patricks Athletic - 6pm
    Drogheda and Pats have only both failed to score in one of their 8 League matches this season like Bohs.

Both Teams To Score @ 21/20 (Coral) - MEDIUM

Rest of the matches:
    Derry/Limerick should go under 2.5 goals
    UCD/Cork should be Cork covering the handicap but no Healy or Elding in the side, UCD will want to make sure there's no repeat of Friday too.
    Athlone/Dundak should be Dundalk covering the handicap but they've been playing a lot of games lately, Athlone missing several first teamers including their keeper.
    Rovers/Bray should be Rovers covering the handicap with Bray missing so many first teamers still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Bohs v Sligo
    BTTS 11/8

Bohs have scored in 7 of 8 league games, keeping 1 clean sheet.
    Sligo starting to score goals now have 1 clean sheet in 8 league games and that was against 10 men UCD

Sick Sligo 2-0 FT

Bohemians
    Jason Byrne - Missed Penalty (90' + 5')

Advertisement