Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-03-2020, 21:10   #46
Guy Person

Independent music magazine The Wire have opened there archives for one week, no need to sign up or register. Every single issue is available to read here https://ocean.exacteditions.com/magazines/493/issues/

Citesandmemory is a website all about sound and they have listed many free things for musicians, audiophiles and music fans to do online. There are some very interesting looking things here for nerds like meself. https://citiesandmemory.com/covid19-sound-resources/
Advertisement
23-03-2020, 22:13   #47
byte

Quote:
Originally Posted by xckjoo View Post
Tried this but keeps just bringing me to a page that asks for a code to redeem. Are they all gone or is it just some browser issue?
I had the same problem, but also went ahead and registered which was a mistake! Because, then when you go back to the initial page and click Get Code, it just brings you to the page to enter code and Zip/Postcode.

I got around it by, when on the initial page, right click the link to get code, and open in an incognito window. You'll get the code to copy there
Thanks from:
24-03-2020, 01:31   #48
Seve OB

Quote:
Originally Posted by flazio View Post
Ipad almost certainly. There's an android app. PS3, well, there's a PS4 app so I'd imagine one was set up for the older console.
iPad sorted.
fire stick not a runner
ps3 not a runner

24-03-2020, 01:32   #49
Seve OB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Person View Post
Once you're signed up you can cancel immediately so you don't get charged, you'll still have it for the three months. They will probably email you a week or two before the three months is up offering you a reduced deal to stay.
went through cancellation and it told me at the end i would be cut off on 23 april
think you might need to wait till after 23 may to cancel to get the full 3 months value
(2) thanks from:
24-03-2020, 11:33   #50
luketitz

Amazon today canceled the subscription of books and audio stories for children and students of all ages as long as schools are closed, kids everywhere can instantly stream an incredible collection of stories, including titles across six different languages, that will help them continue dreaming, learning, and just being kids.

All stories are free to stream on your desktop, laptop, phone or tablet using the following link https://stories.audible.com/start-listen.
Advertisement
24-03-2020, 18:14   #51
evolveDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by luketitz View Post
Amazon today canceled the subscription of books and audio stories for children and students of all ages as long as schools are closed, kids everywhere can instantly stream an incredible collection of stories, including titles across six different languages, that will help them continue dreaming, learning, and just being kids.

All stories are free to stream on your desktop, laptop, phone or tablet using the following link https://stories.audible.com/start-listen.
that's a cool share. any idea on how long it'll last? thanks!
24-03-2020, 18:32   #52
Seve OB

Quote:
Originally Posted by luketitz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolveDD View Post
that's a cool share. any idea on how long it'll last? thanks!
the clue was in the post
(2) thanks from:
24-03-2020, 19:04   #53
dingding

https://twitter.com/SOLASFET/status/1242423522091315202

Interested in fully online, tutor supported & industry certified courses?

Thinking faceIn response to the #COVID19 situation
@eCollegeIRL courses are temporarily being made available FREE of charge to over 16s. More info @ http://ecollege.ie #eCollegeisOpen #edchatie #COVID19ireland
24-03-2020, 19:14   #54
evolveDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seve OB View Post
the clue was in the post
lol.. thats what happens when either your eyes are ****ed or you skim right past the most important of details . . . need to be extra careful when reading
Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-03-2020, 19:21   #55
taytobreath

nice one dingding. I just signed up for the excel expert
Thanks from:
24-03-2020, 19:34   #56
dingding

Quote:
Originally Posted by taytobreath View Post
Enjoy, hope you find it useful
Thanks from:
24-03-2020, 19:48   #57
muffler

Good few links posted here to some free books, films and games. Looks like a US site but most of the links should work
(2) thanks from:
24-03-2020, 19:56   #58
WhiteMemento9

Code Acadmey free to student for 90 days. Normally 20 per month. Works with any student email address.
(2) thanks from:
24-03-2020, 21:20   #59
ablelocks

amazon.co.uk have some kids kindle edition books showing as 0.00 for prime members

3 i found in kids kindle books section - harry potter and philosphers stone, ratburger and the midnight gang. i didn't hear of anything about free kindle editions, so don't know if this is a glitch, an offer or what....
Thanks from:
24-03-2020, 22:21   #60
Seve OB

Quote:
Originally Posted by taytobreath View Post
was just about to sign up for the same
it is looking for my PPS number
is this a legit site?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic