Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork - Live at the Marquee - 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Elton John and Alexandre Burke as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

BrianJD wrote: »
    Elton John and Alexandre Burke as well.

And Imelda May and Bell X1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

got my elton john tickets at 9 this morning. delighted with myself :D some one said the marquee will be held in the new arc ? anyone any news on that? seating plan on ticketmaster was the same as usual for the marquee.

got my elton john tickets at 9 this morning. delighted with myself :D some one said the marquee will be held in the new arc ? anyone any news on that? seating plan on ticketmaster was the same as usual for the marquee.

Live at the Marquee will be in the Marquee as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,385 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

is Elton Jonh sold out already? Just checked and no joy.

UPDATE: Just widened my ticket search, for some reason only the expensive tickets (€85 each) are only available. Slap on the €6.35 handling fee and they can f**k the hell out of here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

UPDATE: Just widened my ticket search, for some reason only the expensive tickets (€85 each) are only available. Slap on the €6.35 handling fee and they can f**k the hell out of here.

He played Thomond park a little over a year ago and nearly sold it out, so I would assume he will easily sell out the Marquee.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,802 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Got my ticket this morning too! :D

I expected the standing tickets to be cheaper, got quite a shock when I saw €91 come up!

How many people does the Marquee hold?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I missed Elton John? FFS :(

I should check this forum more often :(

No doubt the wrong thread for the following comment but............. I'm not at all into live music :pac:

Apologies live music lovers, I'll go stand in the corner :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

Anyone know if Lady Gaga is playing the Marquee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

I'd doubt it, two years ago lady gaga was barely known,

apart from the annual christy moore gig it's tricky to judge who'll play there,
    even going by the theory of bands on tour at that time and playing the uk festivals

I wonder what will happen to the festival if the gaa start work on pairc uí chaoimh.
    Don't think they'll be requsting public funds after the money they made from renting out croke park so it's probably a matter of time before they start

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Obligatory condemnation of the overpriced **** that is Live at the Marquee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I'd doubt it, two years ago lady gaga was barely known,

apart from the annual christy moore gig it's tricky to judge who'll play there,
    even going by the theory of bands on tour at that time and playing the uk festivals

I wonder what will happen to the festival if the gaa start work on pairc uí chaoimh.
    Don't think they'll be requsting public funds after the money they made from renting out croke park so it's probably a matter of time before they start

Not as tricky as you think, these have all confirmed so far. Christy Moore, Bryan Adams, Elton John, Alexandre Burke, Imelda May and Bell X1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

murphym7 wrote: »
    Not as tricky as you think, these have all confirmed so far. Christy Moore, Bryan Adams, Elton John, Alexandre Burke, Imelda May and Bell X1.

other then those acts

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Frames also added

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Christ that line up is depressing. I'll probably be dragged to Bryan Adams, no doubt it'll be a fine gig and all, but the rest? Bell X1 are the new Beautiful South - middle of the road music you hear inside lifts for middle of the road people. No interest in Christie Moore, no interest in Imelda May - yes, we get the fact that you're doing old music in a new way, but it's a one horse trick, and you've done it to death. Elton John is meh, and Alexandra Burke?

Hopefully we'll have more of the likes of Chickenfoot/Megadeth to balance the humdrum out a bit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭Milly33

UhhI have heard that someone Fantastico may be playing there but I am keeping my mouth zipped until I hear a definite.His male, a classic and he rocks

Milly33 wrote: »
    UhhI have heard that someone Fantastico may be playing there but I am keeping my mouth zipped until I hear a definite.His male, a classic and he rocks

Is this the usual Springsteen rumour we've have every year of the Marquee?

Ne its better than Mr Bruce

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Milly33 wrote: »
    Ne its better than Mr Bruce

:confused: not possible

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Is it really that bad down there? I'm torn between going there and going to the O2 for a gig. I don't think I've ever heard any positive reviews of it as a venue!

Red Fm are to make another announcement about a new addition to the line up tomorrow

I think it might be JLS (with Olly Murs) or Shayne Ward

I think if Bruce was ever announced for Cork it would be the best gig ever in the place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I think if Bruce was ever announced for Cork it would be the best gig ever in the place

I'd love to see it happen but I'd doubt it, if I win the lotto I'll arrange it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

i hope they get at least one decent act

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭ColSheehan

I'd love to see Damian Rice at the Marquee (I know, I can dream :cool:)

pow wow wrote: »
    Is it really that bad down there? I'm torn between going there and going to the O2 for a gig. I don't think I've ever heard any positive reviews of it as a venue!

I only went to one gig there Meatloaf and twas great i loved it, back to the basics really for a venue. You could either have seating or stand. I loved the venue because it wasnt too big, the O2 puts me off because if you dont have a good seat sure all your doing is looking at a screen for the night.

Tis the line up me thinks is just after getting bad more catered towards teens me thinks

Bruno Mars also a possibility :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

I saw Morrissey there a few years back and I thought twas great.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Red Fm are to make another announcement about a new addition to the line up.

It's Grinderman, playing Monday June 20th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

I saw Roger Waters there a few years ago. Brilliant. Ditto Neil Young. Ditto Massive Attack.

Advertisement